Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tim88325is
    replied
    I just sold a 2004 CRF250R (dirt only) and picked up a 2011 Husqvarna TE301 dual purpose that seems amazing so far. Actually, looking at the shop manual, this era of the Husqvarna company was owned by BMW!!

A big off-road riding area in PA is only open to licensed bikes so I made the switch.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    [ATTACH]116655[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]116656[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• kickinindian
    replied
    im thinking about picking up a KLR 650 for commuting/weekend trip stuff anyone had any experience with them?

Leave a comment:

• zcenterb
    replied
    My dad had an old Ascot, never got a chance to ride it before he traded it for a Harley.

I just redid the beamers whole front end with the later style brembo forks, resealed and all, with a boxer metal top triple and loads of other goodies. She's finally back on the road. I have not had the heart to strip her into a cafe just yet, she's been too much fun in stock form. I did get the boxer metal rear sets though that I'm excited for. Probably will be a winter project.

PICTURES!

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    ^
    I never really liked the design or performance of the Ascot when I was younger, but as I've aged it has really begun to appeal to me. Considering that the one I'd be after is only tires/indicators/fluids/basic service away from riding makes it even more appealing.

Leave a comment:

• Massive Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    ... have been considering buying a VT500 that's been sitting in my Dad's shed for a long time...
    My son has a Honda CBR1100XX as well as this red Ascot. He actually loves the Ascot more than his other 160hp rocket. The VT500 Ascot is a fun bike. Not much power though and pretty small tank. But it is a nice bike.

Leave a comment:

• bikerbill2021
    replied
    So I've been taking a step back on flipping bikes to focus on my personal machines, plus I'm planning on moving here in the next few months, so everything motorcycle related has been more or less put on the back burner for now, except for riding that is!

Took a trip up to one of my all time favorite spots last weekend, The Cinders in Flagstaff AZ. Some of you AZ natives will know how killer this area is to ride, place has a ton of history, NASA even used this place as a test site for the moon landings.

I went for memorial day too, but I got sick on the way up and was deathly ill most of the trip, like throwing up in the dirt ill, it was terrible, I pushed myself to ride a bit that time, but I was so exhausted I couldn't do much. Finally got to make up for it this past weekend, and as always had a killer time exploring and riding, crazy this time as there was no one up there, I usually go on holiday weekends and theres tons of people, which is good and bad, but the place was more or less empty.

Mainly stuck to riding my WR, banshee made it up one hill and fouled the plugs lol, I have similar jetting and mods as my buddies banshee and he has no issues, and when pulling the plugs I noticed they were incorrectly gapped and not the correct plug, so that sat back at camp most of the time, wasnt too bummed as the WR is my main ride, banshee is just an extra toy that will soon be on the chopping block for a strip and build.

Anyways, some pics!

Camp all set up, first night was on my own, second night friends showed up. The truck tent is pretty neat, but hoping to upgrade here soon to something easier to take up/down, this takes me a bit over an hour to build and break down, plus it ties the truck down so I cant move it. I'm looking to simplify, either some kind of pop up, van, something, not sure

View looking out past the cinders and into the expanse of AZ

And the view behind that last pic, on top of "Double Crater", with the other side of that bowl being the infamous "$100 Hill"

This is the on the cusp of "Double crater", that last pic was taken way up on top of the highest point on the other side of the bowl. The crazy thing is how the landscape tends to plateau up here, you'll climb one huge hill to hit one plateau, and then climb another to hit another plateau, and so on and so forth until you either cant go up any higher or your machine can't make it, all with amazing views along the way.

Looking down into the bowl, last time on memorial day, a side by side had tried to go up that other hill at night, which usually only bikes with paddles or high powered rails can make it up, and rolled it back down, resulting in all the passengers to be air lifted out. The side by side sat in the bowl for some time before they removed it, and its not the first time that has happened either...

And one last shot of the Volcano that caused all this around 1000 years ago, that big hill on the right is Sunset Crater, sadly roped off as its a nature preserve, crazy to think and be close to something like that, all that raw power that formed the landscape around where we rode, its awesome!

Until next time

Leave a comment:

• FireFight
    replied

This is my 1981 CB650c, it's my first bike, done a decent amount of work on it, still needs more but it's a good bike.

I'm getting a 82 ironhead from a coworker soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TroyShark
    replied
    Originally posted by e30 gangsta View Post
    :o:o:o:o That's beautiful

Leave a comment:

• TheTacoMan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• geoffp
    replied
    Got my double seat back from the re-upholstery shop

Honda Dream double seat reupholstered by Maven Customs by Geoff Potter, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Actually, I changing direction for the gas tank on the FZ600.

I used up $23 of Evaporust already but didn't get it perfectly clean, the more modern tanks have so many baffles and surfaces...

I filled the tank with Pinesol to break down the varnished gas/gunk and then I will fill with white vinegar (cheap) to attack the rust. I will probably let both sit for 3-4 days to let them work.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by tim88325is View Post
    Roguetoaster, you probably know this stuff but...

Your original paint looks like nice so I would recommend Evaporust, most Tractor Supply Stores usually have a gallon in stock. It really does work, won't harm paint, and is non-toxic.

The petcock probably has a diaphragm and may not flow even switched to "on" unless vacuum is applied.

Well, I have a replacement gas tank cap showing up today for the FZ, hopefully mine fits.
    Good thoughts there, I certainly didn't think of tank petcock having a diaphragm. I suppose I could of looked at the factory manual, but who has time to actually find a solution for a problem rather than moaning about it.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Parts are mostly available, but of course annoyingly pricey.
    That's my least favorite part about motorcycles. I go to buy a replacement part and because of smaller sales volume it is of course twice the price of the equivalent part for my car.

Leave a comment:

• tim88325is
    replied
    Cool Dream!

I sold my father's CB77 305 Superhawk that he owned since 1969 about a year ago, it was an original survivor with fairly high miles but decent shape.

It would have been nice to keep but I barely ever rode it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X