No announcement yet.

Official Sportbike/Crotchrocket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with your last sentence. Thats the only reason I agree to pick one up. Wicked. Cheap.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

I've always been really fond of the YZF600R (thundercat).

Here are shitty photos of my roommate's crash :( turns out the girl doesn't have insurance either

Comment

Sucks! So neither of them had insurance?

Comment

She should sleep with him as compensation. Nothing like angry "you owe me" sex.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
          Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

He had liability only, she had NO insurance.

He's ok, just had surgery on his wrist and is in general battered up, but he was wearing gear, so luckily no skin grafts or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              He had liability only, she had NO insurance.

He's ok, just had surgery on his wrist and is in general battered up, but he was wearing gear, so luckily no skin grafts or anything.
              Sorry to hear. Glad he was wearing gear. Proper gear has saved me about 3 skin grafts over the years.

And I agree--the Thundercat is an under-rated bike. Comfy, capable, dependable. Like a blue F3.

Comment

A few more pics

He's out of town for now, but he had his bike towed back to our garage. Here it is next to my rust bucket o' death:

The forks may need a bit of work

What's left of the front

The levers appeared fine at first, but unless they're pre-bent I think they may need replacing. Either way I'm surprised how well they held up.

Radiator seems intact and so do all the coolant hoses, etc... so everything aft of the radiator looks good. It will probably start up fine.

The ballasts made it, but it may need some work before the HIDs work again

Steering lock isn't very effective any more...

Overall I think it's more reparable than we thought. It may very well never ride the same though.

Comment

Just bought a 1987 Kawasaki Ninja for $500! Will have pics of it soon!
                  '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                  '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                  '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Awesome buy!
                    i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by Restoman View Post
                      Awesome buy!
                      Only has 15,000 miles on it, which is great for an '87. It also has pretty good tread on the tires, and tabs good until Oct! Needs some minor work, but for $500, couldn't go wrong!

Comment

Mine is an '02 with 18k so yea you did good. DO you know what work it needs?

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                          Mine is an '02 with 18k so yea you did good. DO you know what work it needs?
                          I'll be replacing the fairings, and it most likely just need the fuel lines either cleaned out, or just new ones. It will fire up for a brief second, then shut back down, so we figure try cleaning the fuel lines, if that doesnt work, replace them

Comment

Ooooh didn't know this thread was around, I ride an 09 GSXR750 with the pearl white/white body off the '09 600 I had special installed from the dealer. I started on a 600 but stepped up to the 750 for the poser style putzing around town. The bottom end has that tiny bit more grunt to make life a little easier. If I could do it again, I'd make the switch to a motard, I can ride to nowhere near the potential of this monster and never will. Not to mention it's hideously uncomfortable for me at 6'3" with scoliosis. Only picture I've got of it

Mod wise its basically stock
                            - Cat-hacked with a Micron GP slip-on
                            - Set-valve eliminated
                            - 02 eliminated
                            - PCV
                            - Pilot Power 2CT's after my stock rubber choked on a rather large nail at 1,000km
                            - 4500k HID in lowbeam, Silverstar Highs
                            - Ricerific red rim tape. Not really digging it, probably coming off soon

Most of my "mods" were buying quality gear, Arai lid, A* SMX-Plus boots, A* RC-1 jacket, gauntlet gloves. I cant afford pants right now though, or trackdays. The bikes been rather neglected lately since I bought the e30.
                            1990 332i, 4 door
                            2008 KTM 990 Superduke
                            2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
                            2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
                            2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by Varinn View Post
                              If I could do it again, I'd make the switch to a motard, I can ride to nowhere near the potential of this monster and never will.
                              My current ride.

I think it is too focused and is preventing me from riding more than I do. 50 miles per tank gets ridiculous. I'd like to get my hands on one of the following: Triumph Speed Triple, Ducati Monster 900, or BMW K100S.

Comment

Originally posted by Beastolizer View Post
                                I'll be replacing the fairings, and it most likely just need the fuel lines either cleaned out, or just new ones. It will fire up for a brief second, then shut back down, so we figure try cleaning the fuel lines, if that doesnt work, replace them
                                Well Ninjas are very cold blooded. Keep at it for like 5 mins. Eventually it should stay running. Mine takes a few starts to get going. All my ninjas have been this way.

Comment

Working...
                                X