No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb little detail that no one will probably ever notice, but I gold powder coated the lug nuts to match the factory gold anodized hood letters.

Getting started on the muffler. I’m gonna work on the car all weekend to try and get the exhaust buttoned up.

Comment

Aluminum portion of the exhaust weighs 15 lbs, so I went from 60.5 to 28.5 total. Don’t know what it sounds like just yet. I’m about 90° worth of weld on the last joint from being done and ran out of argon.

Comment

Now, where’s the best place to upload video for sound clips so I can link/embed them? Trying to avoid YouTube

Comment

Wow, incredible incredible word Adam.

That exhaust looks amazing and I can't wait to hear how good it sounds.

Very impressive attention to detail :up:

Comment

Guess the resonator wasn’t as straight as I thought. That’s what happens when you’re laying under a car on jack stands.

Comment

thats wild. pretty amazing. Ive heard that the aluminum exhausts sound totally different. I think other than youtube vimeo is your only other option
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Open downpipe

With resonator

Full length

On the ground complete w/tip

Comment

This is the best!
                  1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

so sweet...looking forward to hearing at dick's holman soon...
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    '90 325i sedan daily driven
                    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                      so sweet...looking forward to hearing at dick's holman soon...

The Holman meets seem to coincide with the times when my car is out of order. Never fails. lol

Comment

After driving the car just a bit here and there with the new exhaust, I find it interesting that it sounds a lot like a motorcycle. I don’t know if that’s an E30 thing, or if it’s cause of the aluminum, but it sounds just like a superbike (of course it doesn’t rev as fast).

Next is more SuperSexy™️ maintenance stuffs

I have absolutely no idea how many miles this thing has, so I HAVE to do a timing belt.

Comment

its not an e30 thing. I've never heard an m20 that sounded like that. it sound fantastic tho.......

I wonder what would be the longevity of aluminum? seems like it could be prone to stress cracks.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

That exhaust is a work of art. Sounds great too!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                              its not an e30 thing. I've never heard an m20 that sounded like that. it sound fantastic tho.......

I wonder what would be the longevity of aluminum? seems like it could be prone to stress cracks.

I was concerned too. That’s why I put the flex coupler after the stainless, used more hangers than I usually would’ve and didn’t weld hangers to the aluminum. The aluminum part is under very little stress at this point. We’ll see

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                                That exhaust is a work of art. Sounds great too!

Thanks man. I’m happy with it. It might be a little too quiet to me, but I usually have pretty loud exhausts.

Comment

Working...
                                X