OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys.

New to Land Rover but always lusted for one from afar. Well I got my opportunity to get into a 97' Disco I that was outfitted to my liking! Has a 2in lift, 33" mudders, ARB front bumper, winch, and a few other cool goodies.

My only gripe with it is how tippy and unstable the truck feels over 60mph. From my understanding, new bushings everywhere can help with this? Any other tips of the trade I should look into?

Pics of said rig

-Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Looks good! Do the springs seem soft and kind of wallow-y? Like maybe it was lifted with spacers and not stiffer springs? Stock ones are pretty soft and they roll a lot. We put Old Man Emu kit on our '95, so it was 2" higher but really firm and controlled.

Comment

I dig the Disco!

I posted pics elsewhere, but I brought the RR up north again and got the gf behind the wheel for the first time!

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          Looks good! Do the springs seem soft and kind of wallow-y? Like maybe it was lifted with spacers and not stiffer springs? Stock ones are pretty soft and they roll a lot. We put Old Man Emu kit on our '95, so it was 2" higher but really firm and controlled.
          That's a really good question. I purchased the Disco from a buddy of mine, so i'll have to ask him what springs were installed. The ride is firm over bumps and such but it definitely has a lot of roll, especially over 50mph

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
          I dig the Disco!

I posted pics elsewhere, but I brought the RR up north again and got the gf behind the wheel for the first time!

Thanks! That's a really sweet rig as well
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

so, after years of laughing at this thread and occasionally shitposting, I'm now semi-actively shopping for a D2. go me.
            cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
              so, after years of laughing at this thread and occasionally shitposting, I'm now semi-actively shopping for a D2. go me.
              oh jeeze not another shop car
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

You guys who own anything JLR are crazy. After having to work on a few dozen of them. They are 100% a pain in the ass. At least the new ones are.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

^having worked on an RRC, I can tell you the old ones are a pain in the ass to. The wiring is mayhem
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

And yet I still lust after them. Marketing victim!
                    BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Marketing victim!
                      Same here :rofl:

I've been eyeing up the LR3 lately, thinking how nice one with a solid coil 2" lift conversion with some meaty tires would look

2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

LANDCRUISER will fix all your shop time woes.

*ducks and runs

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                        ! Has a 2in lift, 33" mudders, ARB front bumper, winch, and a few other cool goodies.

My only gripe with it is how tippy and unstable the truck feels over 60mph. From my understanding, new bushings everywhere can help with this? Any other tips of the trade I should look into?
                        Yes bushes will help, but your running 285/55's MTs those just feel like that no matter what you do, its just how they are. The Cooper ST Maxxes are a little better, but its just how they are in this size type. Thats a lot of side wall of course they are going to squirm a little bit when you swap directions at speed
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
                          You guys who own anything JLR are crazy. After having to work on a few dozen of them. They are 100% a pain in the ass. At least the new ones are.
                          I honestly don't find them any different than a modern BMW to work on, which I also don't find THAT bad.

I drive my Range probably 90% of the time (it is my daily) and find it more comfortable than anything else, while towing stuff and going to home depot!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            LANDCRUISER will fix all your shop time woes.

*ducks and runs

If you can find one with less than 250k and reasonably priced, I'll say sure.

It's impossible to ignore the friggin plethora of sub $5k rovers all over the place. P38s, discos, LR3s, etc. So tempting to buy one as a fixer upper, as long as you know what you're getting into.

Reminds me of the P-car 944 series. They used to be crazy cheap, and could be great cars with a little work and some spendy parts.
                            BEERTECH

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post

Yes bushes will help, but your running 285/55's MTs those just feel like that no matter what you do, its just how they are. The Cooper ST Maxxes are a little better, but its just how they are in this size type. Thats a lot of side wall of course they are going to squirm a little bit when you swap directions at speed
                              This is great input, thank you! This is my first truck with bigger tires than stock, so this makes alot of sense.
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

I am sorry typo... you have 255/85's on there not 55 series side walls.... I ran a set of those bfgs in that size on my fzj80 for a while, and yes they were squirmy
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X