• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for continually sharing with us!

Drive Tastefully!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
    IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

ILCO non-OE key? WHAT?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
        ILCO non-OE key? WHAT?
        Only key the car came with, haven't got around to ordering new ones from the dealer yet. Rather low priority.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
        https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

I’m assuming it’s just the photo, but the headlights and fog lights look much whiter than typical halogens. What bulbs are they?
          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
          e30 restoration and V8 swap
          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            I’m assuming it’s just the photo, but the headlights and fog lights look much whiter than typical halogens. What bulbs are they?
            It definitely isn't the photos, they are a nice bright white. I went with new OSRAM (German made specifically!) bulbs for everything on the vehicle. The new ZKW foglamps came with bulbs already installed so I can't speak for sure, but I'm willing to bet they have quality OSRAM bulbs in them too.

Comment

Osram is the only brand I use for bulbs, they are the only bulb I’ve seen last the same as a factory OEM bulb. Great Choice

Comment

looks great. I don't recall seeing...is it single stage AW3 paint or clear coated ?

Comment

AW3 is base/clear, I don't think BMW has made any single stage paint finishes since the early 90's.

Comment

So nice to see all the lights.

I never knew there was a gas warning light.
                    I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                      AW3 is base/clear, I don't think BMW has made any single stage paint finishes since the early 90's.
                      I think they can mix single stage AW3 as well. I'm going with the original AW2 for my build. Still debating if I should do the single stage or base/clear.... Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                        I think they can mix single stage AW3 as well. I'm going with the original AW2 for my build. Still debating if I should do the single stage or base/clear.... Any thoughts?
                        Go with base/clear. It will last longer and shine better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                        '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
                        '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
                          Single stage is easier to shoot, and is good for basic applications.
                          (work-truk, flipper car)

Two stage base-clear gives a better shine, and durability.
                          I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan View Post
                            Radio works great as expected, power antenna working normally

Damn right! This makes me happy. Seriously though think about the fog switch power antenna bypass.. super easy to remove if you want, protects the antenna when you’re not listening to a radio station
                            I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                            DB vert plastic bumpers
                            OEM Keys
                            MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                            91 ic Calypso 3.1
                            86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                            TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                            e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                              Damn right! This makes me happy. Seriously though think about the fog switch power antenna bypass.. super easy to remove if you want, protects the antenna when you’re not listening to a radio station
                              Would you please explain how to do that?
                              I really like the idea

Comment

Originally posted by Nalex View Post
                                Would you please explain how to do that?
                                I really like the idea
                                Yeah I've turned my antenna on once or twice in 30+ drives - at least in my experience it seems alot of folks just don't listen to radio stations as much anymore.

It's actually very simple - when the added fog switch is off it disconnects the white wire going from the head unit to the power antenna, so when the radio is on the antenna stays down. When you want to listen to a radio station you push the fog switch on and the power antenna works normally. Just turn it off again and the antenna retracts.

The fog switch works well for most folks that have an empty switch spot above the HVAC panel.

Otherwise or you can use a small square switch from an E30 sedan instead and mount that on the console (hat tip to Levent at Gutenparts for the square switch idea).

If you have the premium amp / BMW Sound System the wiring is slightly more involved, because the same white wire to the head unit feeds two white wires going to the power antenna and the premium amp in the trunk. You have to experiment a bit and find out which of the white wires is for the amp (leave that one connected to the head unit) and which one is for the power antenna (insert the switch on that one).

By "insert the switch" I mean connect the white wire from the antenna to it. Then connect another piece of white wire between the switch and the radio.

It's easier to see how to wire with BMW sound system if you have pics. Here's a schematic view. you insert the switch where the red XXXXs are.

Just keep in mind the short line from C219 to C233 is actually between the trunk and the radio opening lol. Find where the white wire from C219 plugs into a clear connector in the radio opening - that's the C233 connector.

Insert the switch there - but again make sure you're not cutting the wrong white wire! . It's actually easy to screw it up unfortunately so get yourself a meter and be sure. If you picked the right spot, when you turn the radio on the amp will stay on and the antenna will be disabled.
                                Last edited by bradnic; 04-26-2019, 09:32 AM.
                                I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                                DB vert plastic bumpers
                                OEM Keys
                                MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                                91 ic Calypso 3.1
                                86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                                TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                                e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X