Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Wagen
    replied
    Man, I really like the look of that CM5908 and now regret not saving the really clean ones I've come across in junkyards over the years :( Wasn't there an OEM CD player available at some point as a dealer option, maybe in like the early 90s? Now that would be a nice piece to have. Figuring out a way to add an aux connection would be ideal, which I'm pretty sure people have done already.

Leave a comment:

• 0-60 freak
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Is it Pilkington glass?
    Yes, mine is

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Is it Pilkington glass?

Leave a comment:

• 0-60 freak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Oh no, storm was nothing at all really.

Kills me to be sitting around with my dick in my hand doing jack shit but I'm still full stop waiting on the headliner to arrive.

This did arrive yesterday, new Genuine BMW front windshield.

Same green shade as my new one...gray looks so much better

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Oh no, storm was nothing at all really.

Kills me to be sitting around with my dick in my hand doing jack shit but I'm still full stop waiting on the headliner to arrive.

This did arrive yesterday, new Genuine BMW front windshield.

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Didn't get hit with the storm too bad?

Leave a comment:

• Jordan
    replied
    Nope, just a good used panel. New is NLA, and was like $400+ when it went NLA.

The wave is from the screws that hold the top to the dash, they all do it to some degree.

Leave a comment:

• amcp
    replied
    Originally posted by e304lyfe View Post
    Was this a new HVAC panel? ...was always somewhat curious whether the slight waviness on the top row of buttons was just how these panels came, or if this was just how they aged due to the way they are bolted up, heat, etc.
    Yeah good question

Leave a comment:

• e304lyfe
    replied
    Was this a new HVAC panel? ...was always somewhat curious whether the slight waviness on the top row of buttons was just how these panels came, or if this was just how they aged due to the way they are bolted up, heat, etc.

Also, it goes without saying, but incredible build Jordan!!!

Leave a comment:

• Albie325
    replied
    Awesome idea, never even though if it. I’ll be oing this for sure especially with how expensive some of these parts are getting to replace now. Car is coming along great

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Originally posted by Nalex View Post
    Would you please explain how to do that?
    I really like the idea
    Yeah I've turned my antenna on once or twice in 30+ drives - at least in my experience it seems alot of folks just don't listen to radio stations as much anymore.

It's actually very simple - when the added fog switch is off it disconnects the white wire going from the head unit to the power antenna, so when the radio is on the antenna stays down. When you want to listen to a radio station you push the fog switch on and the power antenna works normally. Just turn it off again and the antenna retracts.

The fog switch works well for most folks that have an empty switch spot above the HVAC panel.

Otherwise or you can use a small square switch from an E30 sedan instead and mount that on the console (hat tip to Levent at Gutenparts for the square switch idea).

If you have the premium amp / BMW Sound System the wiring is slightly more involved, because the same white wire to the head unit feeds two white wires going to the power antenna and the premium amp in the trunk. You have to experiment a bit and find out which of the white wires is for the amp (leave that one connected to the head unit) and which one is for the power antenna (insert the switch on that one).

By "insert the switch" I mean connect the white wire from the antenna to it. Then connect another piece of white wire between the switch and the radio.

It's easier to see how to wire with BMW sound system if you have pics. Here's a schematic view. you insert the switch where the red XXXXs are.

Just keep in mind the short line from C219 to C233 is actually between the trunk and the radio opening lol. Find where the white wire from C219 plugs into a clear connector in the radio opening - that's the C233 connector.

Insert the switch there - but again make sure you're not cutting the wrong white wire! . It's actually easy to screw it up unfortunately so get yourself a meter and be sure. If you picked the right spot, when you turn the radio on the amp will stay on and the antenna will be disabled.
    Last edited by bradnic; 04-26-2019, 09:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nalex
    replied
    Originally posted by bradnic View Post
    Damn right! This makes me happy. Seriously though think about the fog switch power antenna bypass.. super easy to remove if you want, protects the antenna when you’re not listening to a radio station
    Would you please explain how to do that?
    I really like the idea

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    Radio works great as expected, power antenna working normally

Damn right! This makes me happy. Seriously though think about the fog switch power antenna bypass.. super easy to remove if you want, protects the antenna when you’re not listening to a radio station

Leave a comment:

• Melon
    replied
    Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
    I think they can mix single stage AW3 as well. I'm going with the original AW2 for my build. Still debating if I should do the single stage or base/clear.... Any thoughts?
    Single stage is easier to shoot, and is good for basic applications.
    (work-truk, flipper car)

Two stage base-clear gives a better shine, and durability.

Leave a comment:

• fresh_TD
    replied
    Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
    I think they can mix single stage AW3 as well. I'm going with the original AW2 for my build. Still debating if I should do the single stage or base/clear.... Any thoughts?
    Go with base/clear. It will last longer and shine better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X