Ultimate budget build.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danny
    replied
    I put on a new clamp and put a layer of electrical tape on the outside of the pipe, so it grabs a little better, no problems now.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    i knew you would have trouble with those pipes. you need some with beads around the edges. you can try getting some t-bolt clamps, they usually hold better

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Cool.

    I keep having trouble with the first charge pipe popping off that 90 deg silicone house.

    Bypass valve is holding up well though.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    danny, this has inspired me. we are going to do another turbo asap. i just need to get a job, but it is happening.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Haha, Thanks buddy ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • atomic
    replied
    Looking great Danny, watch out for deer now. They will have a faster closing rate!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    I'll get pictures for everybody once I dial in the oil lines and everything else, I'd hate to lead people astray.
    Last edited by Danny; 12-31-2008, 08:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • z50_Jumper
    replied
    Nice, I must say I wish I could build a budget turbo for my eta just to get a little extra out of it. Congrats.

    Leave a comment:


  • Shaheenem
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny
    Thats good to know, thanks buddy.

    Oh and if anyone wants pictures of anything for reference, lemme know and I'll take some.
    That would be great. Im doing something similar and could use all the help i can get.

    Any pics of the adapter on the manifold to lift the turbo, oil feed and return lines, BOV placement, and rrfpr connections.

    Once again, congrats Danny! And all this in such a short space of time.
    Last edited by Shaheenem; 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30nate
    replied
    this car definately doesnt pull like an m42 should, it pulls pretty hard for only being at 5-6 psi. theres still a little work to be done, but i dont think danny will have any problems with it, as long as he doesnt go too crazy with the boost. i must say though, it wasnt as easy as he was hoping for.

    i would say its putting down anywhere from 140-160 right now. it is definately faster than my 318, and mine dynoed at 128 whp.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Oh and Sam/Nando, we took your advice and tapped into the oil pan, so don't be worried about the drain.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Originally posted by E30_Pare
    I want to know! ^

    Kronus that was the first car to go during dyno day right? I think that was the only m42 there. I'm thinking Danny will be pulling somewhere from 140-180 at the crank.
    Yeah, it was.

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Thats good to know, thanks buddy.

    Oh and if anyone wants pictures of anything for reference, lemme know and I'll take some.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    I want to know! ^

    Kronus that was the first car to go during dyno day right? I think that was the only m42 there. I'm thinking Danny will be pulling somewhere from 140-180 at the crank.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    Damn. Not bad... for your reference, an M42 i saw dyno'd put down around 118 to the crank stock.

    Leave a comment:

Working...