X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Picked up a 1961 vintage 9"x28" lathe.
    That is cool.

When I was a teenaged punk trying to figure out how to fix things, my neighbor across the alley was the retired head mechanic of the downtown Denver Cadillac dealer. He was a wizard and a character, Bud Hashburger. He restored classic and antique cars in his shop, and swapped Cadillac V8s into anything that rolled.

I sheared an important bolt from my '69 Bronco on a Sunday afternoon, before parts stores were open on Sundays, and of course I had to have this car finished by Monday morning. I went over there in my slight panic to ask what to do. He didn't say anything, just set his beer down, took the broken bolt, rummaged through some stuff, measured it, and tossed a piece of stock in his lathe. Bzzzzzzzt...and I have a brand new hardened bolt with perfect threads! He just handed it to me.

I've loved old lathes since that day.

Comment

, Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	9885552
      So this happened, removing the Depos and going from HID to LED with stock wiring plug and play.

I hate this site sometimes. My car went from Vaders with throwing in an S52, to as close to stock as possible with an S54, my wallet hates me.
      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

new turbo
        New turb by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Got a vapor blast setup. The rig is still a little messy, but got some pics of the results of random things thrown in...

john@m20guru.com
          Links:
          Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

IDK what I did to that previous post....

Click image for larger version

Name:	20191202_174829.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	9889514

Name:	20191202_173302.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	9889515

Name:	20191202_143410.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	9889516

Name:	20191202_173422.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	9889517
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Lorin...... Sorry I missed your question on the last page I just saw it a day or 2 ago. The Square wave 200 is a great hobbiest machine and since this is my 1st real attempt to mess with TIG its working out pretty well. Its mostly just practice practice practice, and am about 1 and 1/2 bottles of argon in, and I am starting to see some visual improvment and kinda getting it all figured out. Its got enough control to grow into but not intimidating, yeah it costs a bit more than some of the better import units with less features but I am RED or BLUE box guy when it comes glueing metal togeather and I went this route for local support after the sale if need be.

All this said, here is my latest shop acquisition, the coolest beer/refreshment shop fridge ever.....
              1950 International Harvester Fridge YES IT WORKS keeps beer frosty cold, and still has all the factory shelves, and the orginal sales/service sticker on the back from a town near by from 1950. (yes the tractor and scout people) built refrigeration equipment for about 8 years in the late 40's and early 50's until they sold the division to whirlpool. A buddy of my has had this stashed in the back of his shop for as long as I can remember. I have been bugging him for it for about as long, and the other day he offered it up for a price I could not turn down..... So I went and got a quart of IH 2150 red, and we preped it and sprayed it the other day. They were only made in white but its not and IH if its not #50, 2150 or Gloss RED. Still a couple little things to do on it, but its still AWESOME...... Even my 93 year old Gma was thrilled to see pics, as my Grandparents were IH people and they had a big ass IH industrial walk in Cooler on the farm in the early 50's

yeah I know I have to paint that wall..... its on the list
              IMG_3853 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_3857 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Did some nitro flex tiles on the garage floor. Really like them they are not the hard plastic ones so they are quiet and really easy to clean.

Comment

Name:	C0DCADF1-3E72-4271-ADEC-343271A36AC1.jpeg
Views:	495
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	9896924
                  New Grizzly 8” grinder and a wire wheel, on of the most useful things for cleaning up old parts and bolts that you reuse. Plus you can put cotton buffs into it and use it to polish all sorts of stuff.

this thing is a beast and seems much better quality/ smoother than the dewalt 8” unit I had last. And it was only like $111 shipped on amazon.
                  "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                  Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Finally snagged one of these cheap bastards. Will indubitably lead to hundreds, if not thousands of dickbutts

Name:	D5V0_GJMI2LJ__WJ_9_MPE_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1543225527.png
Views:	437
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	9897407

Comment

Bit the bullet and finally snagged Snap-On deep 1/2" drive metric sockets, came free with a breaker bar and ratchet. Couldn't resist the sale.

Name:	310TSM.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	9897410

Name:	SHL80A.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	9897411

Name:	SHBB24.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	9897412
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

Had this made out of wood for my newborn, starting him off right!

Comment

Bought a new PC

Dell Alienware Aurora R8 Desktop, Intel Core i5-9600K 4.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SATA HDD + 256GB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB OC

Name:	4168dT0mMhL._AC_.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	9903721
                          I do things.

Comment

^
                            Cue the should've built your own system folks.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              ^
                              Cue the should've built your own system folks.
                              Lol

I've built hundreds of PC's in my life, I'm over it.
                              I also did price it out, and while the components would be better, MSI boards, Corsair Ram, etc. it was definitely much more expensive, totaling about $500 more.
                              This was the right price, has a warranty, and runs Quake II RTX @ 50 fps.

To them I say "Come at me bro"
                              I do things.

Comment

Want to get back into mtn biking 'all mountain' style.

Picked up this 2016 Pivot Mach 6 - Carbon last Friday.

2016 Mach 6 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Feels good to be back on one. Though I have to recondition my ass area, as it feels like I've been pounded by a big guy named Bubba.
                                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Working...
                                X