X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wworm View Post
    IMG_3847

IMG_3849

I see this beauty a few times a week, parked around the corner from my house. Love this thing.
    License plate is nonsensical to the uninitiated!
    Below the radar...

Comment

I see this beauty a few times a week, parked around the corner from my house. Love this thing.
      Now that's a Land Rover!

Comment

Originally posted by UNHCLL View Post
        License plate is nonsensical to the uninitiated!
        please share

Also, I flew out to FL to help my best friend get his RRC/first car/first major catastrophe back together as he plans to drive the thing back to CA in a few weeks. The interiors on these cars are amazing.
        IMG_3827

This is where it was when I flew in
        IMG_3744

This was our set up for the weekend (predicted thunderstorms all weekend, luckily the storm avoided us)
        IMG_3743

Managed to get a few test drives in before my flight home. These trucks are ridiculous, using metric and SAE bolts, nonsensical accessory layouts and everything. If it werent for the shmorgasbord of an engine bay I'd be all over these. One of the best looking SUV's in my book.
        Last edited by wworm; 06-07-2018, 02:37 PM.
        1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

please share
          SIIA109 looks like nonsense to the average person, but reads Series IIA 109" to Land Rover nut.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
            SIIA109 looks like nonsense to the average person, but reads Series IIA 109" to Land Rover nut.
            thats sick
            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Am I a crazy person for considering an l322 with over 130k miles on it? Seeing some decent deals on higher mileage l322's lately and am really wanting one. The wife is British, and I love being different...Am I a glutton for punishment in this thought?

Comment

Is it an early or late L322?
                -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                '95 525iT
                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                  Is it an early or late L322?
                  I'v been looking at the early l322's. I like the idea of the BMW motor and electronics as i'm comfortable with them.

Comment

Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
                    Am I a crazy person for considering an l322 with over 130k miles on it? Seeing some decent deals on higher mileage l322's lately and am really wanting one. The wife is British, and I love being different...Am I a glutton for punishment in this thought?
                    Originally posted by haaken675 View Post
                    I'v been looking at the early l322's. I like the idea of the BMW motor and electronics as i'm comfortable with them.
                    Timing chain issues on the BMW engines seem to be the biggest item.

Not exactly the same, but I bought my 07 RR Sport S/C with 101k. I have 104k on the clock and have replaced all the fluids (over $900 for parts/labor), front wheel bearing, fixed the plugged drain tubes + readjusted the leaking sunroof 2x + replaced the front windshield cowl because it was allowing literally a gallon of water into the passenger foot well during every big rainstorm, front sway bar bushings, I have a loose lower control arm bushing now, replaced the alternator, and now I've got an electronic parking brake failure and electrical brake related issue that looks like it would be in the neighborhood of $1200-1800. I'm not fixing the parking brake, decided to pull the fuse instead so it shuts the fuck up.

All in all I'm well over $3k into maintenance, damn near $1/mile, and that's not including the 16.2 mpg.

Overall, still worth it :)

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Rode around in my son's '06 LR3 last weekend, in the middle of nowhere on rocky, rutted roads. So nice, great firm ride, great seats, comfortable, starts up smooth, dawg loves the way back....nice truck.

Comment

Also, I flew out to FL to help my best friend get his RRC/first car/first major catastrophe back together as he plans to drive the thing back to CA in a few weeks. The interiors on these cars are amazing.
                        IMG_3827
                        Same exact color as our first one....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06071.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	7197500

Comment

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

awesome. He made it back a few weeks ago, with no problems on the car at all. Stopped at that new Rover Shop in Austin to have them rebuild his front brakes and install a working wiper motor.

Went on his first Californian OHV adventure with a buddy in a first gen 4runner.

Also my moms neighbor recently acquired a fun new (ooooold) truck
                          1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Nice. White and galvanized with white steelies is the only way to have these...IMO.

Comment

BaT - original NAS 110. So tidy.

What will it go for do you suppose?

Bid for the chance to own a 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 NAS 5-Speed at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #11,612.

Name:	1993_land_rover_defender_110_nas.jpg
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	7197523

Name:	1993 land_rover_defender_110_nas chassis.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	7197524

Comment

6 figures likely pushing 150k
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X