We haven't had any real issues with the LR3. It's his only car, covers a lot of distance and a lot of backcountry driving.
But we did have to pull out half the dashboard to replace a sunroof drain. Some group of engineers made the odd decision to run the drain hose down the A pillar, but INSIDE the car, then above and around some critical electrical panels behind the glove box, then to a molded-in grommet to go back OUT of the car behind the wheelwell. The grommet is part of the hose, you can't just pull another hose through. The grommet clogs, rots out, water pours down the footwell.
LR wants you to pull out the door and sill trims, the A-pillar interior covers, and the front of the headliner to replace it. We took out the lower passenger dash and glove box, removed a big electrical panel, then cut and spliced a new hose end with push-lock connectors. Drains fine. Took all afternoon.
OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.
Collapse
X
-
pay up front or a little as you go all the time.....If you can find one with less than 250k and reasonably priced, I'll say sure.
It's impossible to ignore the friggin plethora of sub $5k rovers all over the place. P38s, discos, LR3s, etc. So tempting to buy one as a fixer upper, as long as you know what you're getting into.
Reminds me of the P-car 944 series. They used to be crazy cheap, and could be great cars with a little work and some spendy parts.
* Ducks and runs again.....
You can can find J80s for that but they need help, a good one now is going to be in the 8-28k range..... Early J100s are trading in that 5-8k range with less than 200k on them to a bit over, in that price point your going to have a bit of maintenance to catch up on and then outfitting as you want.... the 98-2000 have a little weakness in the front axle / diff but will hold up to all but really pushing the rig or putting it into a restricted bind and adding the power... other wise they are still quite stout units, other big drawback to the J100s is the torsion bar IFS like the GM stuff.... Though I think there are couple of nicely engineered coil over conversions out for that nowLeave a comment:
-
I am sorry typo... you have 255/85's on there not 55 series side walls.... I ran a set of those bfgs in that size on my fzj80 for a while, and yes they were squirmyLeave a comment:
-
This is great input, thank you! This is my first truck with bigger tires than stock, so this makes alot of sense.
Yes bushes will help, but your running 285/55's MTs those just feel like that no matter what you do, its just how they are. The Cooper ST Maxxes are a little better, but its just how they are in this size type. Thats a lot of side wall of course they are going to squirm a little bit when you swap directions at speedLeave a comment:
-
If you can find one with less than 250k and reasonably priced, I'll say sure.
It's impossible to ignore the friggin plethora of sub $5k rovers all over the place. P38s, discos, LR3s, etc. So tempting to buy one as a fixer upper, as long as you know what you're getting into.
Reminds me of the P-car 944 series. They used to be crazy cheap, and could be great cars with a little work and some spendy parts.Leave a comment:
-
I honestly don't find them any different than a modern BMW to work on, which I also don't find THAT bad.
I drive my Range probably 90% of the time (it is my daily) and find it more comfortable than anything else, while towing stuff and going to home depot!Leave a comment:
-
LANDCRUISER will fix all your shop time woes.
*ducks and runs
Yes bushes will help, but your running 285/55's MTs those just feel like that no matter what you do, its just how they are. The Cooper ST Maxxes are a little better, but its just how they are in this size type. Thats a lot of side wall of course they are going to squirm a little bit when you swap directions at speed! Has a 2in lift, 33" mudders, ARB front bumper, winch, and a few other cool goodies.
My only gripe with it is how tippy and unstable the truck feels over 60mph. From my understanding, new bushings everywhere can help with this? Any other tips of the trade I should look into?Leave a comment:
-
-
^having worked on an RRC, I can tell you the old ones are a pain in the ass to. The wiring is mayhemLeave a comment:
-
You guys who own anything JLR are crazy. After having to work on a few dozen of them. They are 100% a pain in the ass. At least the new ones are.Leave a comment:
-
-
so, after years of laughing at this thread and occasionally shitposting, I'm now semi-actively shopping for a D2. go me.Leave a comment:
-
That's a really good question. I purchased the Disco from a buddy of mine, so i'll have to ask him what springs were installed. The ride is firm over bumps and such but it definitely has a lot of roll, especially over 50mph
Thanks! That's a really sweet rig as wellLeave a comment:
-
I dig the Disco!
I posted pics elsewhere, but I brought the RR up north again and got the gf behind the wheel for the first time!

Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: