No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slammin, thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

Comment

Anyone have tips for keeping these things cool? Going to have to deal with this bullshit 90* weather for at least one more summer. Right now the cooling system is bone stock, but I'm looking into a GM fan swap, seems a few people on discoweb are happy with their Blazer fans. Other than that, what else? Maybe a Saudi grille?
      -Alex

Comment

Look into the GM thermostat mod.

Makes the tstat an inline type, and can drop temps down a lot.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Ah, don't know why I didn't think of that. Thank you Master Slammin
          -Alex

Comment

Looks like my family is getting an 01 Discovery SE lmao

Looking forward to getting it off the beaten track like it was designed to do.
            Last edited by Nesset; 05-13-2015, 06:52 PM.
            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5021840314.html

Anyone want Denis Reynold's RRC from Always Sunny? Kind of a cool back story but $10k seems steep to me even if they would actually pay you for use in the show.
              2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
              1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
              1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
              1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

Defenders are finally getting "cheap" in the US now that everyone and their aunt is importing them:

Im thinking only a few more months till there are decent sub 10k trucks on the market.

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  Defenders are finally getting "cheap" in the US now that everyone and their aunt is importing them:

Im thinking only a few more months till there are decent sub 10k trucks on the market.

Those "cheap" trucks need a fair amount of TLC. A nice one is still going to cost you about $30k. But you're right. It's amazing how many have been imported. It is reasonable to assume that as newer trucks keep coming in, the older ones will go down in price. But of course the price of NAS trucks is skyrocketing.
                  Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

Brilliant read by James May....

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew325is View Post
                      Those "cheap" trucks need a fair amount of TLC. A nice one is still going to cost you about $30k. But you're right. It's amazing how many have been imported. It is reasonable to assume that as newer trucks keep coming in, the older ones will go down in price. But of course the price of NAS trucks is skyrocketing.
                      Hey man I'll take a running 300tdi defender for 13k. At that price I can dump money into it to make a beast.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

The nice D1 I posted earlier (post 1346) is for sale locally in Western Montana if anyone is interested, and might be had for under $20,000.

It has a professional 300tdi conversion. Everything new. All the off-road goodies - lockers, dual batteries, etc. Fantastic condition.

You couldn't duplicate this truck for anywhere near this price, and I think it has about 100k miles, with a newer engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	r.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	7176851

Comment

I went hooning about in the mountains Saturday.

Comment

where was that in VA,

you keep that up, you better find some skid plates,

I have a 2012 Rubi, custom ordered for doing that stuff, 44's front and rear with 4:10's rubis have lockers,

looks fun, rover lost me with engine problems and there quality power window motors,
                            88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

notice my location, ESVA
                              88 M3 Lachsliber glass top, 90 IS project,

Comment

Lol, yeah, so far I've been lucky. Things have taken a beating.

I'm over in the opposite end of the state, Shenandoah Valley.

There is one pic I didn't show:

Not the trucks fault. I took a bad line and got stuck between the front diff and crossmember. I may have made it if I had CDL linkage, but the rock was in the way so I couldn't crawl under to engage CDL.

Oh well.....

I was first, so everyone else did what I did when I did drive over.....and no problems were had.

Comment

Working...
                                X