X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern
    replied
    Is that a 5th gen X1 Carbon?
    I bought a 3rd gen off ebay last fall with an i7-4600u, 8GB ram, 256gb SSD, battery life is great, and I was also surprised with 2560x1440 touchscreen.
    a fair bit older than yours, but I still love it for dragging to/from school. Runs solidworks surprisingly well (but I had to disable SW's stupid ram alerts).
    It was a fair bit cheaper than anything else with the same specs, no idea why.
    I even found the matching dock with power brick and cables for $50, so I ran it in lieu of a desktop until this september and it performed very well (besides a lot of Win10 fuckery, but that's it's own problem)

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	9881432

Got this thing off eBay. Came with a little surprise too in the form of a touch screen.

Edit: Looks like it also came with a dGPU as well lol. Surprise!
    Last edited by rturbo 930; 10-28-2019, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
    2: 2002 4Runner 4WD to replace my E30 S54 that sold on BAT, and a Mavic Pro Platinum:

Nice!!

Leave a comment:

• R3Z3N
    replied
    2: 2002 4Runner 4WD to replace my E30 S54 that sold on BAT, and a Mavic Pro Platinum:

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    2019-10-21_11-07-13 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

2019-10-22_09-32-41 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-22-2019, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    New Old Stock m20 9.4:1 Euro pistons, next to it a stock US Spec m20b25 piston (note the valve reliefs).

Click image for larger version

Name:	m20 9_4 to 1 pistons_2.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	9878235

Leave a comment:

• Habla
    replied
    A moldy slick:

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Not much tooling, but really a non--concern. The lathe is now the second oldest machine in the shop - the other one is a 1952 Delta Toolmaker. All I need for the lathe is HSS stock, drills (plenty of them already), and some end mills that can be chucked/collet'd. :)

That little machine is too cool. I sent some pics of the Logan to my mentor, he was impressed by the specs of it. It's old, but fortunately the grandson of the Logan lathe founder is still alive and kept all the inventory, so nearly all the parts/manuals are still available.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    awesome firebird! i see it came with a quick change tool post. that will come in handy. did you get some tooling with it? i can't even fathom 224 threads/inch!!! that would be one crazy screw. the good news is that you can do it if you want to.

here is my little toy. i bought it for doing clock work mostly. this one is way too small for automotive work

these are chinese collets (metric and sae)and a collet holder

i posted this elsewhere here, but i switched out to a big honking variable speed dc motor and controller

qctp setup for the little guy

a little modification so i can spin polish tubes up to 6' long.

i also have a thread cutting attachment and about 13 patterns for metric and sae threads. i havent taken a photo of it though.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    ^ Very nice !

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Picked up a 1961 vintage 9"x28" lathe.

Name:	3_20190829_131324.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	9867398

Kinda small, but it can do 4 to 244 threads per inch - and is just large enough to fit a b28 crank for turning bob weights :D

Name:	2_20190829_131337.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	9867399

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Nice Prado. Congrats should serve you well

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• goldenE30
    replied

Still need to install 2m shift boot and brake boot I bought last weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
    Have always wanted one and finally found one in my backyard

1981 Glasply with the BMW B130 I/O Drive.

It looks much better in pictures, and will need the engine rebuilt (seized at the moment) plus a full interior and a good buffing, but its completely original and all there.

Should be cruising the lake in full 1980's Glory next year.

James, how about a build thread on this ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X