Official Sportbike/Crotchrocket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 808BMW View Post

This is a wr250x. If it isn't "fast" enough, that just means you're doing it wrong.

I don't know if I'd give up my zx6r for a ninja 250, but I would LOVE to ride a 250 through the twisties with my friends. What's better than murdering 5 guys on 1000's with a 600? Murdering 5 guys on 1000's with a 250.
    Yeah definitely wont see any of those around here! I think within my group of friends I could probably smoke all but one of them with an 08 Ninja 250 through our favorite local twisties. Thats in a group of 3 CBR 600s, two gixxer 750s and a ZX10r (he's the other good rider)...
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Speaking of fast, there's nothing like hauling through the woods on a steel framed honda:

(not mine, but it looked just like that)

I learned to ride on a set of hondas - a little 50cc, then an 75, then the 185, once I fit it.
      It sat for so long the needles froze shut, and shot across the room when we blasted them out with compressed air. We got so excited when we got it to start, that we forgot to clean the idle jet, so when you close the throttle it shuts off. Magneto ignition + kick start FTW.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
      Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW View Post

This is a wr250x. If it isn't "fast" enough, that just means you're doing it wrong.

I don't know if I'd give up my zx6r for a ninja 250, but I would LOVE to ride a 250 through the twisties with my friends. What's better than murdering 5 guys on 1000's with a 600? Murdering 5 guys on 1000's with a 250.
        Yea except then you feel like your small shit when you get blown away by guys who know howto ride a 1000.
        Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Nobody who knows how to ride a 1000 would live on an island :P

I swear everyone around here is a pro rider because "Dude, I hit 180, I can ride my bike". Then they all say "But I'm not too good on turns".

Funny thing, when I ask if any of them can slow down from 100+, not 1 person has ever practiced braking at that speed.

Comment

Except Isle of Mann.

But I know what you mean. Its true. Im just busting your balls. People say how they want to upgrade from a 6 to a litre because a 6 is too slow for them now. Or it just they need to step up their riding.

Comment

Touche, you got me there. I swear I watch at least 1 Isle of Mann video daily.

I'll whore my hid pics here, because all the ho's love my hids :P

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                Except Isle of Mann.

But I know what you mean. Its true. Im just busting your balls. People say how they want to upgrade from a 6 to a litre because a 6 is too slow for them now. Or it just they need to step up their riding.
                I have a friend like that, he wants to upgrade his Gsxr 750 because he says its too slow, he wants a new R1.. He's also the biggest waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles alive, probably never seen 75mph, and he's terrified of twisty roads...

He also seems to think his bike retailed for $18,000 and was built to compete with the liter bikes I hate talking about bikes with him..

Comment

Sounds like a squid.

Comment

Sounds like a squid.
                    Giant Squid. His tires are as a flat as table right down the middle, the little nipples are still on the side about 3.5 inches from the edge
                    Last edited by Ryan...; 04-29-2010, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Ah those are some Roy Rogers Chicken Strips!

Comment

Ah those are some Roy Rogers Chicken Strips!
                        haha yeah, he tries to pass it off as "I did a huge burnout..."
                        Really? I'd love to see your 2wd burnout! Cause that front tire must have been roasting!

Comment

Dude Im gonna be in Beaver Dam monday. How far is that from Chilton. Just wondering.

Comment

my 1st (not ridden, but owned)

98 GSXR6

and my current beast and probably a bike ill keep in the stable for awhile till i can add a Ducati 1000 supersport my 99 TL1000R:

Comment

Dude Im gonna be in Beaver Dam monday. How far is that from Chilton. Just wondering.
                              Its about 1.5 hours south of chilton, why you gonna be there?

Comment

What is a good looking beginner bike that I could get for about $1,500-$2,000?

I've been saving for a bit now, and should have the money by the end of summer to buy a bike in that range.

Thoughts?
                                '91 Brilliantrot 318iS - Sold
                                '95 e34 s50 Touring - P/O
                                '87 Alpine White 325iS - Current

Comment

Working...
                                X