OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JFarhanbod View Post
    Straight trade? That Rover might be worth 4.5k on a good day. Your car has more value. Aside from that you will eat more in maintenance. 2004 is the most desirable year and also one of the most problematic.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I know the high end 04 models had CLD but why else are they desirable?
      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
        I know the high end 04 models had CLD but why else are they desirable?
        4.6 v8, facelift front end, few color and interior changes, upgraded brake calipers, selectable CDL...

Granted most of these changes happened in 03, but some were ironed out (oiling failures) by 04 whilst new issues came about (slipping block liners).
        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Hmmm never knew the D2 got the 4.6

I think ill take my 500 dollar 90k mile D2 and be happy for now.

Comment

Hmmm never knew the D2 got the 4.6

I think ill take my 500 dollar 90k mile D2 and be happy for now.
            03 and 04 got the 4.6 and also the most engine issues out of any rover v8. Some guys like to take the older rover blocks, and swap internals or get top hat liners for them.

Comment

I told you I'll give you $600 for it.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

My boss offered 650.

Comment

You're boss doesn't need one.

Comment

Off to the machine shop!

Comment

My boss offered 650.
                      I'll throw 700 on the table.... Cough(F-U slammin)cough
                      Swanny!
                      SUCKERS.

Comment

Lets say hypothetically one wanted to do a motor/trans swap into a disco. Something like a 5.3 out of a Tahoe but lets ignore the engine/trans for now.

What are the pros and cons to the various discos over the years minus their engine and trans?

Which one would you start with?

**this would primarily be a street driven vehicle**
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post

Off to the machine shop!
                          Nice!

Buick 215 FTW!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic0456.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	7159561

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                            Lets say hypothetically one wanted to do a motor/trans swap into a disco. Something like a 5.3 out of a Tahoe but lets ignore the engine/trans for now.
                            My son and I used to discuss gutting his 87 RRC - which was one of the simplest and best years save for the Lucas problem - putting in a 289, and re-wiring the thing from scratch. Would be a great truck!

LR trivia tidbit - Land Rover based the original RR mechanical design on the early Bronco, with long coils and radius arm suspension.

But to answer the question, my bias is the early D1's with coils. 94, 95 are good I think. We have a 95. Decent injection system, pretty reliable, great suspension, fewer electronic luxury things, and shorter and lighter than the big butt D2. Stay away from air springs and electronics until the LR3, which is an amazingly capable car for it's size.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

What are the pros and cons to the various discos over the years minus their engine and trans?

Which one would you start with?

**this would primarily be a street driven vehicle**
                              I've been thinking the same thing recently. Don't know how involving the swap would be but seems to be an ideal one. Either that, or an LS out of a Camaro.

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                              My son and I used to discuss gutting his 87 RRC - which was one of the simplest and best years save for the Lucas problem - putting in a 289, and re-wiring the thing from scratch. Would be a great truck!

LR trivia tidbit - Land Rover based the original RR mechanical design on the early Bronco, with long coils and radius arm suspension.

But to answer the question, my bias is the early D1's with coils. 94, 95 are good I think. We have a 95. Decent injection system, pretty reliable, great suspension, fewer electronic luxury things, and shorter and lighter than the big butt D2.
                              Mine has the 3.9, and I always hear that it's the better one to have over the 4.0. (engine displacement is identical, they just called it a 4.0 with the then new GEMS system). I really love my D1, but it's a total trail truck with horrible road manners. That was fine when I bought it, but I haven't been able to hit a trail with it for quite some time as it's on DD status. Definitely wish I was DDing a D2 at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                                I really love my D1, but it's a total trail truck with horrible road manners. That was fine when I bought it, but I haven't been able to hit a trail with it for quite some time as it's on DD status. Definitely wish I was DDing a D2 at the moment.
                                Come on mang!

I DD mine with 2.5" of lift and 33s. Can't hear the stereo over the tire noise over 45 mph. You need to move out here. We'll hit the trails ERRYWEEKEND.

Comment

Working...
                                X