Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staszek
    replied
    Had this made out of wood for my newborn, starting him off right!

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Bit the bullet and finally snagged Snap-On deep 1/2" drive metric sockets, came free with a breaker bar and ratchet. Couldn't resist the sale.

Click image for larger version

Name:	310TSM.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	9897410

Name:	SHL80A.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	9897411

Name:	SHBB24.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	9897412

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Finally snagged one of these cheap bastards. Will indubitably lead to hundreds, if not thousands of dickbutts

Name:	D5V0_GJMI2LJ__WJ_9_MPE_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1543225527.png
Views:	438
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	9897407

Leave a comment:

• Conrad311
    replied

Name:	C0DCADF1-3E72-4271-ADEC-343271A36AC1.jpeg
Views:	497
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	9896924
    New Grizzly 8” grinder and a wire wheel, on of the most useful things for cleaning up old parts and bolts that you reuse. Plus you can put cotton buffs into it and use it to polish all sorts of stuff.

this thing is a beast and seems much better quality/ smoother than the dewalt 8” unit I had last. And it was only like $111 shipped on amazon.

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    Did some nitro flex tiles on the garage floor. Really like them they are not the hard plastic ones so they are quiet and really easy to clean.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Lorin...... Sorry I missed your question on the last page I just saw it a day or 2 ago. The Square wave 200 is a great hobbiest machine and since this is my 1st real attempt to mess with TIG its working out pretty well. Its mostly just practice practice practice, and am about 1 and 1/2 bottles of argon in, and I am starting to see some visual improvment and kinda getting it all figured out. Its got enough control to grow into but not intimidating, yeah it costs a bit more than some of the better import units with less features but I am RED or BLUE box guy when it comes glueing metal togeather and I went this route for local support after the sale if need be.

All this said, here is my latest shop acquisition, the coolest beer/refreshment shop fridge ever.....
    1950 International Harvester Fridge YES IT WORKS keeps beer frosty cold, and still has all the factory shelves, and the orginal sales/service sticker on the back from a town near by from 1950. (yes the tractor and scout people) built refrigeration equipment for about 8 years in the late 40's and early 50's until they sold the division to whirlpool. A buddy of my has had this stashed in the back of his shop for as long as I can remember. I have been bugging him for it for about as long, and the other day he offered it up for a price I could not turn down..... So I went and got a quart of IH 2150 red, and we preped it and sprayed it the other day. They were only made in white but its not and IH if its not #50, 2150 or Gloss RED. Still a couple little things to do on it, but its still AWESOME...... Even my 93 year old Gma was thrilled to see pics, as my Grandparents were IH people and they had a big ass IH industrial walk in Cooler on the farm in the early 50's

yeah I know I have to paint that wall..... its on the list
    IMG_3853 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_3857 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    IDK what I did to that previous post....

Name:	20191202_174829.jpg
Views:	569
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9889514

Name:	20191202_173302.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	9889515

Name:	20191202_143410.jpg
Views:	558
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	9889516

Name:	20191202_173422.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	9889517

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Got a vapor blast setup. The rig is still a little messy, but got some pics of the results of random things thrown in...

Leave a comment:

• LowR3V'in
    replied
    new turbo
    New turb by jet jones, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Staszek
    replied
    , Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	9885552
    So this happened, removing the Depos and going from HID to LED with stock wiring plug and play.

I hate this site sometimes. My car went from Vaders with throwing in an S52, to as close to stock as possible with an S54, my wallet hates me.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Picked up a 1961 vintage 9"x28" lathe.
    That is cool.

When I was a teenaged punk trying to figure out how to fix things, my neighbor across the alley was the retired head mechanic of the downtown Denver Cadillac dealer. He was a wizard and a character, Bud Hashburger. He restored classic and antique cars in his shop, and swapped Cadillac V8s into anything that rolled.

I sheared an important bolt from my '69 Bronco on a Sunday afternoon, before parts stores were open on Sundays, and of course I had to have this car finished by Monday morning. I went over there in my slight panic to ask what to do. He didn't say anything, just set his beer down, took the broken bolt, rummaged through some stuff, measured it, and tossed a piece of stock in his lathe. Bzzzzzzzt...and I have a brand new hardened bolt with perfect threads! He just handed it to me.

I've loved old lathes since that day.

Leave a comment:

• LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Very nice, Sleeve !!

Have you used it much yet ? What do you think of it ? I've got an older Invertec that has served me well so far.

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    Yeah lol. Got better specs than I bargained for too. Hoping to make this one last a solid 8+ years. My old one is just shy of 7 years old. It's also noticeably smaller than my old one, probably 3/4" narrower, and quite a bit thinner, as well as a full pound lighter.

Still need to get it dialed in a bit more. Screen is way too yellow, hoping I can fix that with a calibration. Two finger scroll is way too slow even though I have it set to max, seems to be limited by Win10. Also having a hard time being accurate with the touch pad. Might just have to get used to it. Unfortunately, there's not as many settings/adjustments available as compared to the old one. Otherwise, pretty pleased with it though.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    I've spent a ton of time making it not auto update/reboot without warning after I lost a few things I left open. Also removing the tiles from start menu and stopping it from bringing up an ad for some app every time I try to search for a file, because I inevitably hit enter just as it pops up with some app it wants me to download.
    This wouldn't be hard, but with every update they seem to patch any existing method to do this, so it's hard to find something that works.

Those specs are bitchin'. The new T-series are way slimmer than the old ones, I expected that to be a carbon because it looks so thin lol

Leave a comment:

• rturbo 930
    replied
    T480s. i7-8650U, 24GB Ram, 512GB SSD, 2yrs and change of warranty. Also, apparently, has a touch screen, and MX150 graphics card, neither of which were listed in the listing. I'm assuming it has the graphics card since when I went into task manager, I noticed it has GPU0, which is the intel 620, and GPU1 which was the MX150. I'm hoping to change out the screen for a 4k screen at some point in the future, probably after warranty is up, since the non-4k screens kinda suck in typical ThinkPad fashion. Gonna try to calibrate it to see if that helps for now. There's a handful of other things that need dialing in as well.

This is my first Win10 laptop, we'll see how much I like it. My T430s still works pretty well, but it needs another new battery and another new power cord, and I decided it was simply time to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X