Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on the M106. don't leave us hanging like that.

Comment

Yep
      Started off as a mostly stock m106 swap

Then I didn’t have enough fuel and kept running lean on the track, battled heat soak so one thing led to another and I dumped a bunch of money on fuel prep and megasquirt. Well now that I have all this fuel, why not throw some more air in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

Comment

That thing is sick! Does your valve cover breather just dump to the front of your engine bay then? Wouldn't that cause a low pressure?

Comment

In those pictures it did, it has since been routed to a catch can.
          m106 1990 e30
          e36 daily
          e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
            In those pictures it did, it has since been routed to a catch can.

Were you running the factory m106 intercooler with a fan attached to it? Why did you choose that over a front mount initially?

Comment

Installed rear louvers

Comment

Where'd you get the louvers and what brand are they? What's the going cost of those?
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

This is the only car I've seen pull off the m3 tail. The stance, meaty tires.. this is perfect. You win.
                  1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                    Where'd you get the louvers and what brand are they? What's the going cost of those?
                    classiceuroparts listed at 499, got $100 discount through PP. Very slow shipping ... waited for like a month

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
                    This is the only car I've seen pull off the m3 tail. The stance, meaty tires.. this is perfect. You win.

Comment

Thanks! How do you like the fit and finish?
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        Thanks! How do you like the fit and finish?
                        It fits alright. I personally like the glossy snakeskin finish it came with while others prefer the satin black finish

Comment

aww ok, thanks!
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

Set mine up for winter storage for the first time ever.

Changed the oil, topped the tank, lubed weatherstripping, put on the scrap tires, refreshed undercoating, put a reminder on the IC to change the brake fluid in future and disconnected the battery.

Will probably take it out again in April.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              Set mine up for winter storage for the first time ever.

Changed the oil, topped the tank, lubed weatherstripping, put on the scrap tires, refreshed undercoating, put a reminder on the IC to change the brake fluid in future and disconnected the battery.

Will probably take it out again in April.
                              That's awesome! What do you do if you don't have spare wheels? inflate them a lot?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                                That's awesome! What do you do if you don't have spare wheels? inflate them a lot?
                                something like these will prevent flatspotting - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZAEUYY/ref=emc_b_5_t
                                cars beep boop

Comment

Working...
                                X