This is Photography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Joe G
    replied
    ^Nice shots. That foxbody looks very, very fast.

    Question (with context) for all in this thread:

    I recently got back into photography, largely inspired by a few past and upcoming trips to neat places. The next trip is to South Africa where you don’t necessarily want to broadcast that you’re carrying a nice camera or much else of value (per friend’s and the internet).

    So, can recommend a good solution for a day bag (preferably a backpack) that can carry a camera and a few lenses, but also a light jacket, water, my wife’s miscellaneous stuff and not be too bulky or blatantly a camera bag?

    I bought one on amazon, it came today and is meh. I welcome any and all input.

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied
    While I was back in Maryland for Christmas, I had a buddy bring his foxbody out for me to shoot for a few bucks. I think I had six paid shoots in 2018 and would love to keep that going for 2019.



    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    I wanted to shoot some of the comets and meteor showers but its been cloudy all winter.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz
    Damn thats a really nice scan as well.

    I've been on the lookout for an Olympus 35SP for a nice 'pocket' rangefinder.

    Played a bit more with my 10 stop since it got above 20...
    _SRC7214 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC7207 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Dark NDs are fun.

    Anyone try to shoot comeet 46P/Wirtanen? I've gone looking a couple times, but there has been too much high marine layer to see it.
    https://www.timeanddate.com/astronom...ZgalSotWKN5KeI

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Damn thats a really nice scan as well.

    I've been on the lookout for an Olympus 35SP for a nice 'pocket' rangefinder.

    Played a bit more with my 10 stop since it got above 20...
    _SRC7214 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    _SRC7207 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
    Last edited by Wschnitz; 12-14-2018, 07:34 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Vette on the Row by Matthew Wiseman, on Flickr

    Portra 160/ Canonet QL17

    Leave a comment:


  • coldweatherblue
    replied
    local hike

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2caPUg7]

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    I went for a little drive yesterday. Found a road that runs from Highway 1 to King City. The road is M3 approved.



    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Reichart12
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Sorry for the downsize.

    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Yeah I just like that you can buy a Sony License for cheap compared to Adobe.

    Im interested in using it for the idea of using a tablet or phone to look at the pictures as well, would be useful for real estate or for giving a client a view of their portrait real time, etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz
    Believe me I want to switch to CaptureOne but because I really like Premire Pro and Photoshop its worth it to me.

    Just wish they didn't force you into paying a year.
    I haven't worked with CaptureOne, but that is where I'm looking to go. It seems like its LR and Photoshop rolled into one. On top of that, I'd bet its a very good program since Phase One also produces a 150mp Medium format camera. I've been researching CO and it has elements that are much better than LR, and it seems to be a better program for pulling detail (Not surprising considering they make a 150mp camera in house. They likely know all about capturing detail.) I don't use PS at all, but I could see having its ability on hand as part of LR could be quite useful. It also looks like you can rearrange your workflow setup any way you want. (Very useful.)

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3
    I don't do Adobe's ransomware. I have a perpetual licence for LR, and it will be the last Adobe product I pay for.

    I'll look into squarespace. I have a Wordpress page, but I'm thinking its not ideal for doing what I want to do.

    Will
    Believe me I want to switch to CaptureOne but because I really like Premire Pro and Photoshop its worth it to me.

    Just wish they didn't force you into paying a year.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackbirdM3
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz
    If you already pay for an Adobe subscription you may have a portfolio site, you have to provide your own domain if you dont want a .myportfolio.com but it works. Has lightroom integration as well.

    Its not the best, but probably closest to what you were thinking of. Otherwise I'm sure squarespace or weebly has portfolio prebuilts.

    https://williamsnitselaarphotography.myportfolio.com/
    I don't do Adobe's ransomware. I have a perpetual licence for LR, and it will be the last Adobe product I pay for.

    I'll look into squarespace. I have a Wordpress page, but I'm thinking its not ideal for doing what I want to do.

    Will

    Leave a comment:


  • Wschnitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackbirdM3
    Thanks. Now I just need to build a site to house all my shots that also allows me to sell them. (Anyone have any ideas? Idealy it would function like Flickr where I can upload 2000 pics at a time and they just upload rather than having to do each and every one, one at a time.)

    Will
    If you already pay for an Adobe subscription you may have a portfolio site, you have to provide your own domain if you dont want a .myportfolio.com but it works. Has lightroom integration as well.

    Its not the best, but probably closest to what you were thinking of. Otherwise I'm sure squarespace or weebly has portfolio prebuilts.

    Quickly and simply build a personalized website to showcase your creative work with Adobe Portfolio. Now included free with any Creative Cloud subscription.

    Leave a comment:

Working...