Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Shaheenem
    Awesome man! This is great!
    Originally posted by deathtomine
    congrats Danny!
    Thanks guys!

    Originally posted by SamE30e
    Nice. Does it pull a lot harder? What's the ass dyno say?
    It does for sure, my gut says maybe 140~150 at the wheels.

    Originally posted by wolfgangstbd
    very nice! def. the ultimate budget build
    wanna see dyno too
    Soon, once I have money.

    Originally posted by kamotors
    great job, i was going to do something like this but i ran out of money after megasquirt:)
    Go for it.

    Originally posted by Miasma
    Congrats dude. Feels good don't it?
    It really does.

    Leave a comment:


  • Miasma
    replied
    Congrats dude. Feels good don't it?

    Leave a comment:


  • kamotors
    replied
    great job, i was going to do something like this but i ran out of money after megasquirt:)

    Leave a comment:


  • wolfgangstbd
    replied
    very nice! def. the ultimate budget build
    wanna see dyno too

    Leave a comment:


  • SamE30e
    replied
    Nice. Does it pull a lot harder? What's the ass dyno say?

    Leave a comment:


  • deathtomine
    replied
    congrats Danny!

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaheenem
    replied
    Awesome man! This is great!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    IT RUNS AND DRIVES!

    Idling:



    Driving:



    I'm only boosting about 5-6 psi right now and thats all I can get out of the wastegate actuator as it sits, because its at a weird angle.

    But I think I'm in love.

    I have to say thanks a million to Nate, (e30nate), His brother Dan, Tim (wtfgerman) and Justin, (stanksbeamen) because they honestly did a hell of alot of work on this car, way more than I did.

    There are a fit issues such as hood fitment because of the routing of the oil feed line and I need to route a diverter valve and replace a few vacuum hoses, but that will all get done tomorrow.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30nub
    replied
    So is this going to be reliable? If it's relatively reliable, I'm down to do this next!

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    I wonder how much power he is going to get with that setup?! Danny says 175hp I want to see what a dyno says when this is completed. GL with your build.

    I wish I had the knowledge to do this to my 318. Still have lots of homework to do.

    Leave a comment:


  • alpinweib30
    replied
    looks good Danny. eager to see how it will hold up. whats the grand total since this is a "budget build"?

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    You might need to find some kind of silicone elbow to replace the stock rubber one at the TB, that thing is gonna explode under boost. Still, great work though!!! Congrats!!

    Leave a comment:


  • E30SPDFRK
    replied
    Look at that cute little thing!

    Leave a comment:


  • golde30
    replied
    scary....looks like a grenade with the pin pulled to me. however im a bit biased, i have had no luck with m42's.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jesse30
    replied
    wow thats awesome man. post some videos of it. m42 turbos are neat.

    Leave a comment:

Working...