No announcement yet.

1990 325is oem+ Now turbo (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know the part number for the dust shield for the flanges?

Is it
    02 Dustcover plate 60X84X5 2 33131208006

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
      Do you know the part number for the dust shield for the flanges?

I know I'm not the OP....but 33 13 1 208 006 is the correct p/n for the dust shields. Unfortunately a bit spendy for some stamped metal.

Comment

Can’t remember the part number .. it sure is an easy find on realoem!

as MJ said , kind of pricey for what it is ..!

Comment

Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post
          Can’t remember the part number .. it sure is an easy find on realoem!

as MJ said , kind of pricey for what it is ..!
          It's very helpful to read topics like yours to find actual photos of parts and how to replace them using simple tools.

Comment

Engine rebuild going good . I am at a standpoint since the next step require the intake in place . But I don’t have any injector at the moment so I will wait to put back on the intake manifold . As you can see , the alternator didn’t receive any attention . I was not confident to take it apart .!
            Last edited by Iloveboost; 12-05-2020, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Little update , nothing much interesting but surely Some foward things! Take it apart the intake manifold I will need to modified the throttle body : -Built a block off plate for the coolant holes and the pcv tube -JB weld or real weld the elbow that are always loose on our TB -add another vaccum port for the vaccum distributor box I want to make. As every time , all this will be refresh ! I also start to pull the engine . Car on jack stand Pretty much is disconnected (electrical and mechanical) Maybe an hour of work Again and I will (try) to pull the engine off. First time for me , finger crossed haha !

Comment

Today I pull my first engine ever Everything has been pretty good. It is straightforward . Unconect things that is attached to the engine , then pull. Seriously , you don’t need spécial tool , except the engine hoist and engine leveler. Took me 5h hours from the time I stop the car in it’s place to the engine on the ground . I am happy , this is a big step for a man who never done this haha! Look what 30 years can do to an engine Now I have plenty of work ahead !

Comment

Today I start to cleaning parts I took off the old engine that I will need on the new ! Next, the dirty tranny -deep clean -fresh seal all around -fresh oil -fresh misc part

Comment

Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post
                    Engine rebuild going good . I am at a standpoint since the next step require the intake in place . But I don’t have any injector at the moment so I will wait to put back on the intake manifold .
                    If you're going standalone, TREperformance has Siemens Deka IV 60lb injectors for ~$270 shipped for a set of 6:
                    https://treperformance.com/i-2061903...jectors-6.html
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

If you're going standalone, TREperformance has Siemens Deka IV 60lb injectors for ~$270 shipped for a set of 6:
                      https://treperformance.com/i-2061903...jectors-6.html
                      I definitely go standalone !
                      already have in hand megasquirt pnp 2!

thanks for the input for the injector , but I already baught a set of Deka 60’ from ZZPerformance ( gm performance website) for 249$ For 6 !
                      pretty good deal too !

Comment

Damn, I shoulda shopped around more to save that extra $10.

Keep up the good work, I love the build!
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                          Damn, I shoulda shopped around more to save that extra $10. Keep up the good work, I love the build!
                          I already receive it , took less than a week. I am very pleased with the ZZPerformance website ! At first I was scared of buying fake one , but after further look and search they are genuine so , good deal from them !

Comment

Little update for today ! I receive the new part for the ignition système -Bpr7es spark plug -bremi distributor cap -bosch rotor -bbt spark plus wire - the 2 coolant sensor I don’t wait any second and install them on the engine , and install to , temporary , the manifold and the turbo So good looking but .. I got an issue with the turbo and the spark plug wire . They touch the turbo housing and blanket + they will be very close to the downpipe .. At first I taught I can modify the manifold . To see how much I can play with it , I install the engine on the engine bay Then I realize i have 0 space to modify the manifold . It is close to the frame rail and will be at 1/2“ from the hood .. So , at the moment I’m working on a solution to push the spark plug wire toward the intake manifold . To be continued .. About the throttle body . I have delete the coolant pass in the throttle . For those who ever think about how the coolant pass in the TB . In fact , it doesn’t pass inside the TB , the coolant only touch it via little Chanel . I also remove the pcv return and weld the hole . Since I will run an catch can , I no longer need this port. I also make an block off Plate for the coolant pass . I also add a second port for extra vacuum source . Then the IAC elbow and the 2 vacuum elbow were loose and it is impossible to weld it to throttle since it’s not compatible . So I « cold weld » it with permatex stuff. Way way better than JB weld . To make it strong AF , I « cold weld » it in 2 step , first step was before push them into place , and second step was at the outside to make an « sandwich » with the glue . It is so strong . The only concern I have will be the longevity since the aluminium could expand/retract with all the heat .. time will tell ..! Little coat of paint to make look fresh Next will be the tranny cleaning ..!

Comment

Looks really good! Enjoy following your project.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaede View Post
                                Looks really good! Enjoy following your project.
                                Thanks ! I keep posting because I know there are peolple who like my build without commenting . Things have advance a little bit . Nothing big for an update but everything is so time consuming !... Finished to wash the tranny I wanted a better result but , I have give enough time to this transmission , it’s way better than before anyway ! All the seal were do 2 years ago so , except an oil change , no more work on it ! I also work on the engine bay . -remove the abs pump and line (will redo the brake line ) -remove all unnecessary braket -start to clean before the body work

Comment

Working...
                                X