Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    can't see any pics :/
    Download and install the Photobucket plugin for Chrome/Firefox or whatever you use.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

"hotlinks fix for photobucket"
      1990 325is
      m52b28
      3.73lsd
      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I have it but not working on my home computer was able to see on work computer though.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
          Was that something that you ordered off of the website or called in for? This would be nice to have a the shop!

I cut mine in half so I can do a cylinder at a time.

best valve spring compressor tool ever.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
            It is UPOL Raptor truck bed liner, custom tinted. I saved the tint formulation for replication as needed.

It is not rubberized, its pretty damn hard but still malleable. Its also slick as snot so road grime should wipe off with ease.

It needs to be sanded to paint over.
            Great, thanks for the info man. I loved how it came out on your car.

Comment

It is UPOL Raptor truck bed liner, custom tinted. I saved the tint formulation for replication as needed.

It is not rubberized, its pretty damn hard but still malleable. Its also slick as snot so road grime should wipe off with ease.

It needs to be sanded to paint over.
              Also, I wanted to know if this can be used in wheel wells. Oh, my next few questions on this product are can it be clear coated? can you use regular epoxy primer then apply this? Can this be tinted with any kind of paint?

Comment

Integrated heating/air conditioning control (IHKS)
                If I recall, you used neoprene gasket material for your last e30 project. Is this neoprene too? Looks different..Any rationale behind the material selection? Thank you

Comment

The foam on the last car was all but completely gone, where as on this case some of it was still intact. I used what I had on hand this time, and it looks and feels closer to what was on there originally.

The donor foam is actually a replacement 318iS hoodliner insert. When I ordered it the dealer only received 2 of the 3 sections so they reordered, they gave the damaged out incomplete set to me along with the complete replacement.

IMO the foam is part heat insulation and part sound deadening for the air rushing over it, to that end the open cell texture likely assists in its function.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I got mine out of my car today, and the recirc. doors are intact.
                    How do you go about reinforcing them?
                    I do things.

Comment

This past week I found your thread for your red E30 build and read it in its entirety. I am now following this one and have to say your work and attention to detail is inspiring. Keep up the great work!

Comment

A little something this weekend, not terribly exciting mind you but progress none the less.

I needed to get the M5 deep cleaned, detailed, polished and ceramic coated so that meant reorganizing the garage so I had space to work on it. I loaded all the suspension subassemblies onto the shelving and maximized space usage in the process. When done all floor space was available less the 2ft or so along the shelf wall lined with E30 parts.

The next little project this weekend that is more of a passive task while I worked on the M5 was to brighten/whiten all of the white plastic bits and bobs on the car I wasn't intending on replacing with new. This process is called retrobrite and is widely used in old school electronics/computers to restore the original color of yellowed consoles and cases to their former glory. I thought I would give it a shot with the white plastics and see if I could get them an brighter.

1 liter of 40% hydrogen peroxide liquid with a little makeup water to fully submerge all pieces and left in the sun (UV light is the catalyst) to bake. Agitated every hour or two and after 8 hours there is an appreciable improvement.

Before:

After:

I plan on giving the brake master reservoir, fuel vapor expansion tank, and 318iS specific windshield washer tank the same treatment as all 3 are NLA as far as I know.

and of course the thoroughly cleaned M5 chillin' guarding all them e30 parts.

Last edited by Jordan; 09-16-2018, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Would you continue to get them whiter if you did the process again?
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd
                          g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Aw man, glad you mentioned that, I bought a used brake fluid reservoir that looked good, but is very tan. I'll have to try that next weekend.
                            I do things.

Comment

afaik the only difference between the early model brake reservoirs and the lates is the plug style on the cap. I bought a brand new one for my early model last year and was amazed they weren't NLA

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                                Aw man, glad you mentioned that, I bought a used brake fluid reservoir that looked good, but is very tan. I'll have to try that next weekend.

I tried that process on an NLA BMW brake fluid reservoir, it didn't work very well. It made it look cleaner, but definitely still yellow-ish. I'd love to find a way to correct the color.
                                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Working...
                                X