Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan's Hennarot 318is (s54, slicktop conversion, MT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing touches... Surprisingly I ordered this more than a year ago on ECSTuning when it was unavailable and they held onto my order and shipped it recently. Pretty cool. Glad to finally have a badge on it but it looks a little weird since I'm so used to seeing it without.

Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Out for a drive with Kid8 and zwill23 : LS, turrrrbooo m20, and s54. Lot's of fun.

COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Great project..
        When you went to Germany. German always referred their country as the Father land not mother land.
        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

Diamond in the rough between two lovely chariots! Lots of cool noises in this pic

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post
            Out for a drive with Kid8 and zwill23 : LS, turrrrbooo m20, and s54. Lot's of fun.

would love to see a video comparo of these 3

Comment

Originally posted by zwill23 View Post
              Diamond in the rough between two lovely chariots! Lots of cool noises in this pic
              You win for sexiest engine bay. Jealous of your turbos.
              COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Giving the e30 some love this week. I've had a noise in the back right that has become more pronounced over time, plus the axle boots have been cracked. I took on the task of changing the rear wheel bearings and the axles out. Oh boy this was a pita that I took my time on and plugged away over the course of the week.

Car up and getting it apart

First hub out after serious banging with a slidehammer. I ached all over after doing this

Driver's side hub was an absolute beast. I beat on it off and on for 2 days with the slide hammer and tried to pound it out from the backside and even had my buddy give it a go with no luck. I've always heard applying heat helps but I never took it seriously. Now I will always use it, I heated the hub up for 1 minute with a propane torch and then it came out with 5 whacks

When this one came out part of the bearing was still attached. I read about people spending hours with a dremel but I managed to use a cutting wheel on the angle grinder to take material off and then I knocked it off with a screwdriver and hammer

Next step, I pulled out the bearings using a bearing puller from Harbor Freight. When I first used it I didn't lubricate the threads and it worked but it was so hard going that it broke my ratchet. I use a 4 foot steel pipe for leverage so it's not a surprise.

k, now pressing the bearing in

Tools used from Harbor Freight:
                Bearing press - Pro-tip, lubricate the heck out of the threads. I actually stripped the first one I got removing the bearings but Harbor Freight rocks and they just swapped it out for me for free

Big sockets for the axle nuts

And back in the driveway

COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Excited for the subframe drop

Comment

Back in service! Still have noise?

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                      Back in service! Still have noise?
                      Noise is gone so it was either the bearings or the axles. All good now.
                      COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Out for a rip with the boys in the rain. Fixed a couple things on the drive. Tightened up the rear view mirror so there isn't anymore wobble and tightened one of the windshield wipers.

COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Well my climate fan started to only work on 4...which is better than not working but is annoying. I tried to get Black Forest Werkshop in Austin to replace the resistor but they wouldn't even quote it....

So, I dove in to replace the resistor and it turned into a "while you're in there" sort of thing. I've always wanted to extend the e46 wiring harness because it was so short it barely went through the firewall and I had the ECU just hanging there by the wires. I extended all the wires 13 inches. So many wires...

Success! Hours and hours of work just so I could mount the ecu... In summary, if you are just starting this swap, pay the extra money for the z4 harness.
                          Last edited by rjmcdermott81; 07-06-2022, 07:11 PM.
                          COTM Aug 2019

Comment

How has the car been? How many miles have you put on the swap???

and any RXSLA updates?
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              How has the car been? How many miles have you put on the swap???

and any RXSLA updates?
                              Car has been great so far. Without any major issues on the swap.

The Rx7 is built and operational. I'm doing some fine tuning to get it reliable.

COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Originally posted by rjmcdermott81 View Post

Car has been great so far. Without any major issues on the swap.

The Rx7 is built and operational. I'm doing some fine tuning to get it reliable.

Dude!... update your thread! haha
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X