• Show
Clear All

Picked up a 1961 vintage 9"x28" lathe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3_20190829_131324.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	9867398

Kinda small, but it can do 4 to 244 threads per inch - and is just large enough to fit a b28 crank for turning bob weights :D

Name:	2_20190829_131337.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	9867399

john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

^ Very nice !
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

awesome firebird! i see it came with a quick change tool post. that will come in handy. did you get some tooling with it? i can't even fathom 224 threads/inch!!! that would be one crazy screw. the good news is that you can do it if you want to.

here is my little toy. i bought it for doing clock work mostly. this one is way too small for automotive work

these are chinese collets (metric and sae)and a collet holder

i posted this elsewhere here, but i switched out to a big honking variable speed dc motor and controller

qctp setup for the little guy

a little modification so i can spin polish tubes up to 6' long.

i also have a thread cutting attachment and about 13 patterns for metric and sae threads. i havent taken a photo of it though.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Not much tooling, but really a non--concern. The lathe is now the second oldest machine in the shop - the other one is a 1952 Delta Toolmaker. All I need for the lathe is HSS stock, drills (plenty of them already), and some end mills that can be chucked/collet'd. :)

That little machine is too cool. I sent some pics of the Logan to my mentor, he was impressed by the specs of it. It's old, but fortunately the grandson of the Logan lathe founder is still alive and kept all the inventory, so nearly all the parts/manuals are still available.
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

A moldy slick:
            -Peter
            '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
            '91 318is slicktop project
            '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
            '00 Tundra

Comment

New Old Stock m20 9.4:1 Euro pistons, next to it a stock US Spec m20b25 piston (note the valve reliefs).

Name:	m20 9_4 to 1 pistons_2.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	9878235
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:

Comment

2019-10-21_11-07-13 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

2019-10-22_09-32-41 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                Last edited by mrsleeve; 10-22-2019, 08:41 PM.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

2: 2002 4Runner 4WD to replace my E30 S54 that sold on BAT, and a Mavic Pro Platinum:

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                    2: 2002 4Runner 4WD to replace my E30 S54 that sold on BAT, and a Mavic Pro Platinum:

Nice!!
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	9881432

Got this thing off eBay. Came with a little surprise too in the form of a touch screen.

Edit: Looks like it also came with a dGPU as well lol. Surprise!
                      Last edited by rturbo 930; 10-28-2019, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Is that a 5th gen X1 Carbon?
                        I bought a 3rd gen off ebay last fall with an i7-4600u, 8GB ram, 256gb SSD, battery life is great, and I was also surprised with 2560x1440 touchscreen.
                        a fair bit older than yours, but I still love it for dragging to/from school. Runs solidworks surprisingly well (but I had to disable SW's stupid ram alerts).
                        It was a fair bit cheaper than anything else with the same specs, no idea why.
                        I even found the matching dock with power brick and cables for $50, so I ran it in lieu of a desktop until this september and it performed very well (besides a lot of Win10 fuckery, but that's it's own problem)
                        Originally posted by priapism
                        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                        Originally posted by shameson
                        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

T480s. i7-8650U, 24GB Ram, 512GB SSD, 2yrs and change of warranty. Also, apparently, has a touch screen, and MX150 graphics card, neither of which were listed in the listing. I'm assuming it has the graphics card since when I went into task manager, I noticed it has GPU0, which is the intel 620, and GPU1 which was the MX150. I'm hoping to change out the screen for a 4k screen at some point in the future, probably after warranty is up, since the non-4k screens kinda suck in typical ThinkPad fashion. Gonna try to calibrate it to see if that helps for now. There's a handful of other things that need dialing in as well.

This is my first Win10 laptop, we'll see how much I like it. My T430s still works pretty well, but it needs another new battery and another new power cord, and I decided it was simply time to upgrade.

Comment

I've spent a ton of time making it not auto update/reboot without warning after I lost a few things I left open. Also removing the tiles from start menu and stopping it from bringing up an ad for some app every time I try to search for a file, because I inevitably hit enter just as it pops up with some app it wants me to download.
                            This wouldn't be hard, but with every update they seem to patch any existing method to do this, so it's hard to find something that works.

Those specs are bitchin'. The new T-series are way slimmer than the old ones, I expected that to be a carbon because it looks so thin lol
                            Originally posted by priapism
                            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                            Originally posted by shameson
                            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Yeah lol. Got better specs than I bargained for too. Hoping to make this one last a solid 8+ years. My old one is just shy of 7 years old. It's also noticeably smaller than my old one, probably 3/4" narrower, and quite a bit thinner, as well as a full pound lighter.

Still need to get it dialed in a bit more. Screen is way too yellow, hoping I can fix that with a calibration. Two finger scroll is way too slow even though I have it set to max, seems to be limited by Win10. Also having a hard time being accurate with the touch pad. Might just have to get used to it. Unfortunately, there's not as many settings/adjustments available as compared to the old one. Otherwise, pretty pleased with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Very nice, Sleeve !!

Have you used it much yet ? What do you think of it ? I've got an older Invertec that has served me well so far.
                                Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                                The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X