No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im sure i posted this already but here's the one i had...she was a 95. Im going to track her down and see if the owner i sold it to still has it.

Comment

My Wife's weekend warrior in Panama, she daily's an LR3 which we just purchased her and I have a defender 110 recently purchased as well.. no pics:(

day we picked her up
      sigpic

Comment

Defender 90 with 3.9 V8. Great fun. Still got loads to do to it.......yet another ongoing project.

thelowcartel: https://www.facebook.com/thelowcartel

Comment

Love Defenders

Comment

I love the older range rovers. I talked my mom into getting a p38 and its been an awesome SUV and the turning radius is surprisingly good. can pull a u-turn a lot easier than my subaru can. the Air suspension was destroyed so we did an arnott Coil spring conversion and its rides smooth as can be. Arnott used proper spring rates and height so the car has a nice level ride and is about the same hieght as air suspension on the middle setting.
            Last edited by kamotors; 11-06-2012, 07:31 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
              So, on my LWB I replaced two calipers, right rear and right front. On the right rear I had to replace the disc, wheel bearing, and ABS ring (old ring had seized in place). I did the rear w/ABS ring first, then went to do the front pads and noticed the front right caliper was seized. I drove the truck outside to sit for a bit (week or two) then got a caliper and did the job. Bled the brakes according to the Rovers North procedure.

Finally got the truck going and before I get 50 yards the ABS and traction control light come on. I diag that with the blink test and get a few codes. Clear them, drive again, and 2-7 (Continuous supply to ECU w/ignition off, faulty valve relay AB14 or wiring)keeps coming back. I replaced both relays, light still comes on, same code.

I've been driving like this for some time. Truck won't pass state inspection with the ABS light on, so I've got a 7/12 sticker. Recently the red brake light has started coming on, but would go off ~40mph. It's staying on longer now, if not indefinitely.

I'm stumped on both counts. I really need to get this thing inspected. I'm leaning towards replacing the ABS module for the 2-7 code. I just don't know what else to look into.

This red brake light, I thought it was for the parking brake. It's across from the ABS light. I'm assuming there is a sensor to let you know if the parking brake is left up?
              My red brake light was from the fluid level sensor in the M/C. Turns out I had a hard line about to blow out. CHECK YOUR LINES!!

Why don't you just disable the ABS system? Pull the module block & replumb lines to the proportioning valve. You'll need a T-fitting from a Defender. RovahFarm has them.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                My red brake light was from the fluid level sensor in the M/C. Turns out I had a hard line about to blow out. CHECK YOUR LINES!!

Why don't you just disable the ABS system? Pull the module block & replumb lines to the proportioning valve. You'll need a T-fitting from a Defender. RovahFarm has them.
                Hmm...

I checked the brake fluid and it is indeed low. Kinda ridiculous a light can mean so many different things.

As far as the ABS light, I'm fine with disabling it, but the light needs to come on and do the "bulb check" upon start up to pass inspection. Absolutely ridiculous, IMO. I know in BMW, Mercs, etc people will wire the bulb to the CEL so it just comes on with the check engine lamp. Can I do this in the Rover, or will it act normally?

I really have to get this done. Especially working with a county trooper.

I take it the T is NRC4251?
                Last edited by slammin.e28; 11-07-2012, 08:35 AM.
                1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                  I take it the T is NRC4251?
                  That is the one, afaik

Keep in mind that one of the ports on the proportioning valve is a larger fitting than the others. I'll send you a link to the how-to thread.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                    That is the one, afaik

Keep in mind that one of the ports on the proportioning valve is a larger fitting than the others. I'll send you a link to the how-to thread.
                    Awesome, much appreciated!

Comment

So I have been in the market for a Land Cruiser for a while now, but finding what I really want won't fit my budget.

So now I'm in the market for a clean Disco 1. I'm finding that I seem to just miss any potential good ones. Super bummed out about it and I really don't want to settle for a Disco 2.
                      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Noob question, whats the diff with Disco 2 vs Disco 1?

Side question about RRC, how expensive are the parts? The one i had was basically solid so i didnt really purchase anything for it...

Comment

Parts for the RRC are cheap and parts cars are easily found I have bought 3 95 parts trucks for around 500 and made some decent money parting them
                          sigpic
                          89 325i Offroad
                          89 325i
                          05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
                            Noob question, whats the diff with Disco 2 vs Disco 1?

Side question about RRC, how expensive are the parts? The one i had was basically solid so i didnt really purchase anything for it...
                            Disco 2 is bigger, bloated, and more complex IMO. It shares drivetrain with the P38, where the D1 is more related to the RRC and Defender.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              Disco 2 is bigger, bloated, and more complex IMO. It shares drivetrain with the P38, where the D1 is more related to the RRC and Defender.
                              Ahh, thank you!

Can you guys take a look at this CL ad i came across? I'm really liking this car more and more:

Comment

I'm feeling the itch for a red Disco I.

Comment

Working...
                                X