Work Log: Rebirth of the Vert (Red Oktober)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • kishg
    replied
    Originally posted by Dragowl
    Aye...thanks for the info on the anti-lock light...I will check it out..

    Oh...and you can certainly be a member of the sub-club within the club...LOL
    hmmm sub-clubs now eh? :) how about the e30m3/e39 sub-club then? :pimp:

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffNJM3
    The abs light is most likely the relay, its a silver box under the dash on the driverside on the dash. Take it out and carefully take the cover off of the relay, you will find a small wire loose. Soder it back in place and you'll be back in business.

    Hey can i be in the e30/e39 Club? :) We could even have a e30vert/blue e39 wagon sub-club within the club!

    Aye...thanks for the info on the anti-lock light...I will check it out..

    Oh...and you can certainly be a member of the sub-club within the club...LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • JeffNJM3
    replied
    The abs light is most likely the relay, its a silver box under the dash on the driverside on the dash. Take it out and carefully take the cover off of the relay, you will find a small wire loose. Soder it back in place and you'll be back in business.

    Hey can i be in the e30/e39 Club? :) We could even have a e30vert/blue e39 wagon sub-club within the club!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Update:

    red LEDs soldered into the OBC lightbar


    Also fixed the odometer, as I shattered another gear, and while I had the dash apart, I thought I'd replace all the burnt bulbs, and what do we have here?


    Yup...the Anti-lock brake light is now lit...wonder what could be causing that....funny enough the vert is driving fairly well....


    I'm picking up the 5 speed tranny/shaft and other goodies this weekend...swap is closer than I think... :)

    edit- sorry for the crappy cell phone pics...

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by kishg
    hey ola.. when did you change your s/n? left you a vm. call me.
    Not by choice, my other one wouldn't let me log in and the admin was unresponsive...and I did get your VM...I'll call you tomorrow.

    Thanks bud!

    Leave a comment:


  • kishg
    replied
    hey ola.. when did you change your s/n? left you a vm. call me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by Atreus
    congrats man. i too have a cabrio that i want to fix up. how much did your hardtop run you? my rear window has two substantial tears in it, sucks...

    i just want a hardtop and a tranny swap. lol.
    My hardtop cost me $2200 including the car. :)...post pics of your car...I'm enjoying mine thus far, even though there's still more work to do...there is always work to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    congrats man. i too have a cabrio that i want to fix up. how much did your hardtop run you? my rear window has two substantial tears in it, sucks...

    i just want a hardtop and a tranny swap. lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Finished the tail lights....







    I think they came out pretty nice.

    Took some other pictures of the car:





    Next Mod:

    :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Freaking A!!!....Fixed the Central locking system and finished the alarm install!

    Its nice to have working door locks again.

    The Problem with the Central Locking system was the driver's side actuator. I went to my local yard and picked up another one and presto! I would recommend anyone that has a problem with their central locking to swap those out first, I would assume it wears out fast due to always being utilized.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by vlad
    this car came a long way ...

    very nice !

    Post some new pics !
    That I need to do...soon my friend...soon...HIDs in route...better lighting FTW!

    Leave a comment:


  • vlad
    replied
    this car came a long way ...

    very nice !

    Post some new pics !

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil
    nice! This build is r3v!

    Thanks bro...its incredible what 12 months makes in a car...finally got a "decent" looking exhaust tip on it...passed inspection, completed the alarm installation, just need to fix the freaking central locking.

    Oh...and it rides just a tad rough...maybe I'm spoiled by the e39 Touring..

    Leave a comment:


  • ZM Blue Devil
    replied
    nice! This build is r3v!

    Leave a comment:


  • Dragowl
    replied
    Update...so after finishing the oil pan gasket, I noticed that my tranny mounts were crap:







    Compared to new ones (Thanks again Levent!)


    Sunday trip and $20 netted this tail light and rear center console:




    The tail light was bought to do this with: :)







    I'm likely to do my tails as such....enjoy!

    I'll take better pics of the taillight tomorrow

    Leave a comment:

Working...