OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LateFan
    replied
    ^^ no linky no worky

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    I didn't see this posted in here....but WOW neat!


    http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-defender-v8s/

    Can't wait to get my "Defender" together...
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 01-29-2018, 10:43 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    I like where this is going....

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    I like the station wagon body, and more usable.

    I forget, did you already talk about this?... Are you lengthening the frame to fit the 100" body?
    Nope, it's a LWB Classic frame, so it's very close. IIRC I just need the rear crossmember from a Series truck and I'll be golden. Set that, pop in the rear tub and then everything falls in from there.

    Bulkhead on this one is pretttty bad....could use a new one honestly, but I'mm roll with this one while I do my metal work and trans tunnel clearance work...fuck I said too much....

    It's gonna be a blast.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    Got a line on another 109....5-door....
    I like the station wagon body, and more usable.

    I forget, did you already talk about this?... Are you lengthening the frame to fit the 100" body?


    >EDIT> ....I said that backwards, didn't I? "Lengthening the frame to fit the 109" body." But it sounds like they're pretty close!
    Last edited by LateFan; 01-26-2018, 02:15 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Don't bother with paint. It's a 4x4. It's supposed to be a little beat up.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    If you plant that body, will it grow more Range Rovers?
    It's working on returning to the earth, that's for sure....started long before I got it.

    Got a line on another 109....5-door....IDK if I wanna go for it or not...maybe if I can get rid of a couple other things.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    If you plant that body, will it grow more Range Rovers?

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    So I got serious:




    Now that the weather is getting better I'll be cruising along with this thing...hopefully.


    Not too concerned with the body condition....a restoration deal would drive me insane. It'll look cool with that "character"

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Nice buy. And isn't the Sport an LR3/4 underneath? So a pretty solid truck.

    Leave a comment:


  • James Crivellone
    replied
    So my 2000 Discovery II has been getting a little tired, play in the steering box, driveline clunk, leaking sunroofs, and its slower than a rock falling UP a cliff.

    So I did the next best thing, bought a wrecked 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE (base model) and put it back together

    Bought it from a Porsche dealer with a crack in the front bumper, cracked core support, AC condenser bashed in, broken headlight, broken foglights, bad timing chain tensioners, bad lower control arms, and a few other things here and there.

    Mistake 1) they gave me a complementary 90 day warranty.. so off it went to Land Rover for new timing chain guides and control arms (thanks AutoNation!) Why they would toss a warranty on a wrecked range rover is beyond me.. but hell.

    Bought a new front bumper, core support, headlight, foglights and put it all back together.. so for the same price as a beat to shit 2006 I have a 2011. was fun putting it together too



    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    I was initially looking for a nice RRC - but with the prices for a clean one, and the way things rust here in Cleveland, I couldn't bring myself to do that. The bodies on the P38s seem to hold up better, and to ensure that mine does, I did have WaxOyl applied to the frame and panels in the fall. Wasn't cheap but I want to hang on to the truck for awhile.

    Once we thaw out some up here, I plan on going over the EAS with a spray bottle and soapy water. Hoping I can coax it along to spring give the valve block and compressor a proper going-over.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackSpeed66
    I've noticed after about 2 days the front suspension will start to sag a bit. Not a huge concern yet since it pumps back up once the compressor does its thing. Something to tackle once it gets warmer out.
    We replaced the air "distribution block" or whatever they call it, at each end. Front was inside the passenger wheel well, rear was above the rear axle. They have these simple quick connect air hose fittings. That solved the sagging-after-sitting problem. If the compressor has to run too much to always re-level it, it will wear out fast.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5ickride
    replied
    I like the P38, I was debating getting this or the RRC. Who knows, I'm still thinking about adding the P38 to the collection but the electronics I heard are a nightmare.

    Leave a comment:


  • BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Well I've gotta say the P38 is a beast with the studded winter tires so far. Normally wouldn't do studs, but they were already installed on the tires the PO included with the sale.

    It's taking the cold ok for the most part. I've noticed after about 2 days the front suspension will start to sag a bit. Not a huge concern yet since it pumps back up once the compressor does its thing. Something to tackle once it gets warmer out.

    Also got the bracket for the CB antenna made - Just need to tidy up the wiring.

    Leave a comment:

Working...