Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

haha

i like when i go to my local car show where most entrants bring a car from the 60's, 70's, or perhaps '80s. there is always a jackass or two sitting there in a new stock mustang/subaru/honda with the hood open and looking like he is the boss with the best car in the lot.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Montreal is in for service. Same one from the petrolicious vid

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Almost forgot about this gem. GTC. So perfect it's disgusting. Haven't seen a GTV alone a gtc that is put together this well

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Today's update...

Will
          '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
          '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
          '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

^ nice! If I were a millennial I think I would say it's "on point."
            sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

At 1.5K it has a bunch of cool stuff.

1987 Red Milano Platinum. Modified with Koni shocks in rear and flair kit. I bought a true Verde and have too many projects to attend to right now. Could be back to being a beautiful car with a bit of tlc and attention. Needs steering rack, some brake work, attention to rust issues around trunk, driver side floor board and small locations where flair kit fitted to existing body. Needs misc. electrical sorting such as interior dome lights, power seat adjustments, radio, heater blower. Engine is super strong as previous owner took car of it really well and has been started regularly. Trunk interior trim and lenses have been removed but all trim is included. Rear lenses are in good shape. , Price is firm.

Couple of Alfa teams commented it was a good byt for a lemons car. If you are versed in Italian. NO SUNROOF
              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Today's update...

This is close to the same color I'm doing mine. I think it might be a little more green, but its close.

Will
                '88 BMW M3

Comment

The moment you have all been waiting for.... real paint!

I really dig this color. In other news, I just spent $1k on weather stripping and grommets this morning... ouch.

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

LOOKING AWESOME congrats, and this is an awesome project you have going on
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Will, that looks wonderful. The chrome will look wonderful against that color. I cant wait until its all back together. Is it going to be a OEM type rebuild or will there be performance mods when it goes back together?
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        Will, that looks wonderful. The chrome will look wonderful against that color. I cant wait until its all back together. Is it going to be a OEM type rebuild or will there be performance mods when it goes back together?
                        Its going to be very subtle performance upgrades. Think Targa Florio privateer car. Race seats, roll bar, 5 point race harnesses, 160 hp 1750, hopefully a 4.1LSD out of a later spider modified to work with the Sprint rear suspension, hopefully this suspension http://www.alfaholics.com/race-parts...-handling-kit/, Konis, light flywheel. The goal is to keep the engine looking as close to correct as possible, but I will have the Centerline Alfa ceramic coated conversion headers, and a custom exhaust. (Hopefully based off the old AlfaBB Magnaflow exhaust that was done 10 years ago. I had one on my GTV.) The interior is going to be stock aside from the seats. I'll have all the stock chrome on the car, aside from bumpers (I might put the rear one on depending on how much it will cost to have it rechromed. Its pretty hammered.

I just placed an order for $1K worth of rubber weather stripping, and head liner. I will still need to order the door seals, the rear quarter window seals and some other miscellaneous grommets and what not.

I really can't wait to see the car come together. I think its going to be stunning. Totally unique, and period correct. (Aside from the seats. I wish I could buy a set of Zagato replica race seats but those are about $2K for a pair.)

I'm trying to find a set of American Racing LeMans wheels like this for the car. I know they exist, but they are very rare. I've had a couple leads on some but they haven't panned out (Sellers keep vanishing.) I think they would look cool because they are rarely seen on Alfa's and I've never seen them on a Sprint (early spider race cars however.)

If I can't find a set of those, I'll go for a set of Panasports. I really want to show the giant finned aluminum drum brakes off.

Will
                        '88 BMW M3

Comment

I cant wait to see it come together. Shame it wont be done this week since Im flying up to San Jose for the long weekend.

Re: the wheels, are you looking specifically in 4x98 or is 4x100 an option also? I know the VW guys run 4x98 with wobble bolts and its supposed to be legit.

what size and offset? I will keep my eyes open for you :up:
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            I cant wait to see it come together. Shame it wont be done this week since Im flying up to San Jose for the long weekend.

Re: the wheels, are you looking specifically in 4x98 or is 4x100 an option also? I know the VW guys run 4x98 with wobble bolts and its supposed to be legit.

what size and offset? I will keep my eyes open for you :up:
                            I think I found a set, locally no less. They are 4x108, +20 offset, 15x6.

It might have color on the exterior this week, but hard to say. I saw it in person and its got a few more low spots to fill and block out. The color is amazing in person.

Here are a couple shots of Alfa's with the wheels

The set I'm looking to buy are on the Stepnose in the last pic.

I spent a good 6 hrs cleaning and trying to polish up some of the Aluminum trim on the car... I have zero pieces of trim ready to go on the car. The Electrolysis pitting in the aluminum is pretty serious on all the pieces so I end up having to sand with 220, 320,600, then aggressive scotch bright, and 000 steel wool before taking the piece to the buffing wheel. If the pitting doesn't buff out, I start the whole process over. This is going to take a while.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

Small alfaholics haul preview

Looks like I'll get to use my gta cutout template again

DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Something tells me I'll be placing an order with Alfaholics in the very near future as well. I'm also talking with the Italian vendor who does the door cards. It looks like the custom colors on the vinyl is a go (black, not very crazy). I don't think blue would look good with the amount of green in the paint. Black is neutral, and would match the seats and carpet.

Will
                                '88 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                                X