No announcement yet.

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what would happen if you pair a sprung center clutch disk with a dual mass flywheel?

Comment

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
      Any idea what would happen if you pair a sprung center clutch disk with a dual mass flywheel?
      Nope, but Im guessing you (and the rest of us ) will find out soon :p
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Nope, but Im guessing you (and the rest of us ) will find out soon :p

Well, I’ve got a 215mm recess in the Volvo dual mass flywheel. I have three options, A) buy a larger E30 disk made for dual mass and have it trimmed (losing some friction material $120), B) buy an E21 sprung center 215mm disk and drop it in (sub $100) or C) pay to have an unsprung BMW center put in a Volvo disk by one of the various performance clutch places (+/- $200 for stock sized organic friction disk). I know $80-$100 doesn’t seem like a ton, but I’m on an uber tight budget. I do pretty much everything out of scraps or used parts.

Comment

E21 sounds like the easiest/cheapest option.
          maybe someone on a E21 forum has a used one or ebay
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

So, used our shipping pallet jack/scale to weigh the empty engine/trans combo. I’m going to re-weigh them tomorrow on a more accurate scale (even though the shipping/receiving guys swear the scale on the pallet jack is accurate)

Got some new stickers today for both my cars (the Amazon will have to wait for his)

Comment

My hope is that someone sees something that gives them an idea for how to do their build even if it isn’t the same. I had resigned myself to shelling out a bunch of time and money to build a full custom header until I saw someone else build a J pipe (up pipe) to relocate their turbo and I was like, “duhhhhh”, so now I’m taking that route. Sometimes I worry that my posts are too granular, but I figure people can just skip over if they want.
              I think if you just post cause it's something you like to do, people will naturally be interested in it if it's interesting. In your case, it certainly is interesting to me!

Comment

I sent you a PM.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I've got a used e21 clutch disc I'll ship to you.

Untitled by hatchethairy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by captain awesome View Post
                    I've got a used e21 clutch disc I'll ship to you.

Untitled by hatchethairy, on Flickr

How much?

Comment

How much?

Pay shipping and it's yours. I'll take a good look at it tonight, but I'm pretty sure it had quite a bit of life left in it.

Comment

Pay shipping and it's yours. I'll take a good look at it tonight, but I'm pretty sure it had quite a bit of life left in it.

Awesome! Let me know how it looks and I’ll PM you.

Comment

Awesome! Let me know how it looks and I’ll PM you.

I've also got an m42 dual mass non-sprung one if that works better with the dual mass flywheel which is also 215mm. Hell, you can have both and see which one works best for your application.

Comment

I've also got an m42 dual mass non-sprung one if that works better with the dual mass flywheel which is also 215mm. Hell, you can have both and see which one works best for your application.

Whoa! You’re getting a Christmas card from me!

Comment

Whoa! You’re getting a Christmas card from me!

We have high expectations for this Christmas card
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dude.

How I'm just now seeing this build is beyond me. I've seen pictures of this car on the internet plenty of times.

Your persistent drive and wide range of capabilities is inspiring the say the least. I'd consider myself a fabricator type as well but I've admittedly gotten a bit lazy over the past few years so this thread is getting all the creative juices flowing again, so thank you for that. I thoroughly enjoyed reading through this thread over the past few hours and think you should absolutely continue posting content in your detailed style, it helps others learn and get motivated to try new things!

Keep it up!

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
                                --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X