Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
    Agreed! I just got a new Griots DA buffer!!
    Nice. I hope you like it! I still rock a 6" random orbital for the most part.
    My previous build (currently E30-less)
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
      I haven't used their products yet. I hear they are good, I just learned on chemical guys so i prefer them.
      Definitely. I learned most of what I know at the beginning from Chemical Guys youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
        Definitely. I learned most of what I know at the beginning from Chemical Guys youtube videos.

Yea their youtube channel is very helpful taught me alot as well. The next polisher I buy will be a rupes thats the polisher i learned on and they are just amazing.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
          Nice. I hope you like it! I still rock a 6" random orbital for the most part.
          It works well!! I used their pads and Mequiars Product this past weekend. I am no where near an expert!

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

^^ That looks very very nice.

Newer(ish) cars always shine up so nice.

Comment

Speaking of detailing supplies. I've been using leathermasters for cleaning and conditioning. I'd like to try something new and perhaps stronger to get "kid grime" off the family car interior. Suggestions?
              F80 ///M3 CS
              i3 REx LCI
              Previous: F80 M3 • I01 i3 REx • F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250

Comment

Originally posted by jmg View Post
                Speaking of detailing supplies. I've been using leathermasters for cleaning and conditioning. I'd like to try something new and perhaps stronger to get "kid grime" off the family car interior. Suggestions?

Lexol is a great product.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Leatherique is a better product.
                  Originally posted by kronus
                  would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post

Never used it before. I tried the lexol and it was amazing especially on my old italvolanti. You can also use elephant wax for the leather thats supposedly some of the best stuff out there but not cheap. Last i checked it was like 30-40 bucks a can.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                      Second on Leatherique. My steering wheel is like brand new matte finish due to using it.

Its the reverse usage that you are used to and it takes some time, the longer you can let it sit the better.

After vacuuming and wiping down the seat you actually condition before the cleaner.

Put a liberal amount on the seats and seams with your hand or a sponge brush then let it bake in the sun with the windows closed for 24 hours or longer if you can, cant stress enough it needs heat to work. If you try to do it in the winter you will have to cover with a bag and heat with a hairdryer. Then go back and use the cleaner and a leather brush to scrub the cleaner in. Take a warm damp cloth and remove all the cleaner, (you will probably change the water in the bucket a few times it gets dirty) then buff with a dry cloth.

These seats are 4 years old and the top is pretty much down all the time. I only do it once a year, wish I had time to do more but they come out like new every time. I am doing it for the first time on the E38 that car probably has never really been conditioned much, I am curious how soft they will feel after.

Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Leatherique turned the beef jerky indigo seats in my cabrio back to leather, well worth the money.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Here she is in all her glory...

I'm still trying to decide if I should build it or part it?

Comment

Why would you part it?

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                              Why would you part it?
                              It doesn't have am engine or transmission, and the interior is in bad shape.

At the same time though it's rust free so might be worth saving.

Comment

Mechanical and interior issues are easily remedied compared to rusty/wrinkled cars.

Don't part out straight cars, people.
                                Originally posted by kronus
                                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
                                X