Back in the game
Picked up an RRC this past week. I’m already questioning my decision. Born in 1989, she dawns an Eastnor Green and tan color with just 83k miles.
OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.
Collapse
X
-
I love them.
I tell anyone looking at them to run away.
It's a buy at your own risk, YMMV thing. I'm not going to encourage anyone (mostly friends and friends of friends) to buy one as once it turns tits up they'll come to me for help saying, "You told me to buy it"
....butttt, they are amazing trucks. I love them.Leave a comment:
-
What fun would that be...life isn't interesting without british reliabilityLeave a comment:
-
was looking at jeep xj's for a bit but my best friend has an RRC and is pulling me over to the dark side. Been looking at discos and classics. If anyone who has experience with both can compare the two I'm super curious. This would be a parts hauler/camping rig/probably daily driver when I'm working on the e30.Leave a comment:
-
I don't have any experience with Rovers of any kind, however I've always thought the Disco was a great looking truck. I'm also thinking of getting a more off-road/winter capable vehicle for camping in the summer and snowboarding in the winter.
This truck is local to me and I think I'm going to go check it out. Thoughts?
I know that it's priced high compared to other Discos local to me, however the upgrades might make it worthwhile. I spoke to the owner yesterday and he seems to be an enthusiast, said he's selling to buy a Defender 110, he's got a Disco 1 as well as a collection of 10 other exotics/classics.
Biggest thing is maintenance, he does have some records and the head gaskets were done under his ownership, which is one of the weak points that I've become aware of.
So all opinions welcome.Leave a comment:
-
Really does look great. I hear very mixed things, but I keep hearing they're better than most people give them credit for. Never actually been in one sadly. They seem pretty lux'.I bought my '02 in Denver and drove it 1400 miles back to Cleveland, back in July. Yeah they get a bad rap, but mine's been pretty damn awesome so far. I believe the 'fire' issues are mainly with the older model P38s w/ the Lucas EFI. Something about rubber fuel lines being run too close to the hot exhaust manifolds. I believe the later Bosch injected models remedied this with a different design. At any rate... it does crave more attention than the e30 or e34 but I love driving it!
Here's the beast on a camping trip from a few weeks ago

Leave a comment:
-
I bought my '02 in Denver and drove it 1400 miles back to Cleveland, back in July. Yeah they get a bad rap, but mine's been pretty damn awesome so far. I believe the 'fire' issues are mainly with the older model P38s w/ the Lucas EFI. Something about rubber fuel lines being run too close to the hot exhaust manifolds. I believe the later Bosch injected models remedied this with a different design. At any rate... it does crave more attention than the e30 or e34 but I love driving it!
Here's the beast on a camping trip from a few weeks ago
Leave a comment:
-
-
It's been converted to spring-over-axle. Apparently at some point it had a 4BT in it. The steering arm is all jacked up because of the angle.
I was just after the body. Going to need some repairs, but it's going onto the RRC LWB frame eventually.
I donno what powerplant to pop in it. I want to do BMW, since the 4hp in the RRC has a M20 bellhousing on it from when the RRC was M52'd. Really wanna to M30B35....think it's a fitting engine for a Series truck....if it'll fit in the bay. I don't wanna move the grille up flush with the fenders....but may have to.
Oh, Boy !!Leave a comment:
-
Wanting to get a P38 of some nature to drive from the PNW to Nevada. How stupid is this lmao.Leave a comment:
-
I don't know how I've missed this thread but it's good to see some other suckers who love Land Rovers as well. I've had 3 RRCs, 1 D1, 2 D2s, and now an S/C L322.Leave a comment:
-




Leave a comment: