No announcement yet.

[Entropy] - 21 reasons why Celebrities love this workout program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hasn't left the shop, but moved on its own power, has solid brake pedal. Hope to get some miles next week. Leak rear window, in sync to finish interior. More to follow, just this for now.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2021

Progress?

YESSSS

Seat delete template, intimidating at first, Amazed how accurate CAD can be...

Fit up is going well on the seat delete

Testing out some color

Interior remodeling - Wire Wheeling and Priming seat delete bracket - Prepping for paint

Removed the Mishimoto Zline radiator. I just think its too heavy, not efficient enough...

Things are going back together!

Test fitting seat delete with my carpet shim samples

One thing powder coat doesn't do is protect inside and lapping metals that well, over the years always noticed some rust coming gout of areas. Cavity wax to the rescue ever nook and cranny,

Gas tank getting ready to go back in.

Changed up the venting since the rear coil over moved the vent line inside, Turned down a vibrant nipple that was a bit too aggressive.

TIGa

Seat delete getting closer!

Carpet has arrived!

Gas tank filler tube vent painted and ready for install

Noted, Old vent tube cute off

On with the retrofit

You can see the bulk head fitting goes inside where it picks up to the gas tank vent, the highest point vents through a filter to atmosphere..

First time laying down carpet like this, here we go

Spray adhesive 90 was on back order, so used 3M super trim adhesive.

Genuine

Stoked! My mustang speaker grill turned out well for the SUB punch though

April TBC

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2021 - CONT

Progress, still chugging

Old Rear deck sound deadening

Fresh Rear deck sound deadening in Dynliner

Lower seat delete panels getting covered up

Checking fitment, Snug but good! Sorting how to complete and tie in delete

OLD school, Just glued right onto the wheel wells.

I was impressed on how the seem and fitment turned out!

1/2 Dynaliner on back of all the seat delete panels

Getting some fitting sorted for the ABS install

Used loctite 242 on the AN adapters

Euro Spare - 25 LBS savings

Some additional sound deadening, Not trying to go too crazy.

Id like to pull the old stuff off, but didn't want to open a can of worms. Time ticking...

Fresh fuel! After a while you figure out how to do anything by yourself...

Whelp! sneak peak of interior

Burgundy is a hard color too match up.

Eventually will do a tinted style truckbead liner, Rapter liner? But for now just trying to get a feel for what color.

The fuel tank vent line fit pretty well going over the inner wheel well into its pass though the AN bulkhead fitting showed above.

Pulled an all nighter and drove to NJ (Nine Stitch) and back to pick up the interior and started to fit it right away. But first some travel photos.

Who doesn't think twice about, Hmm id like one of those also?

Nascar VS Camper

And here we go, Is this what all my wait in debating color was for? Will it come together as I though it would?

As always, Modify one thing, modify a million things. That plug was a bugger to get in there. Hope to never remove. Bites tongue.

Getting seatbelts sorted before sending brackets off to powdercoating.

Under dash wiring getting finalized

Built a cable to plug in my wideband oxygen sensor LSU 4.9

New radiator arrived!

I initially painted just parts of my roof, But since my rear window gasket wouldn't stop leaking.. I had to pull the rear window out and decided to paint the roof interior fully...

SEM paint was used, FUN! Looks a lot better than before!

That's all the E30 progress for April!
        Last edited by moatilliatta; 06-23-2021, 03:52 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

April 2021

Work

Slow but decent guilted progress from a bit too much time taken on my stuff... And faulty parts making it hard to get things done.

Constant defects, you name it.

Official part mascot

But eventually got back together. Replaced condenser since it was rotted and beat up. Initially had to pull all back for hood cables. But back together again.

Some suspension installs

Some milestones. CAD

Lots of holes, Lots of hours

Houston, we have what looks like a floor.

MAJOR.
          Last edited by moatilliatta; 06-23-2021, 03:58 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Are you doing carpet in the E30? Truck liner is too heavy and hard to keep clean as a floor surface. Just paint it with a roller if you're not going carpet.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave View Post
              Are you doing carpet in the E30? Truck liner is too heavy and hard to keep clean as a floor surface. Just paint it with a roller if you're not going carpet.
              Line-X at 1/8 thick is .7 LBS, Floorboard area is about 42 Sq ft. If I can put it on 1/16 thick Id assume it would be something around 20 LBS. Seems lighter than sound deadening or carpet.

Plus it wont wear down like paint would, Need something to help with road noise. If laid smooth, maybe could be an easier clean up surface than expected. Also will do DEI heat and tunnel shield when ever the engine gets removed.

Its curranty painted, I hope to have a May update next week. I try to save Wednesday mornings to update my thread but something always comes up...

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

May 2021 PT. 1

Progress? At the Vintage 202X.....?

Welp, few weeks away and The Vintage is canceled. A few locals decide we will still go. The Vintage sans The Vintage must continue.

Burgandy was a hard match up, In hindsight I don't know why I just didn't get automotive grade enamel. Everything else is an attempt taken a high level. Anyway, floor prepped, band aided any rust holes, cut out mounting studs, Rust converter, 2k Primed, Painted.
                Turned out well for V1, Eventually will get fresh floor boards with cage, But that really aren't that bad.

Shade is a little off dependent on lighting and batteling texures, but exciting none the less. And a quite a bit more presentable!

Took a few tries, but its working! My old OBC screen was shot. The 13 button OBC screen was from gearworks from Germany. I don't have all the OBC functions, but one day insanely would like to.

Stoked!

Next up rear cards

Not sure why one would want to put this rats nest back on, Anywho here we go.. But a little tough because it was glued back on..

Replaced with proper Dynomat Dynolite 1/2​​​​​​

Getting my antenna sorted, Fitting the headliner and visors for the first time!

Floors dried... Mostly, Defiantly not so much where seam sealer was applied at spots that had cracked seam sealer... Show must go on

Seat delete panel going in, Carpet turned out pretty well on the back side of the floor board. Door cards, Parcel shelf, painted interior all coming together!

NEXT:

TBC
                Last edited by moatilliatta; 07-07-2021, 02:55 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

You should sell that rear seat delete setup. Big fan of your direction.

Comment

amcp We (Charlie, Abby, and myself) built rear seat deletes and I thought we were going to make some for re-sale, but my ADD and their OCD meant it was never going to happen. 3 rear seat deletes were made and that was that haha
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

2mAn damn I'd take a lightweight setup!!!

Comment

Nice work on the whole interior!!! That looks so good. Love it. Your rear seat delete is on another level hahaha I kinda want to redo mine with aluminum or CF or ABS...
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Sh3rpak!ng Well do it up and market it already!!!

Comment

Originally posted by amcp View Post
                            You should sell that rear seat delete setup. Big fan of your direction.
                            Thanks! I could... But it would be like something around 100 labor hours and materials! Its pretty intricate as it has a mounting frame welded into the chassis and gaps are next to none.

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                            Nice work on the whole interior!!! That looks so good. Love it. Your rear seat delete is on another level hahaha I kinda want to redo mine with aluminum or CF or ABS...
                            Thanks! I used 6mm alumilite, Pretty much thin aluminum sheet sandwiching corrugated plastic. I chose this route for its Strength, Weight, and acoustics properties. If this was a race car id just what Rules aloud for bulkhead material.

It worked out quite well with the carpet and the dynaliner. Panels are pretty light and deaden sound quite well. Goal is not to hear and sort of diff whine and keep road noise down from the back, Esp with the 75D AKG bushings. I also have a sub going though the rear panel, Definably don't want to vibrations.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

May 2021 - PT. 2

Progress? The Vintage sans The Vintage must continue.

And here we are, seats are in, Cards are in, Clutch and brakes are bled, tidy'd up the bumper with block off plate and a duct to the airbox, It moves. It drives, Made it out to cars and coffee and back. Still things to do Alignment, Nut and Bolt. A bit of a nerve racking drive to C&C, but made it flawless.

No pictures of the event... just the day after. Still not all the way assembled but to excited to care photoshoot

I went with the COCOMAT checkered in Grey and Black. And they fit pretty well without carpet. Probably better than the E46 ones people try and pass off. But so far it feels like a great touch to tie things together, And hope to keep some road noise down.

Its quite weird to drive it around and see it make its way out of the shop after being immobile for a few years..

Well super! excited about the sound system and having to rebuild my CD collection... Isn't it weird how things you though you had sometimes just aren't there.
                              Europe oddly has all the good CD's... Map pockets hold about 8, go got to make it good. Its been a while since I've opened one of these...

Building a support panel for the spare tire well out of the same alumilite product
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	001(570).HEIC.jpg Views:	45 Size:	74.6 KB ID:	10023085

Fitting the rest of Dynamat dynadeck, I really like this product. Its REALLY REALLY dense though. You can see where I laid it under the SUB in the forward section Also tucked away on the left is an Aluminum chock, Aluminum Porsche 966 jack modified for E30 use.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	001(568).HEIC.jpg Views:	45 Size:	81.5 KB ID:	10023086

Alright! And off to the scales for an alignment. A huge milestone
                              Its beast weighing in a 2666 LBS with a half tank, Assembled, Spare tire and actual tool kit, NO DRIVER and a few CD's...
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	001(567).HEIC.jpg Views:	45 Size:	81.0 KB ID:	10023087

I have 3/32 Rear toe in. I cant complain considering they are serrated adjusters in the rear, which adjust in increments of 1/16. Goal of 1/8 rear toe in is finally achieved with -2 deg of camber! Front was easy at zero toe and -3.5. Deg of camber. A WOOOT! Afterwards a full Nut and bolt was completed. Ready for some good driving and start dialing in some things

Oh yah, I like driving this thing!

So far its been super fun. The car is way too fast for these 205/50R17 Sumitomos. Needs something wider and grippier. The hood is wrapped for now till I can find a full carbon fiber hood. Unsure of venting right now. A full wash, first time in a while!

This wraps up this iteration as its reassembled again and ready to drive, Not many miles but we leave for the vintage shortly, a trip longer than the miles I've put on the car. A few small bits left always.., but nothing big for a while. The suspension needs some tuning but tires are too slippery to get too deep into it. The abs works great for the grip that is there.. As always, a shop photoshoot. Posted in Member rides - Out Of touch

Enjoy, TBC
                              Last edited by moatilliatta; 07-07-2021, 02:56 AM.

@Zakspeed_US

Comment

Love it. Drive safe and get back in one piece
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X