No announcement yet.

The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its been a tiny bit slow, works been taking a lot out of me as of late so I havent had a ton of time/energy to throw at the ever increasing collection of bikes here, but alas, I continue to plug away!

The RD350 is off to its new home, owner told me he had several other smokers as well, along the lines of an RD400 daytona, RZ350 etc, pretty much every bike I want lol.

The r75/6 is nearing completion, been riding it around the "test track" at work, lots of fun, and sounds great. Had a scary situation with it tho, went to go fire it up, and forgot I hadn't adjusted the throttle cables, resulting in it basically reving up extremely high and trying to take off on me, very scary stuff

So little things left to do, gotta make up a seat for it, some fenders, get the gauge mounted etc, but it will soon be up for sale as well, although I'd really love to keep the damn thing, as my buddy just picked up a brand new R-nine-T, incredible bike, very fun and def has that similar air head "feel" that you get with an older bike like the /6

Here she is with my buddy's CM400, love his bike, hand polished tank that took him 4 agonizing days to finish, all the while with me saying "I told you so" when it comes to polishing, fuck polishing, too much work for me

Here she is with the Repsol's garage mate

Also, been working on some customer bikes too, co-workers son brought me his 07 Triumph Daytona 675 that he sadly ran off the road into a wash. Hes ok aside from some rash, and the bike actually isnt in too bad of shape, threw a new stator cover on it and had to hot wire the starter relay, but was able to ride it around, and seems to run and ride just fine. Awaiting on him to see what he wants to do about the other issues i.e cosmetics etc

Also did an oil change to this big boy, quite heavy and hard to turn which is to be expected, but incredibly fast, too much bike for me, I'm quite happy with my CBR

Will update with the /6 once I finish it, then its onto the big Yami i.e the 79xs750, and the lil Honda CL350, along with w/e else I dig up on craigslist

Comment

Not the best pic, but I'm excited to be finished with it! 1983 KX60 with a fresh top end! Its been sitting for 15 years.

FS NY: two Audiobahn A235HC amps and audiobahn 1farad capacitor
      Saab/GM tech2 programming
      My for sale thread
      1990 325iX for sale or part out
      Did you buy something from me? Please leave feedback!

Originally posted by K20RI_211
      And I have to ask if you make a hobby out of thread-bombing with retarded questions?

Comment

Monday I sold my bike that I had had for 11 years :'(
        Bought my 2003 R6 with 7300miles, sold it with 35,5xx miles.

dude that bought it and on the trailer

on their trailer :(
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Did some spring cleaning yesterday..

Comment

[QUOTE=TeXJ;4618526]Monday I sold my bike that I had had for 11 years :
            Originally posted by coldweatherblue View Post

You saw her in her legal age and before she wen't in to retirement. Do you have another one to instantly satisfy the fix?

Did some spring cleaning yesterday..

Sir... that is clean. What year?

Comment

[QUOTE=Dozyproductions;4618768]
              Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              Monday I sold my bike that I had had for 11 years :

Mine is a 2003
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyye.

Purchase:

Go for a long ride to make sure nothing's broken:

Swap handlebars/grips/mirrors:

Anddddddd enjoy some more:

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                  Thanks, it's a 1977. Had it since 1999.

Comment

So they guy that bought my 03 R6 last Monday texted me saying that it is now shutting off when it stops. It will start right back up but then die again when he stops again. I put a PowerCommander 3 on it like 2 years ago. It only would die on me when I would first leave the house and it would do it once, after that it wouldn't do it. I think it was the tune that is on it. But it never did this to me like he is saying. Not sure what could be wrong with it. He said he put gas in it, premium. So I dont know if it is the gas he got or the tune on the Power Commander.

any other ideas?

03 r6 with 35k miles
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

So they guy that bought my 03 R6 last Monday texted me saying that it is now shutting off when it stops. It will start right back up but then die again when he stops again. I put a PowerCommander 3 on it like 2 years ago. It only would die on me when I would first leave the house and it would do it once, after that it wouldn't do it. I think it was the tune that is on it. But it never did this to me like he is saying. Not sure what could be wrong with it. He said he put gas in it, premium. So I dont know if it is the gas he got or the tune on the Power Commander.

any other ideas?

03 r6 with 35k miles
                      Who cares? Sold as is?

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Originally posted by Fraser View Post
                        Who cares? Sold as is?
                        yeah, sold with no warranties. I just feel bad that I've had zero issues with it. I kind of think it's something he's doing. I noticed that when he did the test ride, I had cash in hand, that he didn't seem too comfortable on it.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

yeah, sold with no warranties. I just feel bad that I've had zero issues with it. I kind of think it's something he's doing. I noticed that when he did the test ride, I had cash in hand, that he didn't seem too comfortable on it.
                          There was a recall on faulty denso coils? on 2003 r6's. Got mine replaced for free at a "Ride Now Motorsports" dealer/shop. If they were never replaced, that could be it, signs show up around 10,000-25,000 miles. Worth a shot? Any reputable shop could check to see if it was done with the vin I think. I bet they were already replaced but he should take it to a shop if he doesn't know what he's doing.

Abby - I'm jelly.

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                          <<lots of bike projects>>
                          Have I said it before? You seem to be overflowing with bikes, please loan one to me until I get another, plzkthx.

RnineT is the bike I'd buy if I had the money.
                          Last edited by DEV0 E30; 04-21-2016, 12:52 PM.
                          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                            There was a recall on faulty denso coils? on 2003 r6's. Got mine replaced for free at a "Ride Now Motorsports" dealer/shop. If they were never replaced, that could be it, signs show up around 10,000-25,000 miles. Worth a shot? Any reputable shop could check to see if it was done with the vin I think. I bet they were already replaced but he should take it to a shop if he doesn't know what he's doing.
                            That might be it then. I know I never had it done. I did get the bike in 2005. He'll have to check to see if that recall was after that or not.
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

The guy told me the idle fuel setting was low, he upped the idle and no more issues.

On another note, I found a DRZ. What are ya'lls thoughts on this?
                              2006 drz400
                              5k easy miles
                              Clean Texas title
                              Takegawa 440 big bore kit
                              Black excel rims
                              Yoshimura exhaust system
                              Like new tires front and back
                              Excel grips
                              HID front headlight

3500 OBO.

Subframe and Frame were tweaked by previous owner so has 2001 clean frame and subframe

He said it is titled as an 2001, but he only has had it maybe like 3 months. That BBK I can't find any info on that one. He also said that the previous owner did the install of the BBK. I'm thinking he may just be trying to flip it. Not sure of a good price for it?
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

That rd350 is clean af. I'm jealous. In other news I picked up an xs1100. Cant wait to rip into this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X