Project Weißer Regen: 91 318iS Restomod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
    Please just post large images if possible. Who cares about forum format...we want to see all those little details. Very helpful if one wants to see what screw, clamp, nut goes where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Then just click the specific image you want and view it on Photo Bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by wazzu70 View Post
      In low RPMs yes, in high RPMs the long crank of the I6 gets nasty for torsional vibration. This is why the non-M I6 engines are designed for lower RPM. Performance I6 has a different damper system (S38, S50 [real version], S54) where there is a better attachment to the crank snout. Even then race teams used ducting to the damper to keep it cool and replaced them often.

Just a classifier on the statement because people believe this and wonder why I6 engines beat themselves to death if used a lot a higher RPM.

Some damper info for those curious: https://harmonicdampers.com/index.ph...e3bkqcfpt2epc4

Good info there.
      I do things.

Comment

Please just post large images if possible. Who cares about forum format...we want to see all those little details. Very helpful if one wants to see what screw, clamp, nut goes where.

The large images don't fit width wise on my 38" 4k ultrawide at home.... They would murder most displays. This is what I have to do for now.

I have an email into photobucket support about what the hell is going on.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

just click on the picture. it will take you to the website where you can see a larger one then scroll through the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
            just click on the picture. it will take you to the website where you can see a larger one then scroll through the pictures.
            Photobucket is likely doing this to gain more clicks on their actual website, thus raising their viewership stock.
            Steve • Toronto
            1991 318is • Brillantrot
            Build Thread

Comment

Flickr > PB

Comment

you are one crazy man! :D
                http://instagram.com/mundieriss
                my 88' m20b30 HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                  Photobucket is likely doing this to gain more clicks on their actual website, thus raising their viewership stock.
                  The website is advertisement aids for anyone that doesn't have their own paid account logged in. I pay about $100 a year to be able to embed and host for sharing these threads. No reply from support as of yet beyond the auto reply stating they will get back to me some day....

Comment

Originally posted by Jokester View Post
                    Flickr > PB
                    ^ this

Photobucket is a festering turd pile.
                    Switch to imgur or Flickr. Save yourselves lol
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

love the progress you've been making recently
                      agree x1000 on pb

Comment

Problem is that I have thousands of images on Photobucket and switching will mean breaking every image I've posted over the last 10+ years. I'm kinda married to it.

Comment

How is it as a paid service?

I too have thousands of pictures on there, and I've considered them lost since they switched to requesting money. Mainly because their server is on a 56k modem.
                          I do things.

Comment

This recent weirdness aside I haven't had any issues with them. That said tech support has been about as useful as ovaries on a nun, I think I have it resolved on my own. My account upload settings were reset (not by me) and reconfiguring, erasing uploads made during the setting change, and reuploading then going back and relinking here seems to resolve....

Rebuilt cluster installed, odometer cleared out to signify the vehicles rebirth. I'm not going to go into how to recalibrate the odometer, its fairly straight forward if not a little fiddly because of the number of components to juggle, but I need not make it any easier than it already is to change the mileage on these cars.

Connected the electrical system to power for the first time in nearly two years. No magic smoke. Played around with what I could, engine harness isn't installed so the some stuff wouldn't work like blower and windows which get power from the unloader relay.

Radio works great as expected, power antenna working normally, OBC works, all dash lighting working (all new bulbs damn well better) and all exterior lighting works, again all new bulbs and housings so really damn well better. Washer pump runs, windshield wiper motor choochs along, horn works, I think thats it.

Front lighting test

Last edited by Jordan; 04-13-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Seeing those headlights working feels good.
                              My Feedback

Comment

I like the fly tho

Comment

Working...
                                X