This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AWDBOB
    replied
    Broken Top/Three Sisters/No Name Lake

    IMG_4537 by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • SelinaS19
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12
    Photo dump from two hikes in Yellowstone. Both trailheads start from the same parking lot and can be done in a loop with a tail (think "Q" shape). I have been recovering from a torn MCL so I didn't think I could do it one go which was the right choice as each hike burnt me out. I did the short but steep Bunsen Peak one trip and then on the 4th did the long but flat (except steep last mile) hike to Osprey Falls. Living close has its advantages.











    Great shot. I'd love to share some of my photos but I broke my hard drive and I haven't recovered my files yet.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    Photo dump from two hikes in Yellowstone. Both trailheads start from the same parking lot and can be done in a loop with a tail (think "Q" shape). I have been recovering from a torn MCL so I didn't think I could do it one go which was the right choice as each hike burnt me out. I did the short but steep Bunsen Peak one trip and then on the 4th did the long but flat (except steep last mile) hike to Osprey Falls. Living close has its advantages.











    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Sony 200-600 finally announced. Time to become a broke boy.

    Leave a comment:


  • laidback93
    replied
    Wow. Never knew you could make Jupiter visible from a camera here on Earth.

    Very cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    I decided to go for the longest distance shot I've ever done... 365 million miles with only a 500mm lens. Jupiter, last night from my front lawn.


    A little closer to earth, last nights full moon.


    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • coldweatherblue
    replied


    trying to make the best of mid-day light on an Easter hike.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    out and about today now that the snow is coming off some and have a few hours to spare before heading out for work...

    IMG_1867 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    IMG_1877 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Green Jay in the Bush
    _SRC1270 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Pollen on pool in rain.


    [IMG]7EE97FB6-9C20-4CC1-8329-6F114E16ADC6 by [/IMG]

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    _DSC2933 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _DSC2866 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _DSC2851 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Too bad Olympus wants to pump you m43 users dry.

    I like my olympus film camera though, plan on picking up more of them.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    All my olly stuff lives in there. A OMD EM5. MkI with 17mm, 45mm, 75mm f1.8 primes, small flash, CPLs couple sd cards, 2 batteries and a couple odds and ends. Batt charger lives in my "media pouch" in my main bag

    2019-02-06_01-02-54 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-06-2019, 12:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joe G
    replied
    Thank you Sleeve!

    The safari is only one day (doing a lot in a little time), but I intend to bring my Sony a6300 body, 16-50, 50 macro, 55-210, external microphone for video, a few batteries, memory cards and one tiny tripod (6"). I also am going cage diving with sharks, and have an underwater case that is fairly bulky, but I'll only have that on me for one of the days.

    I'll probably try to keep all of the camera gear (less the underwater case) with me for the majority of the time we're in SA, since we'll be exploring and I always like to have multiple lens options and will surely need the spare batteries.

    I tried to use the camera pouch that came in the Amazon bag that I returned in my North Face backpack, but it wasn't a good fit and made it difficult to use the rest of the bag.

    I really want something that I can use for hiking, day trips, travel etc. My biggest concern about travel though is packing. I usually travel with one BIG backpack, that is the max carry on size, so it's going to be tricky to carry two back packs. My ideal solution will fit in my big bag while empty, or just with the camera in it, and then come out for day trips, but we'll see. Worst case my wife can carry the camera backpack when we're in transit and I'll roll her suitcase and wear my big pack.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Since I travel for a living and live out of hotels all the time. Even thought I havent been shooting much in recent years, I still have a bit of kit in my bag all the time.

    What my daily work bag consists of is a Goruck GR2 34L with all my shit it in it and then I use a couple padded pouches for sensitive stuff. My M4/3s olly gear all lives in a Crumpler Med sized pouchy thing I dont think they make anymore.

    Now Goruck stuff is $$$ but its built like a tank and since I am tossing it in and out of work trucks all the time, in the energy business. But any good bag from the likes of Tom Bihn, 5.11 tac, maxpedition, Alpha One Niner should not scream I HAVE 5K IN PHOTO GEAR IN HERE. with something like a Tenba BYOB (bring your own bag) insert, for it that fits the gear your looking to take.

    Speaking of that what gear are you looking to take on Safari, knowing that might help point you in better direction and are you going on safari, or just traveling around

    Leave a comment:

Working...