Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Found out my slicktop is a european market car. Sorta? Coming to conclusion it was bought buy someone in the army over in Germany and he asked for a domestic market car.
    Neat! I went to go get keys and take a picture of my 318i manual (not a slicktop) that is the same way.

Then I realized that it's at the body shop after someone lightly tagged the rear bumper while it was parked! :(

In any case mine went from Germany to Hawaii (for a short time thankfully) to Texas to Florida, where I bought it and took it home to Maryland after a year or two.

Comment

This crazy homeless guy I've known for about 9 years, who just recently got out of jail, again, rolls up on a hayabusa tonight. What in the actual fuck....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Stolen bikes dont cost money?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
          thats pretty damn cool.

I thought so too. Wasn't expecting to find that when going through its records I emailed the dealership just to see if they kept records.

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
          Neat! I went to go get keys and take a picture of my 318i manual (not a slicktop) that is the same way.

Then I realized that it's at the body shop after someone lightly tagged the rear bumper while it was parked! :(

In any case mine went from Germany to Hawaii (for a short time thankfully) to Texas to Florida, where I bought it and took it home to Maryland after a year or two.

Thats sweet. I wondered how many people did that back then. Mine had kind of a crazy journey too. Seems it was bought in Germany shipped to cedar rapids Iowa where it was repossessed by the bank and sold at auction to the people i bought it from or the guy sold it at auction. When I got the car and had yet to renew the title the previous owner was a credit union.

My other euro car was likely imported same way but the soldier bought a european market car instead of a domestic to ship over.

Sucks she got body damage but glad to see it wasn't anything major and its getting fixed promptly

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
          1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
          Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
          Mtech 2 turbo restoration
          Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Stolen bikes dont cost money?

He bought it with the 100k inheritance he got while he was in jail. Haha! This is going to be ridiculously interesting to see what this guy is going to do with 100k

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

sounds like he's off to a great start.
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

sounds like he's off to a great start.
                This guy is INSANE. If I wrote a story about the 9 years I've known him, people would not believe it haha.. He's a gay drug addict, schizophrenic, violent, half japanese 57 year old man who I've seen get into knife fights 2 feet in front of me LOL.

He actually turned his lift around after 8 years, he stopped doing meth and got a job as an electrician again and bought himself a car. But he fucked all that up and went to jail for brandishing a weapon in a road rage incident. Then he gets out and has a house and 100k in the bank...

Comment

^ "INSANE"

Is that your word for the day?

Just wondering if you are challenging this quote below:

Haha. So happy to be of service.

You guys could probably come up with almost any rediculous word and within a couple days I could probably make up a silly story to go around it.

I guess we probably ought to carry these shananagans over to the nonsense thread.
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                    ^ "INSANE"

Yeah haha

I'm going to use it in ever post today, it's going to be INSANE

Comment

Trying to prep my iX today for the guy to come trade, and holy shit there's a lot I need to accomplish.

Managed to get the fixed back seats out, then the rear seat to get through the ski-pass cutout and unlock the trunk.
                      Cleared out the interior and installed door cards/rear seat again, plus a bunch of dash/center console stuff.

Removed turbo mani/wg/oil filter relocation setup/shit.
                      Installed engine mount "tower"/mount/mount arm/stock oil cooler/housing, fuel rail/injectors/horn...

Still need to reinstall coil/wires/cap/rotor/rad/all intake, then I'm done up front
                      Then I need to swap wheels, shocks from my iS, find exhaust/bumpers/valence/kamotors flares/anything else I want gone...

I think I'm just posting this to have an excuse to not work on that fucking car for 5 more minutes.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                        Trying to prep my iX today for the guy to come trade, and holy shit there's a lot I need to accomplish.

Managed to get the fixed back seats out, then the rear seat to get through the ski-pass cutout and unlock the trunk.
                        Cleared out the interior and installed door cards/rear seat again, plus a bunch of dash/center console stuff.

Removed turbo mani/wg/oil filter relocation setup/shit.
                        Installed engine mount "tower"/mount/mount arm/stock oil cooler/housing, fuel rail/injectors/horn...

Still need to reinstall coil/wires/cap/rotor/rad/all intake, then I'm done up front
                        Then I need to swap wheels, shocks from my iS, find exhaust/bumpers/valence/kamotors flares/anything else I want gone...

I think I'm just posting this to have an excuse to not work on that fucking car for 5 more minutes.
                        What're you trading for? No more E30?
                        1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                        1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                        1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                        My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Got everything done except for swapping the shocks, so I'll call that a victory.

Trading my iX (Hasn't run in 4 years, rotten quarters and random spots everywhere, no interior, etc) for an e36 328is that runs/drives but needs rocker panel work, fenders/bumpers and some misc stuff.

Pretty sure my iX is worth more, but this seems like much less of a project, which is what I really want.
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I was working on a mini cooper today. It needed a new thermostat, which was updated recently I guess. With the updated part, you would need an adapter lead to connect to the new designed plugs on the thermostat to the existing plugs on the engine harness, but they made the adapter lead that comes off from the new thermostat, but have not released the adapter lead that connects to that one to join it to the engine harness... Good job Mini, good job.... **slow clap**

Comment

Originally posted by IceWhite View Post
                              ^ "INSANE"

Just wondering if you are challenging this quote below:
                              flyboy owes us a story

Comment

ill get to work on it. i was kinda hoping for a more ridiculous word than that one like, i don't know...."anal discharge" or something
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X