OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    I must say, after driving Inufaye's Disco, and checking out a few others, I'm in the Rangie camp firmly.
    I really like the low floating roof compared to the disco, the big square front end, plush interior, and the split tailgate/liftgate.

While a 6bt isn't feasible, and a 300tdi is pricey, I think a 6.5 GM turbo diesel would be an affordable, yet awesome swap for a Range Rover. Bland engine stock, but breathed on are quite decent. Cheaper stateside and superior to a 300tdi.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

What if you are in the industry of Roving?
      Lol. I feel like a 4bt would rattle a rover to pieces.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I am in the disco camp. I like my CLD.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

I was eyeballing doing the Isuzu diesel. Bread truck motors are what I'm looking into.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
            That you never use because you never drive your Rover.

Comment

that you never use because you never drive your rover.
              if it didn't leak more oil than deepwater horizon.
              1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

if it didn't leak more oil than deepwater horizon.
                Fix itttttttt.

Comment

Range rovers lack CLD? Didn't know that. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to swap though.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                    Range rovers lack CLD? Didn't know that. Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to swap though.
                    It's not hard, but you need to ideally find a Disco and take all the parts from one truck.

Early RRCs began with the LT230, but later RRC has the Borg Warner chain-driven transfer box incorporating an automatic viscous coupling limited slip differential. RR was viewed as a more luxury off road vehicle.

Bascially, you wait for the BW TC to crap out, then get a Disco parts truck and swap the LT230 in, along with the driveshafts, linkage, etc. There is also the issue of the N warning siren being wired in reverse between both cases, so you'll hook up your LT230 and the siren will go off all the time.

Comment

Good thing Disco parts trucks are a dime a dozen. CDL is pretty awesome though. Makes my Disco a tank.

Comment

Iirc there were variants of the 4bt that came in bread trucks and delivery vans fro grumman. You just have to get the corret variant for a driveable swap
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

misfire is getting worse on my Disco... I really don't want to do the plug wires.. what a bitch.,

Comment

That is spectacular. I'm going to talk to the Benz tech at work and see if he knows of any.

Comment

I'm still thinking 6.5 GM turbo diesel would be the way to go in one of these.

Comment

How much power are the Om617s good for? Specifically torques. That's where I'm lacking big time vs the 4.2 v8.

Comment

Working...
                                X