Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    There's like 15 sets of s54 ITB's on eBay right now.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

What's the deal with these, how do you find a set of only ITB's without having the buy a whole S54?
    they pop up for sure. People def grenade engines and part out what's left

Leave a comment:

• Chilezen
    replied
    Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
    Speaking of NA expensive to make fast…

I got my S54 RRD ITB kit on.. Just trying to sort things out with tuners.
    What's the deal with these, how do you find a set of only ITB's without having the buy a whole S54?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    My cousin might have a big ol turbo laying around... came off the 2002 project car, but was originally from a GMC SyTy

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    The noises after the ABC delete are boner inducing.

I'm stoked to see how much power you get out of that thing when you're done! I've seen some impressive numbers after the s54 itb business is sorted out.

I'm trying to get that level of turbo noise from my om617. def getting rid of the stock turbo and going with a cheap holset lol

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Those ABC deletes on the X5d make me want to LMNOP.

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Soooo gooood.... I gotta do my ABC delete. Local friend/customer has stage 2 in his 335d and it's quite an impressive improvement over stock.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    Speaking of NA expensive to make fast…

I got my S54 RRD ITB kit on.. Just trying to sort things out with tuners.

Leave a comment:

• varg
    replied
    Yeah NA is great but it's unavoidably expensive to make it fast, I wish I could get my bike's responsiveness and power out of my cars NA but 110+hp/L would be a tall order for anything BMW. For my cars S54 swap is probably the only feasible option and an S54 powered E34 would hardly be considered fast.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Dont forget to short shift it too.... TORKE BAYBEE

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Wait til you have that boosted diesel! lol
    I'm so excited to start that.

See in an OM617, it's slow before the boost kicks in, then the turbo kick in and you're still slow. Very predictable- just how I like it.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Even on n54/55 and b58s where turbo lag is very minimal, it still doesn't do the same for me as an NA engine w half the power just pulling more and more to redline. It's just too satisfying.
    Wait til you have that boosted diesel! lol

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver View Post
    For an auto-x car, I'd rather just have an NA motor and learn control.

Mighty Car Mods actually did an episode/series pitting 2 NB Miata's against each other on an auto-x course. One supercharged, one turbo, both at the same max PSI. The supercharged one way outperformed on the course, although I bet the turbo car could turn up the boost and take off on the straights. It makes sense due to turbo lag, but was cool to see in practice.
    Yeah, I def feel the same..

I had a turbo car for a while and the way the boost hit made it not that fun to hit the twisties with.. It was def fun with all the noises and just being a pretty quick car, but I got rid of the 300whp car and replaced it with an m20 e30 lol

Even on n54/55 and b58s where turbo lag is very minimal, it still doesn't do the same for me as an NA engine w half the power just pulling more and more to redline. It's just too satisfying.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    For an auto-x car, I'd rather just have an NA motor and learn control.

Mighty Car Mods actually did an episode/series pitting 2 NB Miata's against each other on an auto-x course. One supercharged, one turbo, both at the same max PSI. The supercharged one way outperformed on the course, although I bet the turbo car could turn up the boost and take off on the straights. It makes sense due to turbo lag, but was cool to see in practice.

Leave a comment:

• MrBurgundy
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

No Mazdaspeeds for you, eh?
    No :c

Leave a comment:

Working...
X