No announcement yet.

Project #26 MR2MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I wanted it to be the wagon, it has yet to haul the baby anywhere...
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Congratulations on the baby , Simon.

My first kid came home in the 911, now there are 3 car seats in there ! And 3 in the Scout.

I highly recommend getting your baby into your cars. It’s a great bonding experience , at least it was for me.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Congrats on the kiddo Simon! You've got some brass balls heading out for a canyon run so soon after coming home, good for you.
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          Congratulations on the baby , Simon.

My first kid came home in the 911, now there are 3 car seats in there ! And 3 in the Scout.

I highly recommend getting your baby into your cars. It’s a great bonding experience , at least it was for me.
          3baby seats in the 911!?!?... I need to see this
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

I've been meaning to ask but didn't want to distract from this thread Simon. If you had a choice between a Z3, Z4, or Porsche Boxster....keeping budget and maintenance in mind, which would you pick? Always been a fan of the styling in the Z3M but those subframe talks have always spooked me out. Leaning towards the Z4 although pricing on those are all over the map. What year and model would you pick? I know very little about the Boxster.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
              I've been meaning to ask but didn't want to distract from this thread Simon. If you had a choice between a Z3, Z4, or Porsche Boxster....keeping budget and maintenance in mind, which would you pick? Always been a fan of the styling in the Z3M but those subframe talks have always spooked me out. Leaning towards the Z4 although pricing on those are all over the map. What year and model would you pick? I know very little about the Boxster.
              I prefer non-M stuff because of the ///M tax, so I’d want a M54B30 Z3, and a N52B30 Z4. Boxsters are all over the place in terms of model variances, not to mention the Porsche tax also... haha can you tell I’m cheap? I think if I were in your shoes I’d nail down a budget, followed by the “must haves” and start looking. With that narrowed down you’d need to drive them and you’ll know which one gives you the joy. There’s also a good resource called “Z3 buyers guide” page and they have good historical data.

There’s also a huge fundamental difference between the cars being front engine RWD and the mid engine RWD car in both packaging, and feel. You’ll definitely get more bang for the buck on the BMW versus the Porsche

When you buy one, make sure you start a thread lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                I prefer non-M stuff because of the ///M tax, so I’d want a M54B30 Z3, and a N52B30 Z4.
                That's always been my thinking; the s52 z3m (~240hp) is really expensive when compared to an m54b30 z3 (~220hp) for pretty close to the same performance. Obviously an s54 z3m (~333hp) is way faster, but insanely more expensive.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

M tax.

Comment

Let’s call it done...

Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Let’s call it done...
                      Looks fantastic! (You know you're going to do something else to it)
                      sigpic
                      1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                      1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                      1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Let’s call it done...
                        Where's the for sale listing?

Comment

It's almost sad that it's done, but we also look forward to whatever the next project might be.

Comment

Honestly this car is fantastic. 2200lbs being pushed by a 180bhp Yamaha motor and 6gears. It’s biggest downfall is that CA smog is a nightmare. I made a few mistakes in building the swap that could’ve helped me make it CA legal but even then they always make it a pain even when you try to do things the right way.

Fun sub-plot, I still have a few pieces to do a k-swap. As for now, it’s just time to enjoy driving it... whenever I get the chance.
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

let me know when you "get another chance" and i'll see if i can squeeze in some time out too.
                              sigpic

Comment

You looked so glum in the first part of your recent video. Just think, now you can move on to another project to struggle through, but not because you're stupid, but because you are a car enthusiast, and that's what we do.

Also, get yourself some no hole hook and loop sanding pads for something like a DA sander, they're the best for detail hand sanding like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X