• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
    Sub'd

Thanks.
    I do things.

Comment

Just wasted a lot of time at work reading this start to finish. These nut and bolt restorations really make me feel like a lazy piece of shit, haha. Fantastic work.
      91 318is M50 swapped
      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Fixing the drivers side rocker panel, all smooth and blocked out.

Drivers quarter panel all fixed.

Masking the shell off carefully for its first coat of high build primer.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

nice :)
          88 325is. S54, CSL airbox, Motec M800, Motec C127, Motec PDM15, Stoptech STR, MCS 2 way coilovers, Forgeline wheels, Recaro SPA, Eisenmann, Personal, lots of custom.

90 318is. As new OEM+, BBS LM, AST 4210 2 way coilovers, Wilwood SL6R/SL4R, Dynaudio, Recaro Experts

Comment

All of the bodyworked sections of the exterior shell are now encapsulated in primer.

I believe they are going to move on to the interior, trunk and engine bay to get them finished in primer while they let the exterior cure thoroughly before block/prime/block/prime to perfection.

Comment

Must feel like they're moving at light speed after how long it's taken to get there with the other delays
              sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Moving right along. Sanding is finished in the engine bay and interior now, just about ready for primer.

The guys are now working on the trunk lid, hood and both doors to get them laser straight and clean off all the adhesive residue.

Comment

More progress. Poor guy must be rubbing his fingers raw sanding the interior and engine bay.

Comment

wow, that's a lot of sanding
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

That's why I hate doing bodywork haha
                      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Hood, trunk and doors in first coat of primer.

Comment

Quick progress now! Looking forward to seeing it in colour!

Comment

Inspiring!
                            Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                            1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                            Palm Beach County

Comment

I never thought I would have to post something like this but the owner of Gulf Coast Designs, the shop I pulled the E30 from immediately following him announcing he was closing down, is doing his best to steal from me.

I have him a large sum of money to begin work several months ago, which went quickly at first and then pretty much stagnated with him putting other cars in front of mine. Right at the beginning of November I saw he had listed a bunch of his shop equipment for sale on Facebook Marketplace, including the paint booth... I confronted him about it and he confirmed he was going to close down but had not officially announced it as of yet.

A few days later (November 9th at 8:20pm) he officially announced he was closing to friends and clients online, and I was there with a tow truck the following morning at 7:30am to retrieve my vehicle as I think any reasonable person with the means to do so would.

I don't know about you guys but I certainly know a few people that have had project cars effectively lost behind shuttered doors and had hell getting them back. That wasn't going to be me.

When I picked the car up I asked him where we were with regards to work done against the deposit and if he had anything he wanted to give me. He made it clear he neither had a dollar to give me, nor had any idea where we were cost/work wise.

No problem, I'm a reasonable dude. Told him to get his shop equipment sold and catch up with me once he has money.

One week turned to two, into three with me checking in periodically about that accounting of work done vs refund owed. Always hes gonna get to it. It took a month and straight up hounding for him to finally give me an accounting of where my deposit went.

As it was clear he still didn't have any money and a refund would not be possible for him he went ahead and killed the balance of the deposit by charging me $1000 non-refundable deposit because I pulled the vehicle before it was done, and then rounding it out with $625 in storage fees. When contested he says I was mistaken about him going out of business, that he was just feeling the market out on the paint booth, is going a different direction with his business and is still open.

His post screenshot the evening prior to me picking up the car which seems hard to misunderstand:

Because he reconsidered closing and is restructuring his business a month after I pulled my car he doesn't feel that he owes me anything, and I'm not getting any of my money back. After several days of back and forth trying in my most diplomatic manner to talk sense into him he finally stopped replying to me and lets me know he's got a lawyer to fight me with if I want to sue him over it and stops replying to me.

I went ahead and lit him up with well deserved reviews on Google, Yelp, BBB, and Facebook. He took his Facebook page offline fairly quickly in response to this, but he can't control the others.

SOOOOO. Moral of the story here.

Don't pay a guy a large cash deposit upfront no matter how highly a well respected friend speaks of him and his talent.
                              Last edited by Jparkr; 12-18-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

what a trash bag. I was furious about being charged $100 to get something blasted when it took the shop 3 weeks to do it...

I can’t even imagine how you feel. What goes around comes around, and I’m sure he will get what he deserves. Excited to see fresh alpine from a respectable shop. Keep up the work.

Comment

Working...
                                X