OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jb325is
    replied
    Looking good!

    I have my DII LE for sale on craiglist right now and I got a trade offer for an LR3 the other day. I didn't really consider it at the time, because my whole purpose for selling the DII is to buy something more highway-worthy that can also tow my trailer/racecar when needed. Come to find out the LR3 towing capacity is 7700 lbs, which is over 1500 lbs more than the X5 4.6is that I am planning to buy... Surprising! How are the road manners in that thing compared to the Discovery?

    Edit- Just looked up the Discovery towing capacity, and it is apparently also 7700 lbs... I know how terrible my DII felt towing 5,000 lbs, so not as confident in that 7700 lb # on the LR3 now

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Son was home for the weekend so we did some maintenance and oil change. 8 qts of oil, tiny filter. Factory skid plates are pretty beefy - all has to come off to get to the pan. Alum pan has a really deep sump center section that hangs below the rest of the pan. That must be how they make sure it never sucks air even when it's tipped way over or climbing. Oil filter mount has a finned oil cooler built in.

    Pretty clean and leak-free up there for 145,000mi.

    This is rock height I think. You can just leave it like that and it will stay, until you drive off and hit 25, then it beeps and drops you to highway height. There's apparently an emergency extra height trick, if you get high centered you can lift yourself off the rock temporarily.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0614 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	7190607

    Seller swapped 19s for 18s.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0615 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	7190608

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0616 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	7190609

    Headlights do a funny bug-eye wobble thing like R2D2 when he starts it up - self leveling I guess. They also turn with the front wheels - whoa...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0617 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	7190610

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    No lowballers.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    Ran when parked. Rare convertible option. Some water damage. Original turquoise interior. Will need to be trailered.

    [ATTACH]113899[/ATTACH]
    "Unrestored survivor"

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Ran when parked. Rare convertible option. Some water damage. Original turquoise interior. Will need to be trailered.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ranwhenparked.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	7190539

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Sold the '95 D1 over the weekend. Rover enthusiast with five RRCs in various states of disassembly.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by rturbo 930
    Slammin, didn't you make a thread a few years ago about having too many cars, and getting rid of a few? I see that's gone well for you, lol.
    I'm in a better place now than I was then. ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    "Ran when lit."

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    Slammin be like "low miles friend owned, good shape for a Land Rover."

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Slammin, didn't you make a thread a few years ago about having too many cars, and getting rid of a few? I see that's gone well for you, lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • kronus
    replied
    i can't believe you guys haven't renamed this the "OFFICIAL my Land Rover is broken thread" yet

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    ...fingers crossed

    [ATTACH]113838[/ATTACH]
    Loool....yeah.....the money would be better spent in the 109".....

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    ...fingers crossed

    [ATTACH]113838[/ATTACH]

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    It's a 1998. No air bags. Engine is a factory replacement with 80k.

    It's in pretty good shape. May need a heater core or o-rings at least, possibly a radiator.

    Going to go by sometime this week and check it out more thoroughly. It's a friend of mine. I want a running, driving Rover again.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    ...on purpose?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	scrapped-p38-suspention-parts.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	7190489

    Click image for larger version

Name:	slipped-liner-1679021418162402281.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	7190490

    Click image for larger version

Name:	5T33ohv.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	7190491

    Leave a comment:

Working...