X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loving every minute of this.
    sigpic
    New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
    %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Check the cap for wear on the inside, I know you made it clean and all but the other side matters more ;)

What's the PN on the hood foam you ordered?
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Japandrew73 View Post
        Also got the underhood foam. This will remain un-opened until the very end of the swap. I found it strange that when I ordered it, it has this square cut out in the middle. Why is that? The one I had on my car didn't have the square? Is that where the intake manifold is on the M20 or something and it's making space?
        Some late models came with an optional underhood light that mounted there.
        turk@gutenparts.com

Originally posted by Janderson
        Properly placed zip ties will hold bridges together.

Comment

similar foam to the one you ordered with the cut out.
          but no light :hitler:

-
          Project
          Parts for Sale
          Feedback
          YouTube Channel

Comment

I guess you have to put some rare, euro spec light into that hole. (Make sure to find the red one) ;)

Comment

Originally posted by BrewCity11 View Post
              Some late models came with an optional underhood light that mounted there.
              Are you sure about this? I've never seen one mounted there, and it isn't shown in the ETK.

Comment

Are you sure about this? I've never seen one mounted there, and it isn't shown in the ETK.
                And the search for the reason why a gap is there begins!

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerista View Post
                  And the search for the reason why a gap is there begins!
                  additional clearance for the vacuum line onto the intake mani?

Comment

Originally posted by raafhimself View Post
                    additional clearance for the vacuum line onto the intake mani?
                    Got the reason on e30tech

Originally posted by e30tech
                    The hole in the hood foam is for where the throttle linkages are on the m20.
                    This sounds the most logical to me.

Comment

Looking great

Comment

You should get hartge wheels. lulz

Comment

Got the reason on e30tech

This sounds the most logical to me.
                          close enough. what do i win?!!!??

Comment

$200 worth of a full upper gasket set, a full lower gasket set, and a new oil filter came today. I'm making sure every seal is replaced - much like Jean's engine, this one isn't going to leak. I left them in the package for now until I get to installing them.

I've also ordered the original TESA black cloth electrical tape that BMW uses. Nobody sells it except this guy in the UK who doesn't seem to want to ship to the US. So I had to ask my dealer about it and they don't have a specific part number for it, but it's what they used and still use for wiring harnesses and so the electrical workers in the mechanic shop are going to search for it. Kind of ridiculous...

Comment

Gonna save the HG, or resell it? I don't assume you plan on replacing it, but one never does know with you behind the helm.

Comment

Also, I found a very similar cloth electrical tape I referred someone to in another thread. I think I found it on eBay, and it was for Jean IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                                X