No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"wwwWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH...." ......mud splatters.....

Comment

M21 + intercooler + bigger tarbo = profit

While it would weigh nearly as much as the truck it self a slightly warmed up 12v 6bt...... (this is what I would do, with a NV4500 though would the RRC stock axle housings take the torque)

Or a more common small diesel swap though kinda costly, a 4bt...
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        M21 + intercooler + bigger tarbo = profit

While it would weigh nearly as much as the truck it self a slightly warmed up 12v 6bt...... (this is what I would do, with a NV4500 though would the RRC stock axle housings take the torque)

Or a more common small diesel swap though kinda costly, a 4bt...
        Was told this truck had a Cummins swap in it. The rear axle is a "Salisbury" Dana 60, stock.

The M21 though....it would be awesome, and fit the character. M30 prob too long....I kind of want to keep the sunk in center grille.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I just love to whore this thing out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a really nice Disco II at our local consignment lot, if anyone is looking. Its an 04 (no oil pump issues) Looks to have been a southern truck most of its life ( NO RUST other than very very minimal surface on a few edges underneath and has TX tags)

What I could see as it sits, for $8000.00
            04 Disco II in Alveston Red (Dark maroon, red) over Tan
            a couple of small door dings
            NO real scratching,
            Looks to be maintained well
            Tires are 65% Bridgestone Highway skins
            rear ladder has got some rust going on
            Drivers seat is a little dingey and beat up looking but no rips or tears or cracks I could see, Pass side looks great as do the backs and carpet
            has the 2 rear jump seats

Over all looks like a great DD/starting point for a fun rig. If I had not just bought an FJ I would be considering this for my self
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

8k for a 100k+ miles Disco 2?

Id understand maybe if It was euro TD5. But damn that seems high, I usually see similar sounding ones sell for like 2-3k.

or am I confusing them with disco 1's?
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Yeah you can find D II for that kinda money though I never seem to find them after looking for nearly 2 years. Those tend to be the early years for the II and a lot of the DI's and with a bit more mileage on them. Really the only D II you should really consider is the 04, it has the Center diff lock option (forgot to check this one) back from the factory and the oil pump issues resolved so they dont fail as often. And a couple of other reliability issues fixed. Because of those updates and them having a slight face lift and the newest of the breed they tend to command a bit higher price

Yeah seems kinda high I agree, If it were me I would walk away if I could not get it for 6500. if all the rest checks out, like full maintenance docs, Needs NOTHING and has had lots of recent costly maintenance done

William Pitt-

Comment

Just buy one with a bad engine and TD5 swap it :P Depending on your local nazi laws.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

Lol not going to disagree there just passing the find on is all

William Pitt-

Comment

I've been having some issues with the Disco lately. It developed a weird 30-50mph shake and sometimes I'll get a noise at low speed. I jacked the car up and decided it was most likely the front driveshaft since there was a little bit of radial play where the two halves come together. I figured I could pop the front shaft off, drive it around, and be certain. Well I can't get my center diff to lock.

I turned the nipple counter clock wise (when viewed from under the car, looking up) and the car wouldn't move in drive or reverse. When putting it back in park I got this really terrible rattling/grinding noise - although this might have been the bolts on the TC flange. I turned the nipple back to where it was before, and then tried again. Same thing. I turned the nipple in the clockwise direction this time, still got the same result. What the hell am I doing wrong? I've heard some say you have to move a little bit for it to engage, but I have about 2 feet of room before I start rolling down a steep hill and I'm not feeling very lucky.

Any help would be appreciated
                      -Alex

Comment

^^ Ever get it to work?

Almost seems to me that the diff lock isn't engaging/releasing all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                          I've been having some issues with the Disco lately. It developed a weird 30-50mph shake and sometimes I'll get a noise at low speed. I jacked the car up and decided it was most likely the front driveshaft since there was a little bit of radial play where the two halves come together. I figured I could pop the front shaft off, drive it around, and be certain. Well I can't get my center diff to lock.

Any help would be appreciated
                          Litterally had this issue with my p38 the other day. Drove it down the street then snap sounded like a blown tire. I sheered the U joint to the transfer case connect to the front drive shaft. The driveshaft itself smacked around the undercarriage pretty good and smashed up the trans oil pan. Luckily it happened next to some guy wrenching on their car, and I borrowed some tools to get the driveshaft removed and drove it home. This is the second time this has happened with this p38...

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                          DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            ^^ Ever get it to work?

Almost seems to me that the diff lock isn't engaging/releasing all the way.
                            I got it to work... sort of. I put the driveshaft back on, drove it around in the locked position and it locked up and the lights came on. Tried to unlock it and the lights stayed on... although I am pretty sure it is not locked anymore. Idk what's going on lol

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                            Litterally had this issue with my p38 the other day. Drove it down the street then snap sounded like a blown tire. I sheered the U joint to the transfer case connect to the front drive shaft. The driveshaft itself smacked around the undercarriage pretty good and smashed up the trans oil pan. Luckily it happened next to some guy wrenching on their car, and I borrowed some tools to get the driveshaft removed and drove it home. This is the second time this has happened with this p38...
                            Damn, that's no good. Though it sounds like you got off easy, I've heard stories of smashed up transmissions and all sorts of madness.

I just rebuilt my front driveshaft this weekend. Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. The rear driveshaft was worse IMO, I changed the "rotoflex" guibo thing and replaced the bushing in the driveshaft while I was in there. Huge pain in the ass, that bushing.

Truck rides smooth as silk now. If only I could figure out what's up with my transfer case. There's an access panel right where the locking lever is, maybe I can pop that off and get a look at what's going on
                            -Alex

Comment

After not driving it for months I was out running around in my Classic last night. Needs new tires badly which it will be getting tomorrow. I always forget how much I love driving this old truck.

2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
                              1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
                              1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
                              1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

Somebody talk me out of this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details....dId=1122901891
                                Originally posted by priapism
                                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                                Originally posted by shameson
                                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
                                X