X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Not E30 prices? They will always be $500 cars in my heart, and I'll continue to drive them as such.
    I'm almost ready to give up on this dream. Is 8-10k ok for a rust free e30? Ahh I actually can't do that yet.

But I have noticed e21's can be picked up for 1-3k. Tempting.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I used an oven once to bake some high temp exhaust paint once... thats as wild as I've gotten in that regard
    I used my (new / propane) oven to try to bake off oils after sandblasting my manifold and HX35 turbine housing, which 1, smelled worse than expected, and 2, the humidity from the propane caused the turbine housing to flash rust.

Then I sprayed them both and took them to work to bake in the oven and everyone whined that there was a smell in the hangar.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Not E30 prices? They will always be $500 cars in my heart, and I'll continue to drive them as such.
    We are the same.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
    Almost Halloween, my only plans are to go to work like any other day. Here's the spookiest e30 related thing I can think of...

Battery box rust! OOhoohoooo

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Almost Halloween, my only plans are to go to work like any other day. Here's the spookiest e30 related thing I can think of...

Battery box rust! OOhoohoooo

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Looks pretty good.

I wish I had a washer for parts

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
    curious to see before and after pics
    Here are some of the dirtiest parts I had, absolutely caked with oily dirt. I sprayed them with degreaser (purple power) and let them sit for a half hour, then flipped them over and ran the dishwasher with a cascade pod in it. I think with better detergent they'd be cleaner, but I'm hesitant to run this thing with a bunch of degreaser in it because it may foam out of control. The limitation is that the face exposed to the jets is the only one that gets significant cleaning. What's left after comes of fairly easily, but the dishwasher definitely does not do a great job of cleaning such awfully dirty parts, they still need to be sprayed down again and have the buildup scraped off.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7073.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	10072307

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7077.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	10072308

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Panici looks like one from an 02. Nice

I used an oven once to bake some high temp exhaust paint once... thats as wild as I've gotten in that regard

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    curious to see before and after pics

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    ^
    Don't forget the rinse aid, water spots on the car parts just won't do.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    I got a free parts washer, it works pretty well too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6956.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	10071686

Also I finally started the swap in the E34 this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Panici
    replied
    My E30's old wood shift knob lives on in my E28 as of yesterday.
    Had it sitting on my office desk for a couple years.

Got it from a parts car in 2014 and used it first with my M20, then M52 both with the Getrag 260.

Think it's originally from a 2002?

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

I can't wait to go there!
    I lucked out, active wildfire and covid (Sept 2020) so apparently the crowds were wayyy down from normal. We could park in any lot or pull out area in the park which is not normal. Still super worth visiting.

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post

Craziest "climb" I've done was the cables hike up Half Dome. Long legs helped get between the blocks on that hike, not sure how shorter people could do it haha.

I can't wait to go there!

Leave a comment:

• Reichart12
    replied
    Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Really stable tbh.
    Craziest "climb" I've done was the cables hike up Half Dome. Long legs helped get between the blocks on that hike, not sure how shorter people could do it haha.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X