OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BlackSpeed66
    replied


    The P38 keeps on truckin’ through these frigid days :D:D

    It’s comfy inside!

    Leave a comment:


  • Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    Same car just way way more posh. I think they decided they needed to sell these in the suburbs and dolled them up.

    I like the sort of no-nonsense-ness of the LR3. It has a simple functional interior, very comfortable, and I like the lights / grille / black fender arches/ etc a lot more.
    That's what I figured. BiL's is awesome, and it is pretty quick going from gas station to gas station :p

    IMHO, the newer the rover, the less I like them aesthetically. The disco boxiness is awesome. Newer ones (no offense to anyone) look like Explorers. Or is it vice versa?

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob
    Good info! How about the LR4?
    Same car just way way more posh. I think they decided they needed to sell these in the suburbs and dolled them up.

    I like the sort of no-nonsense-ness of the LR3. It has a simple functional interior, very comfortable, and I like the lights / grille / black fender arches/ etc a lot more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    LR3 is basically the RRS like mine.

    RRS is most definitely geared towards street performance from the factory. Tire options are very limited due to the Brembo brakes (minimum 19" wheels), and the OEM size is trash. I fit 265/50/20 terra grapplers without any issue, but that's as big as you can go without modifying the EAS to lift it (via Johnson Rides or IID tool), or converting to a lifted coil conversion.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    I'm pretty biased to the LR3. I think the later Jaguar drivetrain is more reliable, has great torque, and can climb at silly angles with no oiling issues or cooling problems.

    The RR Sport and the LR3 are the same car, so I assume the capabilities would be the same - unless the Sport is aimed more at street performance and settings. I know they come stock with some silly wheel and tire combos for anything but street use. The other thing would be to compare the approach and departure angles and how much overhang.

    An LR3 can lift itself way up for clearance, and if high centered it will lift another inch temporarily. It has pretty heavy duty steel skid plates underneath. Ours has the locking rear diff option.

    Wiki on the Jaguar engine:
    A naturally aspirated 4.4-litre variant produces 300 hp (220 kW) and 425 N⋅m (313 lb⋅ft) and has been adapted by Land Rover with a slightly greater capacity and increased torque. Both petrol engines have been designed with a sump and oil pick-up system to allow for operation at extreme angles.

    Good info! How about the LR4? My BiL has one ('13 I think?)

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by haaken675
    difference off road between an l322, l320, and an lr3?
    I'm pretty biased to the LR3. I think the later Jaguar drivetrain is more reliable, has great torque, and can climb at silly angles with no oiling issues or cooling problems.

    The RR Sport and the LR3 are the same car, so I assume the capabilities would be the same - unless the Sport is aimed more at street performance and settings. I know they come stock with some silly wheel and tire combos for anything but street use. The other thing would be to compare the approach and departure angles and how much overhang.

    An LR3 can lift itself way up for clearance, and if high centered it will lift another inch temporarily. It has pretty heavy duty steel skid plates underneath. Ours has the locking rear diff option.

    Wiki on the Jaguar engine:
    A naturally aspirated 4.4-litre variant produces 300 hp (220 kW) and 425 N⋅m (313 lb⋅ft) and has been adapted by Land Rover with a slightly greater capacity and increased torque. Both petrol engines have been designed with a sump and oil pick-up system to allow for operation at extreme angles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    GF got her diesel Velar, love it so far! Averaging 31.2 MPG on our various kinds road trips.




    Meanwhile mine is being a stupid slut and only blowing heat out of one vent...



    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    I didnt care for cruisers either until I drove one. Now I will have one until my family scatters my ashes in the far nothern reaches of the north fork of the flathead river drainage from the tail gate of my LC. Unless I find someplace better in the mean time.

    Though to be fair the 100 series is a bit of a bastatd child of LC's

    Leave a comment:


  • haaken675
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve
    Get a 100 series Landcruiser for this. Similar price point, way way better build quality wont leave you stranded while exploring even with 200k on the clock
    I don't care for land cruisers. If I don't end up with a range rover it would be a jeep...The wife is English, I like the look and interior of the range rovers, and I miss having a nice car to drive when I sold my 5 series.

    Leave a comment:


  • mrsleeve
    replied
    Get a 100 series Landcruiser for this. Similar price point, way way better build quality wont leave you stranded while exploring even with 200k on the clock

    Leave a comment:


  • haaken675
    replied
    Question for the group. Is there going to be a difference off road between an l322, l320, and an lr3? I am in the market for an suv for my wife and I since I can't stand her fiesta, and we always take my truck EVERYWHERE if I am in a vehicle with her.

    I am pretty set on wanting a land rover product, but if I get a 5th vehicle, I really want it to be capable of some light overlanding as I have a feeling the wife is really not going to want me getting a 6th vehicle while I still have 3 motorcycles, lol...

    Aside from lack of accessories for the Range Rovers, how do they all compare off road? Surprisingly (or not so much) it's hard to find a lot of real good data comparing them all off road.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28
    If it's like the M62....I did chains and guides on an x5 and kept getting some cam code. Set the tools up over and over, everything was perfect. Finally I found where you have to move the hall sensor itself a little to spoof the sensor. The chains are new and tight, from what I'm told, and will stretch out over time. So far it's all good and it's been hundreds of miles.
    I finally figured it out..

    It was the cam phaser...

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Hey boyz, looking for some advice dealing with timing code on a 5.0 l322

    I did the timing chain job and I can't get this damned p0017 exhaust cam/crank correlation code to fuck off.

    I've opened it a million times and set all my timing tools back in place and they all fit like a glove.. I even re installed the chain and followed the factory cam phaser preloading procedure with no luck.

    I even swapped bank 1 and 2 cam sensors and adjusters, but the code remains on the exhaust cam on bank 1.

    Truck runs absolutely fine, but this CEL won't go away. After resetting the code, it comes back right when you turn it over.
    If it's like the M62....I did chains and guides on an x5 and kept getting some cam code. Set the tools up over and over, everything was perfect. Finally I found where you have to move the hall sensor itself a little to spoof the sensor. The chains are new and tight, from what I'm told, and will stretch out over time. So far it's all good and it's been hundreds of miles.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    I even swapped bank 1 and 2 cam sensors and adjusters, but the code remains on the exhaust cam on bank 1.
    Above my pay grade.

    Disconnect the battery and let it sit a while, see if it's still there?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan...
    replied
    Gf put a deposit down on a leftover 2018 Range Rover Velar with the 2.0 turbo diesel. Super pumped! The test drive was very impressive, can't wait to steal it and make it my own :devil:

    Leave a comment:

Working...