No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Rotoflex(lol guibo) bought to finish up getting this driveline fixed.
    Hopefully we will be back in shape next weekend.
    1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Dropped by Pick and Pull last weekend and noticed they just got a 2002 Discovery 2 in, needless to say I picked up all the injectors, MAF, and both heads to rebuild.. you know, preventative parts to keep on the shelf for when my headgaskets go.

Comment

Drove mine today with out incident. New belt routing is primo. Made up my new SS braided pressure line, but it's cold as dick out so that's all I did.

Note, driving w/out power steering isn't as bad as I thought, but it's not easy enough that I would just delete the PS altogether.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

^I test drove one and the PS was out on it... Was not unmanageable, but lord it would not find straight again, you had to steer back to center.

On a side note, did some maintenance on my XJ this weekend. Also when I needed to go somewhere I just got in and drove there...no wrenching required.

Jkjk. Glad you got your PS issue sorted slammin'
          Originally Posted by ACMF74
          i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
            ^I test drove one and the PS was out on it... Was not unmanageable, but lord it would not find straight again, you had to steer back to center.

On a side note, did some maintenance on my XJ this weekend. Also when I needed to go somewhere I just got in and drove there...no wrenching required.

Jkjk. Glad you got your PS issue sorted slammin'
            I get some sort of handicap since my Rover has a Kraut engine cobbled into it. ;)

I was kinda disappointed I didn't get it all done, but it was too damn cold and windy, but doing it right takes time, and I want to make this system bulletproof (well, as bullet proof as I can make it).

There is a big event at Wintergreen Resort with the Rover Owners Assc of Virginia in March. I really want to have this thing operational for that.

Comment

Figures the one weekend in boston, something happens around here.

Drove during our freak snow storm to slammin's place.
              Rear DS still sounds like its gonna fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                Figures the one weekend in boston, something happens around here.

Drove during our freak snow storm to slammin's place.
                Rear DS still sounds like its gonna fall out.
                Freak snow storm in that there was 0 snow, then 3" within 100 yards driving. :hitler:

Comment

I bet that rovers ass. Run would be awesome. There are some provincial Jeep runs going up here this spring that traditionally been awesome.
                  I hope to get to one or two.

Although I may have sold the thing by then.

Comment

I hear they are pretty hardcore. There's a ton of fire roads around here that are accessible to the public, and marked. I only know where one is, and the Rover has been down since I found out. Def gonna hit it up when it's fixed.

Also a Jeep store opened up down the road from me. Inufaye and I are gonna roll in and clear the place out with Brit talk. "Rotoflex" lawl.

Comment

Must stick rover stickers everywhere.

Comment

Lol, I for some reason have no difficulty believing you two will do it too.

I have reserved my vote on the bromance thread...you two just earned it...well done.

Comment

Guesss what guys....

Success story....

I DROVE MINE TO WORK WITHOUT INCIDENT!
                          (and without power steering)

Snowing like a mother here so I was like, no, don't feel like wrecking the m3, lemme give this beast a whirl. Made it no problemo.

:up:

Comment

I wonder if you could fit an electric rack from a z4 in there.

Comment

I put together another changer cartridge for mine yesterday.. Yeah.. 6 NEW (that I have not listened to in at LEAST a month) CD's!

#omgthechangeractuallyworks

Comment

Fail. Mother fucker wouldn't start today. Battery is dead. Some mysterious drain after the swap.

...and me without my jumper cables.

Hopefully a success this weekend when I get my PS plumbed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X