Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    If you are serious about doing something like that do some research on what you want the car to do and where you want to compete with it. It can save you a big headache down the TRACK.
    Ba dum tiss

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
      Yeah, there's an indoor asphalt track that uses electric ones like an hour south of me. They say around 45, but probably closer to like 38 top. Those things are INTENSE. Three 16+1 lap races physically drained the hell out of me.
      I wouldn't be surprised to learn these were closer to 40-45 with our 200lb asses planted in the seats lol

We did 4 stints of 10 laps each, $80/person. Like you said, it's intense! After each stint I'd roll back into the pits and just flex my hands to ease the pain from gripping the wheel so tight :D

First of all, truest statement ever.
      Second, I want something with a little more oomph than the stock power of the M20 but not something that will be easy to go overboard in. I'm just not exactly sure what I want yet. An E30 seems like an obvious choice to me, but idk...
      E30 stroker.... #duh :D
      2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
        After each stint I'd roll back into the pits and just flex my hands to ease the pain from gripping the wheel so tight :D

Need to have loose hands on the wheel. Always express it to my students, but then catch myself doing the same when wheel to wheel lol. Also have a bad habit of letting the caster straighten the wheel and letting go slightly while the wheels slides through my hands. Other racers cringe when they see me doing it in videos.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Pulled over today. Officer hands me a ticket and says, "Your E30 is super clean...really really nice. I used to have an E30 M3 that I turned into a track car, sold it though. All about momentum in these cars. Nice job getting that little hamster 1.8 up to 60."

Thanks...I think?
          Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
          The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
          The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
          The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
            Pulled over today. Officer hands me a ticket and says, "Your E30 is super clean...really really nice. I used to have an E30 M3 that I turned into a track car, sold it though. All about momentum in these cars. Nice job getting that little hamster 1.8 up to 60."

Thanks...I think?

Lol you got rekt :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Lol, that's awesome!
              If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Was both funny and f*cked up. I was actually coming home from picking up a jack to do some work this weekend. I told him he wasn't making my restoration any cheaper. He agreed. Aaaaand left. Nice dude though.

Comment

Originally posted by majdomo View Post
                  Nice job getting that little hamster 1.8 up to 60."
                  The only thing you can now do in this situation is light your E30 on fire and fully embrace that burn. That gave me a damn good laugh.
                  88 325i Cabrio
                  04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

The only thing you can now do in this situation is light your E30 on fire and fully embrace that burn. That gave me a damn good laugh.

Exactly. Own it and laugh. I figured R3V would appreciate this expensive little episode more than my wife. Which turned out to be true. [emoji4]

Drive safely, kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would've said "Id do a burnout leaving here, but the little hamster wont"
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I just give those to the "Ticket Clinic"...
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:
                        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          ya but don't they usually go off before you even see the cop is what i'm saying.
                          Yeah they sure do go off when you can't see a cop... constantly with the false alerts. Riding with someone who has a radar detector it gets really annoying.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

I know I've mentioned it elsewhere, but if the cop is doing it right, by the time you get the radar tone your speed has already been visually estimated and you're screwed..
                            2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Good thing I never bought a radar detector then.

Comment

it's hard to tell now a days at night. it used to be you can spot them miles away.
                                now they have chargers and explorers with low pro lights.

i had a charger on my ass at 4am i was going 80 going to work in the fast lane.
                                nobody else around and he got beside me put the spot light in my face and got off next exit.
                                Couldn't even see the light bar.
                                Last edited by LowR3V'in; 08-10-2018, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X