Project #26 MR2MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

The ad was definitely a silver bumper. Seller claimed he had it but sold it... just failed to mention the other one he had was a totally different color. I think the Harlequin is a funny idea, but the plan (obviously) is to paint is Silver ASAP
    At the very least some fangs would be nice, even if they are vinyl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	9971287

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

At the very least some fangs would be nice, even if they are vinyl.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	9971287
      I think the Silver paint leads itself better to the tried and true shark mouth
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Made another quick video, kinda like it. Quick 5 minutes

Im up to 41... 959 to go before yellow fangs
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

I really like the intro to the video. Nice work.

Comment

42! What track is that? Seem like they have the options to make a bunch of different layouts.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
              42! What track is that? Seem like they have the options to make a bunch of different layouts.
              Its the Streets of Willow course, circumcised so you dont get the whole tip lol
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

My recent search for a front fender liner turned up an actual rear fender/ quarterpanel in a confirmed correct color (no more yellow parts here!!) Rather than missing out again, I made the journey to Fresno (~200+ miles each way)

E46 Wagon easily hauling the parts (picked up some more parts for another member)

The panel wasn’t perfect but quite an improvement over the old. It was pretty easy to swap over, and the trickiest part was already decided for me as the panel had the 3 rivets drilled out already so I drilled mine out too.

Previous pics

Point of no return!

And Done!... sort of. I still need to put the hardtop back on

Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

I don't know, that panel looks pretty perfect to me. Scratch by the filler cap or something?

So nice that the quarters are just replacable, I kind of wish more cars were like that.

Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I was wondering if you were going to take care of the rear quarter. I was assuming that was pretty big job, but I had no idea they just unbolt and bolt on for the most part. Great parts score!

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      I don't know, that panel looks pretty perfect to me. Scratch by the filler cap or something?

So nice that the quarters are just replaceable, I kind of wish more cars were like that.
                      Theres 2 scratches by the filler, hoping they can get polished out and theres a few minor dings here and there, but yea the panel is a HUGE improvement

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
                      I was wondering if you were going to take care of the rear quarter. I was assuming that was pretty big job, but I had no idea they just unbolt and bolt on for the most part. Great parts score!
                      I actually had a few chances to grab replacement ones, and I lagged so instead of driving an hour or two I had to drive something like 3 hours each way. It was one major reason I wanted to get the CAB sorted out on the Wagon. I picked up a few extra parts for other SpyderChat members who pitched in on the fuel so it was just a few hours away from my wife.

Next is the bumper...
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

That's an awesome score!
                        Wish more cars were like that.

Comment

Nice revival and use of your Mr.2

I love seeing just good simple basic cars. What the world needs more of!

The intake being behind your left ear right out side the window looks quite enjoyable.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                          @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Progress has slowed down mainly because my baby was born on the 15th. I managed to get some more of the cosmetic work done, went on a canyon run this last weekend and today, I picked up the pièce de résistance.

First, after much sanding and some creative plastic welding I primered the front bumper.

First thing I wanted to plastic-weld up was one of the front plate holes. This was the particularly annoying one that was much easier to weld up as it’s just been screwed directly throw the bumper. The lower two actually have deep threads

Here is the plastic nub poking through

Melted...

...and sanded

Melted it on the inside too so it can’t be poked through

Cracked corner, this was hot glued in the inside...

Hot Glue removed and plastic melted in to hold it together. Ugly but it works

And finally, some before and after paint shots.

My baby was born the next day, so it sat for a while and when the opportunity presented itself I snuck out one Saturday morning to go on a canyon run. My brother picked up the 987.2 Boxster S and joined us. Was great having the group all together. He’s still learning the car so he wasn’t too psyched about me pushing him lol

and finally... I ordered this the day after I won the auction on the car (5/28/20), it didn’t arrive until December and after some registration headaches,it’s now mine and registered to the car.

Hoping I can sneak out to the garage again at times over the next few days and finish painting the front bumper... stay tuned
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Congrats! Hope mom and baby are doing well. Put that dad wagon to work.

Comment

Good to see any update, glad you got some time to play.

So, important question, what car did the kiddo come home in? Basically, I've always been a little jealous of that bit of personal trivia since my parental units were crypto-hippies and elected to deliver me at home.

Having no kids of my own I can only pass on two interesting ones, my older brother came home in a 1979 Peugeot 504 diesel with a manual, and my nephew came home in a 1999 318ti M-Sport with an S52 swap.

Comment

Working...
                                X