*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll stick around. As long as it’s not frowned upon. Some groups can get sensi-poo around their favorite brands. That’s all. I’m not going anywhere

Comment

Keep posing as an e30 and keep posting!
      sigpic

Comment

It's still an E30 chassis, and dash, I say post as long as you want. Even if it wasn't, its a cool ass project, keep going!
        Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I'm with everyone else...keep on keepin on!
          BMWCCA #389756

Comment

Even if it's not a bmw it's still a bad ass build.
            very inspiring.
            pls keep posting .

Comment

Might not be the most popular choice, but I’m thinking of using Alodine 1201 to “color” the block/head and some other misc aluminum parts. Alodine is a conversion coating for aluminum that is used in the aircraft industry. It’s sort of like anodizing in that it converts the surface of the aluminum to resist corrosion. I want sort of a vintage aircraft look to the engine and I think a combo of alodine, gloss black, texture black and maybe some gold or copper accents will be a good look.

This is what alodine looks like. Usually parts are soaked in it, and I’d probably need to use a spray bottle and spray the main setup. I guess even if I don’t like the result, it’s a perfect surface to paint at that point.

Comment

Please keep posting I love this thread!

Tha alodine looks cool!

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
                  Please keep posting I love this thread!

Tha alodine looks cool!

I’m staying here. I just wanted confirmation it was ok with everyone.

Dash transition base is out.

I’ll have to mess with it later in the week. I have a same-day down & back to San Diego for work tomorrow.

Also figured out why my parking lights wouldn’t come on this morning. Not exactly sure why it happened though.

Comment

This should be easier to weld to than that MDF.

Comment

Holy....moly....

When I have the time, I'm going back through this whole thread. But what I have seen so far has been AMAZING.
                      Current:
                      1989 325i
                      1988 M3
                      1987 325ic
                      Past:
                      2001 330ci
                      2001 M3

Comment

Made a little part while I was waiting on other stuff to get completed. An adapter to run an external oil cooler (Yes, yes, I know those are flare, NOT AN fittings, they’re just there for visual representation).

I think I can adapt to the OE E30 oil cooler with some M22-10 AN adapters.

Comment

RWD 5 pot bellhousing acquired. Not an easy Pick N Pull part to grab.

Comment

Good stuff with the bell housing Adam! I'm looking forward to seeing this mated to the 260 :up:

Comment

Dash fiberglass with a rough trim.

Comment

This is one of my Favorite builds, your fabrication skills Truly inspire me. Every time I make, modify something I think Adam's Volvo.
                                Because we don't post, doesn't mean we not watching your progress!!! or waiting eagerly for updates, glad you staying.

Great Stuff Adam.

Comment

Working...
                                X