Thanks. Now I just need to build a site to house all my shots that also allows me to sell them. (Anyone have any ideas? Idealy it would function like Flickr where I can upload 2000 pics at a time and they just upload rather than having to do each and every one, one at a time.)
Will
This is Photography
Collapse
X
-
So this happened...

My first cover shot... Apparently I don't suck.
WillLeave a comment:
-
Backward compatibility is underrated.Yeah I don't know a lot about nikon lenses, IMO their naming scheme and models are overly complicated due to them still selling Screwdrive cameras.
I like screwdrive cause it allows them to make interesting, lighter weight, lenses. But god damn whenever I'm trying to help my Nikon friend pick out a lens its like, 'Hmm which of the 5 lenses of the same focal length is it.Leave a comment:
-
Leave a comment:
-
Yeah I don't know a lot about nikon lenses, IMO their naming scheme and models are overly complicated due to them still selling Screwdrive cameras.Yeah, I had looked on ebay and found the part but I hate buying stuff like that on ebay, it's usually shipped from overseas and it's just so easy to get burned. I already had the lens apart and tried to clean the stuck AF motor and lubricate the gears. AF-S lenses are never screw drive btw.
I like screwdrive cause it allows them to make interesting, lighter weight, lenses. But god damn whenever I'm trying to help my Nikon friend pick out a lens its like, 'Hmm which of the 5 lenses of the same focal length is it.Leave a comment:
-
Yeah, I had looked on ebay and found the part but I hate buying stuff like that on ebay, it's usually shipped from overseas and it's just so easy to get burned. I already had the lens apart and tried to clean the stuck AF motor and lubricate the gears. AF-S lenses are never screw drive btw.Leave a comment:
-
Honestly Ebay / Aliexpress / Amazon is going to be your best bet.Where's a reputable place to buy Nikon lens parts? The AF motor on my 18-200mm AF-S VR lens died in a rainstorm that I got caught in during an airshow a year ago, haven't bothered to fix it yet, but after going on 2 trips without it I kind of miss it as a travel lens because of the versatility. When tight DOF control and immaculate optics aren't needed it's really nice to have.
Its not a D lens right? AF is indeed in the lens not the body of camera?Leave a comment:
-
Where's a reputable place to buy Nikon lens parts? The AF motor on my 18-200mm AF-S VR lens died in a rainstorm that I got caught in during an airshow a year ago, haven't bothered to fix it yet, but after going on 2 trips without it I kind of miss it as a travel lens because of the versatility. When tight DOF control and immaculate optics aren't needed it's really nice to have.Leave a comment:
-
I wish there was a cheaper tier to keep the 1TB of storage... I'm totally cool with paying for a service, but I don't like the only two options being the top tier service, and a severely limited free service... why can't we have some middle ground?Public Service Annoucement...
Flicker users beware...
Free members with more than (a combination of) 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to upgrade to Pro or download content over that limit. After January 8th, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5th, 2019, for free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos and/or videos, we will begin actively deleting content from your account starting from oldest to newest date uploaded to meet the new limit.
This means I need to find a new home for about 13123 images, and all of the ones posted on here and any other forum will be gone. Epic Fail.
WillLeave a comment:
-
Meh I paid for Pro, $5 a month or $4 a month if you still can use the $20 off coupon for a year.
When you compare that 1-2TB of storage costs 60-80$ a year anywhere else its reasonable. Im hoping SmugMug makes the community aspect of Flickr take off again.
I did already delete 3200 pictures though to clean my flickr up, next is making proper albums and tags.Leave a comment:
-
Public Service Annoucement...
Flicker users beware...
Free members with more than (a combination of) 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8th, 2019 to upgrade to Pro or download content over that limit. After January 8th, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5th, 2019, for free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos and/or videos, we will begin actively deleting content from your account starting from oldest to newest date uploaded to meet the new limit.
This means I need to find a new home for about 13123 images, and all of the ones posted on here and any other forum will be gone. Epic Fail.
WillLeave a comment:
-
Probably one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken:
_SRC6348 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC6288 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC6225-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC6187-2 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC6055 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
im in LOVE with the Tamron 28-75mm,
not in love with the amount of dick sucking im going to have to do to buy it faster...Leave a comment:
-
Yeah believe they are called 'gooseberry falls' and we are going there, will bring my 50mm and 10 stop to try and get some cool exposures.
The Tamron came, went out and shot today since it was nice and to get the hang of the lens, its definitely way nicer then i expected from a 3rd party lens that wasnt a sigma art. Now im hoping they make a 70-200 so I can buy this and a 70-200 in the same style and quality.
_SRC5889 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC5879 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC5909 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
_SRC5876 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/751055...posted-public/
_SRC6013-3 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
Moon was out so astro didn't really work out, but I think the lens definitely has the potential to work for astro if I want.
Its 10x sharper then my 50mm, which should be obvious but the 50mm has to be stopped to like F4 to actually be sharp, starting around f2.2
Im in love.Leave a comment:
-
Run up the north shore about an hour some really nice water falls all along through there but some really cool one at a st park and hour and 20 mins or so out of duluthLeave a comment:



Leave a comment: