Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New E30 owner, saved from a crack house. $50!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E30 owner, saved from a crack house. $50!!!

Just bought (saved) an 89 325i from a squatter/drug house. Got a key and a title, all I know is it has been sitting for about 16 years or so. Hope to fix it and give it a new life. Just joined here and wanted to say hello!

A little view of what the yard looked like, inside the house was just as bad. Broken crack pipes and what not. Lucky with how the condition of the car is considering everything else.....

I’m rebuilding an E30 I saved from a crack house. Follow along on my Instagram and give me some motivation and tips!

Instagram: @E30tweak

Damn, that car's had some bad luck, but congrats on it! Looks like a great project!
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

nice work. i look forward to seeing it get put back on the road.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Catchy thread title. First post did not disappoint!

Looking forward to frequent updates and what you find in the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
          Catchy thread title. First post did not disappoint!

Looking forward to frequent updates and what you find in the interior.
          The interior wasn’t too bad. Smells like gas due to fuel tank being open, bunch of random small crap and a big model pirate ship haha. So far this is my to-do list:

New fuel pump and sending unit (it’s missing).
          Clean fuel tank
          Oil cylinders
          Oil change
          Spark plugs?
          Timing Belt
          Water Pump
          New coolant
          New Battery (also missing)

Im not familiar with BMWs at all. I was just living in Germany for two years and came back to the states, and wanted to get a project. Originally I wanted to get a Porsche 944, but this deal fell into my lap so here I am.

I’m rebuilding an E30 I saved from a crack house. Follow along on my Instagram and give me some motivation and tips!

Comment

E30 > 944 Can't wait to see brought back to life!

Always fun reviving them, the list never ends.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Nice! I love projects like this.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

All I have done is have the car towed the house I’m currently staying at. Unfortunately there isn’t a garage or good driveway to work on it. So that will add to the challenge lol. Also it dumped snow so here is how it’s currently sitting.

Comment

I suppose the dash isn't crack free...

Comment

Good luck on bringing to life....
                    Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

That's the best deal ever!! Looking forward to seeing more.
                      sigpic84 325e

Comment

I am surprised that no one has made you an offer yet. E30s are getting hard to find outside of CA.

Comment

Hopefully they didn’t have a soup kitchen in your car

Comment

Originally posted by dnguyen1963 View Post
                            I am surprised that no one has made you an offer yet. E30s are getting hard to find outside of CA.
                            I have gotten PMs already lol. I like to at least try to get it running. I’d prefer to keep it I think, it’s nice to have a project with little investment.

My last car was a mint (except hood clear coat) stock ‘95 240sx (s14) Had it for 13 years and only did small things, nothing major. I didn’t really want to mess with it’s “stockness” as it was and still is getting harder and harder to find in that condition. I ended up selling the car when I moved to Germany for more than I paid for it, so that’s good. But going forward I wanted a cheap project.

it’s kinda like when you get new skis/snowboard. You are scared to do certain things because you don’t want to mess them up. So when you put on your old torn up ones you feel more freedom to go off piste, jumps, rocks, whatever. It’s more fun.

Comment

I love stories and projects like this. Excellent find!
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                              X