OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    So, missed the ice apocalypse because my trans line decided to pop a pinhole leak in my terrible MIG weld.

Time to TIG.

...and the Wal-Mart battery from 2011 is failing like a mother fucker. Fuck.

DieHard Platinum and call it a day.
    Originally posted by Roysneon
    I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by FlexdXJ View Post
      DieHard Platinum and call it a day.
      This is the one that came in the truck. IDK what they're warranty is, but it'll be 3 years old in February. I'm used to Interstates lasting 6-7 years. Needless to say, not impressed.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

This is the one that came in the truck. IDK what they're warranty is, but it'll be 3 years old in February. I'm used to Interstates lasting 6-7 years. Needless to say, not impressed.
        DieHard platinum is AGM. I bought mine back in 09 then my Jeep got totaled and it sat for a year. charged it and its been in my current jeep since. 4 year free replacement/8 year pro rated warranty. its literally an Odyssey with a different colored case for $150 less.
        I have a vert project car that will stay auto until/unless the trans craps out on me. I'm just gonna paint it, slam it and pull bitches.

Comment

I'm used to Interstates lasting 6-7 years. Needless to say, not impressed.

Me too, i don't bother buying anything but an Interstate any more.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by FlexdXJ View Post
            DieHard platinum is AGM. I bought mine back in 09 then my Jeep got totaled and it sat for a year. charged it and its been in my current jeep since. 4 year free replacement/8 year pro rated warranty. its literally an Odyssey with a different colored case for $150 less.
            Word. I think the cold weather has taken it's toll this weekend. Couldn't ever get the damn thing to take a charge from the charger while I worked on it on Saturday night. Had to jump it, then drove it to the driveway, cut 'er off, and the dome light barely came on when I opened the door.

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
            Me too, i don't bother buying anything but an Interstate any more.
            We swear by them at work. Only issue I had was we got an MT-48 for dad's tractor and it had a bad cell in exactly 3 years, to the month. Documented it, send it back and got my free replacement no problemo.

Granted Interstate is rather pricey, but they're warranty is the best in the business.

Comment

3 years for walmart.
              1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                3 years for walmart.
                Will have to go back then. Sticker is 2/11, so it was obviously installed AFTER that, so it's been in use under 3 years.

Comment

Rover fixed.

With 5" threatening us (and only rain coming down so far) I pulled a late nighter and MIG'd up that trans like like a mo-fo. If it leaks now, that thing has to be pushing some serious pressure and I can start a water jet shop with my trans line.

Also the battery terminals were corroded as hell, and loose. Stupid Advance replacement terminals just plain won't tighten down on the battery posts. Cleaned them, charged the battery, and we're gold now. Yes, I feel dumb, but I had just cleaned/replaced them, so didn't expect them to corrode this fast.

Oh well. I'm prepared for all the sn*cough*RAIN*cough*ow we're getting now.

Comment

Rover fixed.

With 5" threatening us (and only rain coming down so far) I pulled a late nighter and MIG'd up that trans like like a mo-fo. If it leaks now, that thing has to be pushing some serious pressure and I can start a water jet shop with my trans line.

Also the battery terminals were corroded as hell, and loose. Stupid Advance replacement terminals just plain won't tighten down on the battery posts. Cleaned them, charged the battery, and we're gold now. Yes, I feel dumb, but I had just cleaned/replaced them, so didn't expect them to corrode this fast.

Oh well. I'm prepared for all the sn*cough*RAIN*cough*ow we're getting now.
                    Well, its good that it was a simple issue on the battery, could have been worse. My buddy in Charlotte texted me bitching about the rain earlier, I said fuck you I got snow! :( I may or may not have drifted out of my neighborhood this morning though! :D

Comment

Just started snowing here. I woke up expecting white stuff all over outside, but it was just miserable.

It's just a sleety snow mix though. Oh well, better to be in the 4x4 than the e36 with bald ass rear tires.

Gonna treat the battery to some spray and preventative measures now, and get some shims for the posts. It's cool, now my front windshield defroster grid works. Normally it would cut off because it pulled too much voltage with the rear defrost on. This morning it worked perfect.

Lucas was pleased with me.

Comment

Just started snowing here. I woke up expecting white stuff all over outside, but it was just miserable.

It's just a sleety snow mix though. Oh well, better to be in the 4x4 than the e36 with bald ass rear tires.

Gonna treat the battery to some spray and preventative measures now, and get some shims for the posts. It's cool, now my front windshield defroster grid works. Normally it would cut off because it pulled too much voltage with the rear defrost on. This morning it worked perfect.

Lucas was pleased with me.
                        My e30 is sitting under the car cover with 8 inches of snow on top.....Even though i haven't put the Jeep in 4wd yet I'd rather it be covered in road grime and schmag than the vert. I smashed the original hatch and back glass on my Jeep. the hatch now has a defroster that kinda works. I feel your pain! :D

Comment

Oh god, here we go again....

Blower motor. RRC, any way to lube it to keep it going? Really don't want to pull the dash to replace it.

Also, anyone rebuilt, or had one rebuilt? Not looking forward to dropping $250 on a new one, but don't want to put a used one in, for all that effort.

Comment

Oh god, here we go again....

Blower motor. RRC, any way to lube it to keep it going? Really don't want to pull the dash to replace it.

Also, anyone rebuilt, or had one rebuilt? Not looking forward to dropping $250 on a new one, but don't want to put a used one in, for all that effort.
                            Hey, they are as expensive as E30 blowers.....I need one of those........

Comment

So this is what happens when the bearing on your water pump decides to go out...

It was a charming Friday to say the least.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Oh shit! Radiator okay?

Inyufaye got his D2 done and we were chasing a coolant leak.

Somehow, something got into the radiator and made a nice little pinhole.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Otherwise, operation $500 D2 is together and running. Very well in fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X